Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I really would like to wear false nails, but I am worried about removing them – how easily and quickly and cleanly can this be done? What is the best way of attaching them so that removal is easy? I asked a few of the girls in public chat and they gave me some great advice, but is there any professional advice on this topic?
      Thank you
      Christine

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

The lady that does my pedicures recommended Kiss Impress press-on nails for a quick temporary manicure.  She’s right.  They look great and are fairly durable if applied correctly.  I’ve worn them for up to a week.  They go on and come off easily.  No glues or solvents needed.

Dear Emily

that sounds just like the information that I need.  I’m going straight to a shop this morning for some Kiss Impress press on nails.  I’m so excited. Thank you.  I’ll report back how it goes.

hugs

Christine

Just ordered them online….will arrive in 2 days.  I am literally shaking with anticipation…..

thank you again for the advice.

Christine

Impress nails are great, they offer them in wider fit as well if you have larger nail beds. You can also get double adhesive waterproof strips in pre-cut sizes (Ivtor) on Amazon that work well for press ons and are easy to remove when the time comes

Dear Kathy
            Thanks for the advice. Ιve just now ordered some on Amazon : )
            Hugs
            Christine

Anonymous

I second this.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I am not a professional but press on nails work pretty good. As a matter of fact I am wearing some right now.  Just get some good quality nails (Kiss Impress are really good).

Hugs, Liara

J J
      Lady

Brilliant advise, thanks. I have wondered about false nail options and never went that way because I thought it was too much of an undertaking. The press on nails sound perfect and I will be trying some at the first opportunity.

J J
      Lady

Thanks for the wonderful advice. I bought my first set of impress mails and they wokred great. So easy and I.lobe the length they give instantly. I jave a pocture up wearing them.wih a brown smaleskim.pattern dress.

I second that, I use impress nails when I can and they are exceptional easy too apply look fabulous and relatively simple to remove

I’ve used impress too.  I have a picture up of the medium length ones.  I had used the shorter ones, and liked them.  They are all very easy to get off.  Just pry them up. I had wanted to keep the medium length ones on for overnight, but I found that I’m not used to the length, and was having too much trouble with things like taking out contacts.  But I did love the look though.  I think I’d like to try some of the even longer ones, but I believe you have to glue them on, so am looking forward to seeing how to get those off.

They are just not quite wide enough, if the added one extra nail, a size wider then I would use them. For now its glued nails…which I find quite cathartic, it takes time and concentration.

Katie F
      Lady

Hi,

I’m pretty new to this and I normally can only dress for an hour or two, so it helps to quickly remove. I wouldn’t recommend if you are going to be out and about or for long time wear.

I used Double Sided Adhesive Tabs Nail Glue Sticker along with Acrylic Nails. They just stick to the back of the nail, and then on your own nail. You can soak them in warm water for removal or just rip them right off. This at least gives you a bit more options on nails from Amazon.

– Katie

Anyone have advice on removing the glue on nails?  I thought that I might want to try some, but don’t want them stuck forever.  That would be a problem.  I’ve heard that you can soak them in acetone, but that seems pretty radical, and bad for hands too.

J J
        Lady

It depends on the type of nail and adhesive used. As noted below, some just pop off easily, but others are adhered with a pretty tenacious adhesive so that you do have to soak in acetone. While not great, acetone is not that bad, and is used in many polish removers. 15 minute soaks are common to remove acrylic nails. Sometimes we have to pay the price of beauty, or our vanity, but there are cheaper ways to purchase it.

I paint my nails with clear polish and then glue the artificial nails on.   The glue sticks to the polish and is much easier to get off.  It’s also much easier on my natural nails.

Someday soon, I’m just going to let my nails grow or get acrylics and wear them full time!

I tried double side tape to hold nails on, and lost one pulling my skirt up. I have glued them down, and they last well. I use aciton on a cotton ball and they dissolve and leave my nails in good shape.

Paula

Syndee
      Lady

I also started wearing the impress nails. I have now learned how to do my own dip style nails and wear them instead. I just keep them on full time and wear clear polish during the week when I am at work but when I get home on Friday it is straight to the nail polish and get them painted up for the weekend. I would love to keep them polished all the time but my job only allows clear nail polish on males. They can be a bit of a pain to get off if I have to remove them but I only take them off if I break one.

It’s interesting that your employer has a specific policy regarding nail polish on males.   Discriminatory but still interesting.

I have a nail that splits down the middle so I use glue on nails to hold the nail together. I use a drop of super glue to seal the nail down. Acetone will remove the nail and with a short soak the glue

Ashlynn
      Lady

I get my nails done at salon love being in there with women so feminine feeling

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

IOn the past I ended up using the stick on nails, but with the little double sided sticky pads on first. That way when the time came for removal, I was just pushing the nails off via the sticky pad.

Worked well for quite some time, but then about two years ago, this method failed me and I kept having nails fall off.

Since then, sadly, (oh so sadly)  I’ve decided I cant be bothered with the whole process. That’s cos I used to love looking at my hands all “feminized” and having to pick things up or /type with, the pads of my fingers and not the ends.

“Old age” is a real let down??? LOL

Caty.

The best thing to do is to get gel nails put on at a nail salon painted in your favorite color. With gel nails you won’t be able to take them off. Be a big girl and wear them proudly 24/7. You will get a lot of compliments from women. See the following reddit group:

https://www.reddit.com/r/malepolish/

The type of nail will depend on how easily you can remove them. I find that Kiss Press on nails are pretty good. They stay on pretty good in normal usage. But removing them takes only a minute. And they don’t damage your nails.

I only wear nails when my wife is away.
      I find that two things happen.
      1) The stick on, but one will ping off to never be found again. Usually the one that there isn’t a spare of.
      2) They stick on so well that you need machinery to get them off.

I’ve tried soaking them in hot water. This makes it a little easier.
      I haven’t tried acetone, mainly because I don’t have any. I hear it does work.

Cerys.

[postquote quote=712904]
      Only allowing clear polish on males is discrimination. The ACLU would take that case.

I use stick on with superglue… OMG I hear you scream… I dot the glue and press them on, I paint them up and if I have to remove them( even if its a couple of hours after applying them… boohoo 🙁 ) I immerse my fingers in warm soapy water and then they become loose after a few minutes. The dont fall off until you wat them to compared to double side tape and you get to colour them up how you want.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Makeup Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?