Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So, I constantly have issues shaving my face before I dress. I try and do the best job I can (hot water, shaving gel and my trusty Gillette razor) but I constantly end up with stubble, hair left behind and the visible texture of having shaven.

Can anyone help, what recommendations do you have for the perfect or cleanest shave? I have looked at other topics about electrolysis, epilating or are there other tips.

Any help would be great as I want that perfect shave and great skin for my make up.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Cleanse and hold a warm damp towel on the face. Lather up and have a first close shave and use a five blade razor. Clean off then moisturise, leave for it to soak in the re shave with wet razor without foam.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

If you decide to do anything other than shave, please don’t epilate your face!  You risk serious injury.  Laser or electrolysis would be the next step up.

/EA

I usually pull hair out with tweezers for eyebrows. Have to do this about 2 or 3 times in a week. But I have only a little mustaches and practicaly don’t have a beard growing. So it doesn’t take a lot of time from me. If you have a lot of facial hair this method is not for you i guess.

Julie
      Lady

Just do test to find out the best set that works for you. Cause hat rag, shaving cream and regular Gillette shaver does magic on me hun. It takes like over 1 day before 2 days for stubble to grow back. So my method for face my and my difffernt method for my body are perfect.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Renee I use shaving cream not from a can but in a tube from, I wouldn’t say there name but there initials are T.J.’S and only at the end of a shower with a three blade razor and then go back over with my electric razor, then what does grow, is a much softer stubble .

Cr*mo shave cream, D*rco four-blade razor.

My beard is almost black. It never used to be, but these days it’s almost black so no matter how close a shave, there is always a shadow.Different razors, different gels and creams, different methods…. Shadow. The only way to be rid of it is makeup. I have been introduced to a mineral powder foundation (No.7). Powder is better than liquid as it can be brushed into the hair so to speak. Liquid just sits over it. For my main face area, I use a foundation brush, but for my upper lip where the shadow is worse, I use a smaller stiffer brush so I can target the area. The great thing about this foundation is that I can go maybe two days without shaving. Each morning I apply the foundation and it hides any shadow or stubble.
      I guess the ultimate answer is electrolysis, but I don’t want to make permanent alterations.

Don’t be shy about asking the girls at your local make up counter. They will be more than happy to help…. You might even get a full makeover whilst you’re at it 🙂

Cerys

Samantha R
      Duchess

I don’t have much to add. I use an Italian product that starts with an R.
      I also use a 3 blade in the shower. Many good tips here, I hope to read more.

Karla Rogers
      Duchess

Renee, a few months ago I wrote a two part article called In Search of the Baby Butt. It addresses your issue of facial shaving. I give a detailed, step by step method of shaving to get a baby butt smooth shave. I also list my recommendations of proper shaving accoutrements. You should check it out.

Syndee
      Lady

I am required to shave everyday for work. I have used dollar shave club razors for ever and find that they give a real smooth and close shave. I don’t use shaving cream, I am old school with shave soap and a brush. I shave against the grain of my hair so that it is closer but as I said I have to shave everyday and my face is used to going against the grain so it doesn’t bother me. I use a 5 blade razor to shave.

If I did that I’d have secondary infections from ingrowing hairs. I have wire growing out of my face. We all have different hair types

Tip.., Don’t!.. if you still have dark hair get it lasered. At the end of the day it is cheaper than a life time of Gillette rasers. To get a good close shave you need to change the cartridge regularly. With laser you’ll probably pay a thousand but you’ll save on rasers, gel and you wont need layers of foundation and beard cover. Wait too long and you wont be able to get rid of the grey hairs.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Electric first, then blade after for me. Downstrokes everywhere with the blade first, then gentle  “upstrokes” to finish off. Works for me, was fully made up from circa 11am last Wednesday until 11pm bedtime same night, no beard shadow came through.

But then, the make up was done by a professional make up artist, so that may have had something to do with it all.

“Watch this space” for an article on the above day soon!!!

Caty.

Shave with the grain the first time. Then shave against the grain the second time! After the first shave rub your face and the direction you feel the stubble shave in that direction!

shave north south first, then south north. east west, then west east. works for me.

I have light colored hair and my facial hair is not very thick. But I shave two times a day with a Norelco electric razor. My skin is very sensitive and a blade razor irritates it. What I use works for me. Everyone is different. I epilate body hair.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?