Tagged: 

• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Simone T
      Lady

I’m sure most here have tried this (ie. specifically the Faceapp ‘female hd’ filter), but I only just came across it when someone else here mentioned it, and having never really tried makeup before I’m finding the results pretty amazing.

So was wondering for those more experienced than me in actually applying makeup, etc. How realistic are the results I might be able to get in real life when compared to what faceapp is showing?

Looking at the picture and comparing what it’s actually changed from the shape of my actual face and features, looks like it’s only slightly thinned my nostril area and reshaped my eyebrows to be more feminine and arched, also corners of my eyes look more open (but given some of the YouTube’s I’ve watched on makeup I think that’s attainable using makeup), added nice hair which frames my more feminine face, the rest seems pretty close to my actual face shape and features, etc.

If I can look anywhere near that attractive at some point in the future I will be a happy girl 😉 so here’s hoping (regardless of how replies to this thread might break my bubble 😉 ).

Simone T
      Lady

I see votes, but no replies 🙁

Anyone want to comment on this? or have I posted on a topic that’s been done to death elsewhere and I missed them?

Aoife
        Lady

Here’s a reply without a vote as I have not been able to get a makeover yet…

I love it, I am intoxicates by it, it’s just how I imagined… but I hate seeing the resemblance to my mother! What can you do, right? At least it’s me, the woman inside who needs my love and to love me back. So glad to see her even if she is still in my cursed family tree.

Angela
      Lady

Some of my features were there but not what I see in real life. I would definitely like to try to create that look.

HI Aoife

I had the same experience as you, after using the face app I looked almost the same as my mother, I guess it is in the genes

I really liked the results and love what it did for my hair, its neither the style or color that I’ve chosen for a wig before. If I can get it to size properly I’ll use it as a new profile pic.

Anonymous

(* I didn’t vote because I don’t use it)

I’m really beginning to despise this whole Faceapp thing. ..It’s very prolific here..

Please excuse me for expressing that in such strong terms. I just feel it’s ‘hiding’ or ‘untrue’ or something.

That’s all!

Love the face app !! Gives me a target I suppose ! If i can look like my face app pic il be one very happy gurl , one of my friends saw a picture o my phone and thought it was my daughter!!! ( lucky escape)

I hadn’t heard of Face App until I started browsing this forum – now I think I’m a bit of an addict. The first image it created of me brought back so many memories of the Rachel I knew from the past, it was shocking.

Playing with it more, I’ve managed to get some truly beautiful images. Honestly, I’ve no idea how achievable they really are, even with someone way more skilled in make up than me. But, once this accursed lockdown is over, I know I’m going to have to find out with a professional make-over. The fact that it doesn’t really distort my underlying face suggests that I might be able to get close and that excites me immensely.

It also brought home the power of different hair/wig styles to totally change my image. I guess I sort of knew that from experience but some of the looks with longer flowing hairstyles leave me utterly mesmerised.

However, thanks to Aoife, I tried the ageing filters and ended up seeing my mother – and now I can’t un-see my resemblance to her and that’s weirding me out a fair bit.

Rachel xx

I’m so happy I found this thread, I love Faceapp mmkay? One huge favor that Faceapp has done for me is to give me the confidence that just maybe I might one day look half that good. I always have told people whenever the trans subject comes up that I’d make an ugly girl, I’m not sure I feel that way anymore. Now for the likeness thing; I thought I was the only one! I keep seeing my daughter. In I never saw a resemblance to her before, but there it is, not always just from certain lighting conditions and or camera angles. The equally odd thing is that it has happened many times yet when I show my wife she never sees the resemblance that I do.

Ashley
      Lady

Another FaceApp addict here…

I voted “Faceapp is much better” because so far I’ve only dabbled in makeup. The results weren’t great… but using Faceapp and browsing pictures and tutorials and seeing what’s possible with makeup alone is slowly rebuilding my motivation. I still think Faceapp will always be better, but the really encouraging thing is, like a lot of you have pointed out, is that a a lot of the results I get still look a lot like me. In my best Faceapp shots the app barely alters my facial structure, but still makes me look really feminine.

This app really is something amazing though… I never thought there would be a thing that could show me images of myself as a pretty girl so easily!

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I have to go against the grain and say I’ve never used it and do not think I’d want to.  Heck, never heard of it till coming here.  The pictures look great…. maybe too great?  I mean, I had to pretend to be “the guy” and put on a false front for people, I did not come here to CDH  just to start pretending all over again.  It would be a bit depressing, seeing that gorgeous feminine face app  image thinking is this how I should have looked?  Easier to be myself ( and learn make up!!! ).   And honestly I’ve met some of the most beautiful people in my life here – and it has nothing to do with their pic.  Don’t anyone get me wrong please, I love the pics I see, they are lovely!!  Its just not me.🙂

…. and the last thing I would want is to say is ” hey, I look like my mom!”.

Stevie

It’s the mirror of Erised (Harry Potter) for cross dressers!

Love Laura

Anonymous

I nixed the makeup filter but went with the feminine upgrade and was pleasantly surprised. I was knocked out by the long hair look. I tend to go in the opposite direction. I think I’ll see how close I can get. The app is a toy, but it can probably be occasionally useful if you don’t get addicted!

Like many others here, I’d never heard of it until seeing it mentioned at CDH.

I played around with it and tried to find the most natural look possible and am using that as a benchmark as I work hard on my make up skills. My hats off to all you super talented ladies that have acquired this skill set!

I was surprised how much the app still looked like the reflection in the mirror, I had tried it out half expecting CGI on par with a Hollywood blockbuster.

But yeah, that Mom vibe was a little off putting at first…….

I tried four or five pictures, some where good others not so.  I was thrilled when it identified one of my pictures in full makeup as female and wanted to show me the male version.

I think using it on your pictures you post here would be cheating, but you may want to hide your male identity.

Jennifer

Anonymous

Occasionally I spend some cash on a very good makeup artist to take me to revealing me at my femme ultimate. It helps me to be realistic about what is attainable. I see Harietta in 3-D and learn about the process

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?