• This topic has 24 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Vanessa Law
      Managing Ambassador

One of my good friends has really struggled with the pain of electrolysis. Even after going through many surgeries and living full time she still struggles with facial hair. She’s taking electrolysis as she can handle it.

I’m fortunate that I completed all of my laser hair removal and electrolysis before I started transition, so that wasn’t an aspect of going full time I had to worry about.

Where are you on transition? Have you complete electrolysis, do you plan to?
      What is your least favorite part about hair removal? Maybe all of it? 🙂

I’d love to have the cash to afford electrolysis.
      Here, it costs about $150AUD for a 30min session.
      To be effective, I’m looking at 3 one hour sessions a week, for at least 2 years.
      That puts such an important thing firmly out of my reach since I’m on the Pension, and I have about $70 to $100 general expenses cash on a good pension fortnight.

Vanessa Law
        Managing Ambassador

That’s really expensive hon, yikes!
        It’s been so long that I don’t remember the actual price, but I don’t think it would’ve been more than $50 for a 30 min session.

Anonymous

Mustache is the worst part! it hurt like hell.

I have been lasered for the beard only 3 times, i still have some facial hairs and i need to shave twice a week so it dosen’t appear!

Vanessa Law
        Managing Ambassador

Melanie, that area hurt, but it wasn’t quite as painful as what I needed to do to prep for bottom surgery.
        Owie owie owie!

But sounds like you’re making great progress hon! Keep at it, every session gets easier!

Anonymous

First time laser on beard area is rather painful.  I just had my third visit and it does get easier pain wise.  technician moved me up to a stronger lase this time. eight weeks now between visits.

Vanessa Law
        Managing Ambassador

Woohoo!! Go Samantha! It gets easier 🙂

Thank you. I found this useful to know. Always like to have idea of what to expect.

Hello Ladies,

All I can say is hair in general in the bane of transgender existence. You have beards that you have to keep off and wigs that you have to figure out. I wish you all luck!

dw6235
      Lady

I thought about laser removal full body but i hears it’s very painful and can be costly

Anonymous

money is a limiting factor so I have not had any hair removal processes.

I shave as close as I can and the best shave I have ever had is using the Venus razor by Gillette.  I have even recommended this girl razor to male customers when I was still working in retail.

I deal with it the least expensive way possible.  Once a month I do an all over body shave and even do my lower arms (elbows to hands).  In between I do touch up shaves to keep as little body hair as possible.   Ok so I have to shave daily but my skin and hair is so fair, thanks to my mother’s genes, that I don’t have a huge issue especially with facial hair.   If I had money to do the job more completely, I would probably go with laser as less painful than electrolysis.

I too shave most of my body. However, the main issue I have had so far is ingrown hairs mainly in the crotch area. I too shave my lower arms and hands. I actually did it for the first time recently. My fear was that someone would notice but nobody has and probably nobody cares. I will definately continue. My other problem is my back. I have lots of hair on my back and of course cannot reach it to shave it. I will probably get it waxed or something sometime down the road.

I have had laser on the face, chest, belly, back and hands. After 12 one hour treatments at a cost of 229/treatment there is no colored hair left. With the exception of the upper lip area all were done at the highest level #10. The upper lip area and outer edge around the lips was at level 8 and done in a sweeping motion by the technician. Laser does not get light colored or grey hair, for this I have been using the “no no” with success. It is slow and a patchy removal but is working for me. I have also been using it to remove arm, hand and private area hair. The hair needs to be 1/16 inch long and unit send a pulse of heat and laser light down the hair shaft to kill the root.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

I emailed a couple laser hair removal places asking about the procedures but they have not followed up as they should have.  I guess I’ll keep trying as I am definitely interested in seeing if they can help eradicate or at least minimize my masculine facial hair(Hoping it is not too gray-I never let it get long enough to see for sure)

Anonymous

It’s two expensive but I do keep my body complete smooth. Maybe someday a good fairy will pay for my hair removal

Anonymous

I used to have facial hair removal at the top of my list but that has changed with age. I am both fortunate and unfortunate in that my beard is light in color and hard to see. Unfortunate in that laser treatment is ineffective. Fortunate in that it is easy to conceal with just normal foundations. Twenty some years ago I tried electrolysis but had to give up because of my skin’s reaction to the assault. After weekly one hour sessions over a period of maybe two months I had to give up. My sensitive skin was ablaze and in grown hairs a severe problem. I just can’t bring myself to try again. I would rather spend that money on something that really makes a difference. Shaving is just a normal part of my hygiene and when done well quite adequate to my needs. Now talk to me about vocal cord surgery and I might go for it. Even there I am going to try to avoid it if I can. To my own ear I don’t pass but it is the reaction of others that will be my guide. I know too many women with facial hair and low pitch voices to make any one item of feminization all important.

Facial hair removal is at the top of my list. That and upper torso/arm hair removal. I’ve said if all I had to do was wake up and shave my legs every day I’d be happy.

But I haven’t been to a consultation for either laser or electrolysis yet. I’ve seen much information online. We’ll see. I hope that I don’t have any issues. I can hold off on everything but my face and wait and see what HRT does before I worry about that too much, but having to shave my face every day really bothers me.

It didn’t bother me so much today. I tried a new makeup technique that seemed to help. First, I finally discovered primer. That took long enough. I’d heard about it, just never got around to it. Then, I used two foundations. I have very fair skin. So I use an ivory colored foundation. I was concerned about the Geisha girl look. So I wanted to try one tone up in the same line that had a hint of peach to it. I also read somewhere that a foundation with the peach may have that red tint to cover the blue hue of facial hair. So I wanted to just try the new foundation by itself and see. I wasn’t going anywhere today and needed to see how it looked. It didn’t look good for my tone. But it did kind of cover the beard better. I’m not sure if I attribute this to the primer or the peach. Anyway, I came over the top with a light coat of my usual ivory foundation and it turned out pretty good and I feel like the beard was covered really well without having to cake foundation on.

So whether it was the primer or the two colors of foundation, I’m not sure. I’ll try the primer with my usual foundation by itself at some point and see what that does and then I’ll know.

I shave my entire body every day. This is quite a bummer not to mention very time consuming. I have been doing a lot of research lately and I’m considering an in home use IPL/RF system (about $700 US). If anyone has used such a device please let me know. I do not have dark hair and for the most part no back hair. My legs are easy but my face and torso are my trouble areas. Even when I look smooth I can still feel it and I hate it.

I’m just now in my first year of therapy so HRT is still off in the distance for me.

Hi Jennifer honey I feel the same way I’m getting older and the dark hair is going gray along with the hair on my head and my sister keeps guilt tripping me about coloring it she even quit coloring her own just impossible to get her to let me color it now I get so down about it but back to facial hair science needs to find a way that’s cheaper and less painful I’m thinking of an epilator but can’t afford it either and I keep filleting my legs and face although not as often anyway I hope you have better luck Love Maria

Hi Vanessa honey I want to thank you sweetie I haven’t had any hair removal removal yet but I want to I hate my beard I’m lucky its not as thick as some but very wirey just not as many hairs I’m on fenugreek it’s all I can afford and my breasts are growing my face is changing a <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>little and my hair looks better I’m not worried about the pain it’s worth it to be rid of my facial hair for good Love&Hugs Maria</span>

Anonymous

I guess I am luck in a way. No chest hair to speak of. I can go almost 3 day without shaving. End of second day I get what most call a 5 o’clock shadow. However, I can shave very close and still see the dark area. For now I believe I will try a primer with concealer and see how that works for me.

Hi girls I’m not even close to starting any facial hair removal I truly wish I could my mustache and beard aren’t that heavy not as many hairs per inch at least I don’t think so anyway but it is such a hard thing for me it is very wirey as far as transitioning I didn’t get too far before I had to just basically stop well I’m still trying to improve my breasts LoL but I’m barely a Bcup if that I’m really down about it but not out I’m optimistic that is pretty much it if only in my heart for now Love Maria

Julia
      Baroness

I found this thread this morning – and great timing – because I was going to post a topic like this one myself.

I’m now considering removing my facial hair with laser hair removal. I have a few questions for those who may have some experience with this.

1. After all the hair is removed over multiple (and presumably costly) sessions, what does your face look like after, let’s say, a couple weeks have passed? Was your face red, and your skin inflamed, the next day?

2. I read an article about Caitlyn Jenner in which Ms. Jenner’s facial skin looked kind of bumpy to my eyes in the one photo posted with the article. Is this typical? I read that the hairs in our faces in some way “hold our skin together” (not literally, of course) and that, once those hairs are gone, the stabilizing forces in our faces can droop, sag, get bumpy, and so on. I honestly don’t know how literally to take these comments. Maybe Caitlyn Jenner, given that she’s getting older, might have skin issues based on aging skin (or the historical lack of skin care) rather than the laser process itself.

3. I  have dark hair on my face, and therefore, as I’ve be told, I’m a candidate for laser hair removal. Do the treatments hurt (i.e., are they painful – even temporarily?).

4. After facial hair removal, how did your appearance change? Did people notice right away? Did anyone in your family or among your friends look at you and say anything about your “new facial look” without you tipping them off in advance that you were planning to have the procedure done?

Please feel free to private message me if you wish. All replies will be greatly appreciated.

Best/Julia

Hi Girls I don’t think I’ll ever be able to afford it myself or surgery either I’m just trying to be myself as much as possible for now at least I have managed to get my breasts to grow I’m a small Bcup now woohoo but it’s better than forms I feel anyway I’m older so maybe I can get by saying I’m menopausal LoL Love Maria

Anonymous

<i> 2016_transitioning for transgender and transsexual women: Vanessa Law original post:</i>

<i>One of my good friends has really struggled with the pain of electrolysis. Even after going through many surgeries and living fu</i>

<i>ll time she still struggles with facial hair. She?s taking electrolysis as she can handle it.</i>

<i>I?m fortunate that I completed all of my laser hair removal and electrolysis before I started transition, so that wasn?t an aspe</i>

<i>ct of going full time I had to worry about.</i>

<i>Where are you on transition? Have you complete electrolysis, do you plan to?</i>

<i>What is your least favorite part about hair removal? Maybe all of it? ?</i>

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?