- This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Anonymous.
- January 9, 2021 at 7:22 am #429887Trisha Lilly HibbertParticipantRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 23Replies: 444Has thanked: 2657 timesBeen thanked: 1583 times
Hi gals, I’ve recently started dressing thus have rough male facial skin. I’m lucky in that my facial hair grows slowly. Want to improve my skin. What products fo you use on your face? I haven’t got the biggest budget but can afford decent products. Upto about £20, £25 if it’s really good. If possible please suggest items available in the UK. Any tips would be really appreciated too.
- January 12, 2021 at 12:14 pm #431526AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9459 times
- January 11, 2021 at 7:29 pm #431202Laura Jane MooreLadyRegistered On: July 10, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 122Has thanked: 766 timesBeen thanked: 500 times
I recently had a phone consultation with wonderful young skin care and makeup consultant. She was quite nice and very helpful with a written follow up and description of the regimen and all the products she recommends. She has her favorites but gives drug store priced alternatives to all of her recommendations.
I was reading so much about different products that my head was spinning. She dumbed it all down for me and it was more than worth the 25 dollars that she charged for the consultation which lasted almost twice the allotted 1/2 hour. She provided follow up emails with the routines detailed out for me and the product alternatives. She was very patient answering all of my follow up questions and asked for no compensation in return. Quite a lovely young woman and mother.
Her name is Zaina Hamda and you can find her at http://www.doseofglamour.com. I found her to be very helpful and I would recommend her if you are interested in one on one skin care and makeup assistance. I am very pleased with the results.
- January 10, 2021 at 4:03 am #430359Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 574Has thanked: 721 timesBeen thanked: 1679 times
My wife who worked in the beauty industry never looks at anything she can’t source from her suppliers. The last lot cost me $600 nz dollars for three 200 ml bottles! Now she wants me to use the stuff…
For years I swabbed my face in Sheisado products cos I was a ski instructor out in the sun all day… and Piz Buin after sun care! Now most folk take me for a 50 year old rather than a 65 year old. So go with the best skin care you can afford as it is also the best foundation before your foundation creams.
- January 10, 2021 at 3:45 am #430354Cynthia HughesLadyRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 137Has thanked: 158 timesBeen thanked: 385 times
- January 9, 2021 at 1:02 pm #430067Serena StevensDuchessRegistered On: December 30, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 85Has thanked: 96 timesBeen thanked: 298 times
Following for a friend 😂. Seriously, I’m 60 and just waking up to this. Some eye baggage that needs addressed. I appreciate anything any girls can add on face care and thank Trisha for bringing this up.
- January 10, 2021 at 1:17 am #430323
- January 9, 2021 at 12:17 pm #430039IsabelBDuchessRegistered On: March 18, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 263Has thanked: 659 timesBeen thanked: 760 times
I’m currently using Olay regenerist day and night creams. Not the cheapest, but often on special offer. I do also use Olay Total Effects at times, which is also cheaper. I think the Regenerist is slightly better, but not enough to warrant paying full price for it. In both cases though I do use cream morning and night after cleansing first with micellar water. Don’t just use creams on your face though – don’t forget your neck too.
Another thing to remember is not to overdo it, there’s no benefit to it. The regenerist in particular, I find I can use quite sparingly.
- January 9, 2021 at 12:53 pm #430060Trisha Lilly HibbertBaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 23Replies: 444Has thanked: 2657 timesBeen thanked: 1583 times
Hi Isabel, I’ll keep an eye out for it. Ive never heard of micellar water before, I’ll use it in the future. it’s so inexpensive too. Thank you honey.
- January 9, 2021 at 11:10 am #430010AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 227Has thanked: 298 timesBeen thanked: 920 times
- January 9, 2021 at 12:40 pm #430053BaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 23Replies: 444Has thanked: 2657 timesBeen thanked: 1583 times
Hi Jessica, just checked both brands are available in the UK. Will look into them. Thank you
- January 9, 2021 at 1:25 pm #430084AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 227Has thanked: 298 timesBeen thanked: 920 times
That’s great Trisha
If you can go for the Cerave brand if you can. They have a good selection of moisturizers and retinol safe products.
I didn’t know much about the brand but a dermatologist gave a review of it on her youtube channel and gave it a thumbs up.
The chanel is The Budget Dermatologist.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.