Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi

My teen son always calls me a Dinosaur when it comes to tech! but can I ask a silly question?

Can I have a Facebook account in Bianca’s name?

I don’t want to do anything illegal, just things I wouldn’t want to do on my other site. Facebook Marketplace for example seems a good place to buy/sell Bianca stuff. What triggered this was one night I’d had some wine🤣🤣🤣and stumbled on this local site as Bianca (via my alter email which I get my CDH, Estée Lauder etc) and they want me to join them on Facebook for activities🤣all very innocent, virtual pub quizzes, feminist book club etc🤭. What do feminists think of feminist men?🤣🤣🤣 Will I need another mobile phone number to do this. Anybody here crossed that bridge?

❤️B

Anonymous

Hello Bianca

I set up  Natasha facebook page

Wasted hours putting up pictures.

No pictures were bad

I get up next day to finish

It was closed due to violating community rules. Thats all it said.

Hugs,

Natasha 💋

Anonymous

I tried and failed, it seems that it two accounts for one person violates FB community rules.

Caroline

Hi Bianca

My ONLY fb acct is in Olivias name and it works out just fine, my postings are set to friends only.

Brianna S
      Lady

If you use alternative email address how would they know if you have 2 separate  accounts.  I have 2, but the second was more of a business  page for my manly hobby.  I have not touched it in over a year and I looked the other day its still open.

I have two FB pages, one under my male email account and the other under Brenda Lynn email. Have had them for years … and never the twain do meet. I didn’t think it was against any Facebook policy.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Bianca,

Well, considering about 4 or 5 times a year, I get a ‘Friend’ request from someone with whom I’m already a ‘Friend’ and upon searching out the party that sent me that request, I find that there is precious little personal information available, just a photo that I recognize (that is easily copyable) and some ‘Friends’ already there that I don’t recognize at all.  Needless to say, these are ‘hacked’ accounts or stolen or duplicated by people trying to get access to other accounts too.  I or some other true friend notifies our real friend and if he/she does do something, FB deletes those accounts. If nobody says anything? Well, they will probably stay there until who knows when.  I’m also friends with a college buddy and I think he has some issues  (VietNam vet) as he has two accounts in his name that he seems to switch back and forth with no rhyme or reason. Both are still visible because he hasn’t notified the admins.

So, I’d say, if you’re careful, and pay attention, and are able to split yourself such that you feel safe, go for it.

This is odd. I have 2 accounts. The “Don” one is at least 15 years old, but I rarely look at it. The “DeeAnn” one is about 4 years old.

The first was created when I lived in New York State and I don’t have the computer I used or the cable modem. The “DeeAnn” one was created in California with all different hardware, so IP addresses, etc. would be entirely different.

I often get a few Friend Requests each week from people that I don’t know. The account typically has no more than 3 or 4 photos, distant location and no biographical information. That brings an automatic REJECT. I don’t need BS like that…

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Bianca,

Sure, you can have a Facebook account for Bianca. The question you need to ask is SHOULD you have a FB account for Bianca. Anyone that reads the news knows Facebook is one of the worse social media platforms for personal privacy. I consider it spyware. If you’re selective about who learns of Bianca, be very careful. When logged into your account, Facebook will persistently try to access other accounts and apps that are running on your device. If you let it have access, your contacts that are on Facebook will start seeing Bianca in their friend recommendations. FB can track your browsing history. It will try to hook into media files you have stored on your device.  It uses the metadata in your music, photos, videos etc to profile and track you. It’s easy to correlate all this data and get outed if you’re careless.  Plus it’s just creepy.

I have a Facebook account for Emily. I use it mostly to keep up with some local Trans/CD groups that only publish info on FB. I don’t use Facebook apps on any of my computers or mobile devices. I don’t ever use my Facebook account to login to any other site or service. When I login to FB, I use a web browser. When I’m finished, I logoff and delete the account from my browser. Then I delete my cookies.

At some point I’ll delete both my Facebook accounts. The hassles I go thru to maintain my privacy far outweigh the small benefit I get from the platform. YMMV.

Emily

Anonymous

Hi B

don’t touch it with a bargepole as we say in England….for all the reasons in Emily’s post. I had an account a few years back and I had some very odd events happen….and if you follow the news, it’s even worse now…don’t rely on your privacy on there….grace x

Seren
      Baroness

I deleted my two FB profiles earlier this year, concerned about security and accidental outing to f&f.
      I have since been spending a lot of time on IG as Seren (acc set to private to keep the stalker/abuse messages to a minimum)

I know it’s owned by FB….. but I have found the CD and TG communities on there a useful addition to the community here. I’m probably deluded to think that  it’s any better than FB…

take care, stay safe

Seren xx

Anonymous

You may call me the ‘Debbie downer’ here if you wish, but based on my experience with Facebook, I say: Avoid it like the plague.

Thanks for all your replies.

It seems my confusion and reluctance are well founded.

Brenda,DeeAnn and Brianna have two accounts no problem.

Natasha and Caroline tried and were rebutted.

Grace and Seren and Emily, thanks for the warnings.

And Chloe, ‘ go ahead if I think I can split myself in a way I feel safe. I guess that’s the crux of the matter.

I was just wanting to buy/sell stuff online as B, and maybe some local online interaction which may lead to friends nearby for some social contact.

If I bought a cheap second hand smart phone and got a different number, together with Bianca’s email I assumed I could keep things separate.

But it is all too much for a simple gal who has been warned that FB wizards can find me out.

Maybe I should get a penpal🤣

❤️B

PS my search for some local interaction in no way detracts from the love I feel for all of you❤️

Debbie J
      Lady

I have two Facebook profiles, one personal and one business, and I try to keep the two separate since the personal profile has a lot of political material on it. The thing I would stress here is that sometimes I will make a post from one profile but it will show up as being posted by the other profile. Not that big a deal in my case, but if you absolutely need to keep the profiles separate it could be a concern.

[postquote quote=389161]
      Can I ask Debbie are your two profiles linked by the same email or a phone number when you joined, or do you use them both with the same device?

Debbie J
      Lady

No problem, hun.

Both profiles have different emails, since I have an email account just for the business. Also, the business profile did not need a phone number (it would rarely be used, and if needed I supply it to the client). They are both used from multiple devices, but most of the time, when I go to make a post, I’ll get a drop-down that lets me select which profile that post is “supposed” to be from. It just doesn’t always work the way it should.

Debbie J
      Lady

There are definitely security concerns. Two things can help, although I don’t think anything can eliminate them:

1) Don’t “collect” friends. Everybody on my personal page is either someone I know, or someone who has been recommended by someone I know.

2) I get friend requests all the time from people I’ve never heard of. Most of them have one or two pics and one or two posts. I delete those without a second thought. If they seem more legit then I try to figure out how they might know me or someone I know, and then I contact the people who I think might have sent them to me. No verification of who they are means I delete them too.

[postquote quote=389175]
        Thanks Debbie

My current Facebook page is only to keep in touch with family, and consist only of family members. That is why I am reluctant to get Bianca popping up on my other FB account following your experiences. I can see my family scrutinising a picture of Bianca. ‘Looks familiar but who is she??’🤣🥴😮

Anonymous

Simple, stay clear of FB. If your going to run two separate accounts, then run them independently from two different addresses, but you can still be linked to any payments made on either account or for either account through card transactions, phone registration forms. Etc.

As Caroline has mentioned already, is that it violates FB rules! Just another thing to consider also, only a few years ago, crossdressers using their femme names, as opposed to your legal name, accounts were disabled because you were not using you’re real name. This has been a touchy subject between Facebook and the transgender community!

I have two Facebook profiles one for Madelynn and the other separate.  Facebook is a funny thing.  Madelynn getS far more creepy friend Requests, but I have connected with other CDs and I encourage them to join us here. So, it’s really a choice. You can always delete the profile.

Katrina
      Lady

I have a separate email for Cass and so I used that to create a new account on Facebook. It is a bit of a pain having to log out and in every time I want to switch accounts but as I am still closeted it works for me. The only issue I have found is in messenger if you are logged into one you don’t get the ping notifications if someone sends you a message in the other. For example my wife uses my regular account not Cass’s. So if I am in Cass’s messenger and she sends me a message, I don’t get it until I switch. If I forget to switch back, she gets mad at me for never answering LOL

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?