Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Ladies,

I’m venturing into false eyelash territory, and have a question.

Should the eyelash go all around the upper eyelid, or only part way? I’ve seen pictures of both. I’m wondering if I need to trim my lash pieces or if I can just run them all along my eyelid.

Opinions?

Leah

Hi Leah,  Based on what I know and what I learned from dancers, you can do whatever you feel like and what you think looks good.  Most of the professionals that I know (those who wear them everyday) will find a brand that looks and feels good on their eyes and then trim the ends and maybe V the lashes to get a look and feel that they like.  Many of them only use i-gloo brand adhesive to stick them on.  I hope that helps.   Marg

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Leah.

I love false eyelashes. I’ve seen the effect you’re talking about. For me I believe the lash should go all the way from side to side and can be left full or trimmed. I’ve trimmed some full lashes on the inside near the nose tapering toward the outside which looked very nice. I like full lashes sometimes and have had some that were so full and long I could feel their weight… Betty Boop style… lol

J J
      Lady

I agree, there is no right or wrong answer, just what you like a d think works best for you.

Personally, I like subtle false lashes, meaning they add length, but still look real. I dislike the “obvious” false lashes, they can look so comical. GGs can sometimes get away with it, but when dressed en femme they can have a drag queen look.

All the falsies I bought only go part way.  I haven’t come across any that go all the way across the upper lid.

Maybe GG eyelids are smaller ?

I lean my falsies to the outer edge of the eye.  I have a picture of pokimane (she is a gamer/streamer) and she wears her falsies on the outer edge, so I follow her example.

I’ve done both, trimmed and used them full size.  I have hooded eyes, and have found from reading and personal experience that the lashes should be big enough to go along the lash line, but not so long that they are close to the corner of the eye closest to the nose.  I’ve also had a better look with lashes that are smaller on the nose side, and bigger on the outside of the eye.  I’ve found that with my eyes that I also need longer ones to be seen outside my hooded eyes.

I have also had good luck with the magnetic eyeliner lashes.  I tried the glue on ones, and didn’t have good luck with them.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Leah,

Most of the advice I have seen for CD’s says that false lashes should cover only 2/3 or 3/4 of the outer lid, leaving the innermost area with only some eyeliner. Also cutting a little off the lash makes it easier to handle and get used to as a novice lash user.

I’ve given up on trying to use them though. My close-up vision stinks & my hands are not as steady as they once were and I just can’t make it work.

Fiona

Ditto with he vision and hands issue.I basically have no lashes to speak of, or brows, but that’s easily solved. I had such pretty lashes a lad, nice curled black ones, ah to have those lashes now!

Samantha R
          Duchess

Kristen – What have you done with your brows? mine are so light I can’t tell where they are.

As a senior my eyesight  and unsteady hand made mascara one hell of a mess. Tried magnetic with clear eyeliner, looked 100% better

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’ve read that they’re easier to put on if they’re a bit shorter than your lash line.

Personally, if I’m wearing false eyelashes, they’re almost always applied during a professional makeover.  The pros that do them always use individual lashes.  Apparently they look better than strip lashes.

/EA

I have used the magnetic and the glue on kind.  I try for a more subtle look than anything way over the top.

I also have a Lashify starter set. I like them a lot they can last for days with the better glue.  You put them on piece by piece and build up the lash.  They look super realistic. The bonus with the Lashify system is the curved oversized tweezers that make it easier to put on any kind of fake lashes.

Fiona Black
        Baroness - Annual

Susan,

I have a pair of those special lash tweezers but it didn’t help me unfortunately.

The make-up lady that did my make-up for my 2020 photoshoot glued false lashes on me; my only experience wearing them. Your question made me curious about them. I have my “Make-up, close up” photo from my Public Photo page stored on my phone, and just did a zoom-in on it. She trimmed off the inner part and covered my upper lid from the outer edge to about 3/4 of the way across; the inner edge of the lash ends in line with the inner curve of my iris when I’m looking directly forward. The lashes are also fuller towards the outer part of my upper lid.

I don’t think there’s a right or wrong on how much of our upper lid the falsies cover. A lash that covers the entire upper lid is more reminiscent of the vintage/retro age; the 20s-60s. Also envision “old” Hollywood from the same period. Today, women’s lashes are not that dramatic; unless they’re going for an ultra “glammed-up” look for a special event.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I only use lashes that go about 75% of the way across and they are also longer at the outside than the inside…

Furthermore, I prefer the magnetic lashes to actually glued on lashes. They use a magnetic eyeliner that they attach to. They pop right off and don’t take my real lashes with them.

Plus the little liner pen is small, fits in the purse, If you need to reapply, easy peasy.

Have fun out there!

xoxo

Rayna

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?