• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Good evening ladies.

I think nothing looks nicer and really finishes off your outfit than nice manicured finger nails.   I bought a false set, spent a long time filing and shaping them so they fitted lovely on my own nails, however using the stick on pads I found they never stayed on for the entire evening. I always cleaned my nails to make sure that there was no oil on them before fitting my false ones. I know I could always paint my own nails but at the moment false ones are the best options. my question is has anyone got any tips to make my nails stay on all night.

Many thanks

Samantha x

Hi Samantha. I clean my nails with alcohol. Then. And I don’t know why but the glue from L A  colors works much better for me. I have tried quite a few and they all are about the same for me. But the L A Colors stuff is actually hard for me to get off. Just my two cents.

Glory
      Lady

Use poly gel nails and forms and do them yourself. They are fantastic and then just soak them off when your done ….. or cut them back to a discreet length. I love gel polish and nails I do myself it’s very satisfying and sexy.

Samantha,

Like Michelle mentioned, you some type of cleaner prep, like alcohol. Something to get oils and residues off that you can’t see.

I’ve tried many brands of nails, but really like the pre-glued ones. Their are several brands, but I feel imPRESS is the best brand. They have a good size selection in each kit, and have a prep pad in each kit as well. Normally I can keep these on 3-4 days without an issue. I would recommend trying these. They are easy to put on, and more importantly, easy to remove.

Occasionally I’ll have one nail I struggle with. I will usually through the box with the extras in my purse in case I loose one while I’m out. One time I lost a nail at a club, only to find it stuck in my wig at the end of the night when I got home. I wondered how many people saw it, and didn’t say anything. It’s funny now, but I was horrified when I first found it.

I, too, am a big fan of the imPRESS brand of “press-on” nails. They’re about six bucks for 30 pcs on Amazon. Being closeted, I seldom have the opportunity to stay en femme for a full day, but one time, over a Holiday weekend, I wore them over 48 hours, and they stayed on thru multiple handwashings, washing dishes, cooking, etc.

The only drawback I see is that there are only two nails per pack that fit my thumbnails, so to make the most of every pack, I’ve tried re-using the thumbnails. They don’t stick well after the first use. For my other fingers there are at least two or three choices per pack that will fit.

I had to LOL when I read about your losing a nail in your wig! I bet it stuck there pretty good, didn’t it?

Camryn,

Yes it it was stuck pretty good to the back of my wig, so I had no idea what happened to it.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I only use false nails when I have taken the time and trouble to have a professional makeover. I too used to have trouble with the “sticky pads” ones, but a make up artist friend of mine gave me this “tip”… (Bad pun!!)

Purchase the separate little double sided pads and stick them on your nails. Then using normal nail glue, glue your nails to the pads. When the time comes to take the nails off, just slide off the pads.

Hope this helps.

Caty.

I put on clear polish then glue the nails on only using half the recommended glue.

When it is time for the nails to come off, I use acetone. This makes false nails a one time use. But they stay put all weekend.

Paula

Amy Myers
      Baroness

My experience has been mixed with stick on ones. I got a set of glue pads with a set of stick on nails and they worked  fairly well over the course of a long afternoon, one popped off, but I was able to get it back on and it stayed on.

Then I ordered some more gel pads from Amazon but they weren’t as good. I’ve also used nail glue and sometimes they are too difficult to get off, at least for the short term use I want.

Amy

As others have said, glue is the way to go for an evening out. For around the house, stickies are better for me, because they are easy to get off.

Pumped
      Lady

I love fake nails! I have the sticky pads, but they do not stick well. When I decide to wear fake nails I think about what I have panned the next day and glue them on. I might wear them all the next day and take them off after a couple nights.
      Sometimes I have glued them on and first thing in the morning they come off again.

One winter day I went all out and glued on a set of ridiculously long extensions and filled the nails to blend the extensions in. The extensions were abut an inch long. They were awesome, but a lot of work!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Pumped.
      Anonymous

Hi Samantha

I do the same as Paula Here….

I used to have real problems getting the nails off, and I’m not a fan of sticky pads

Thanks to a little angel on cdh called Genevieve….her tip was to put a clear base on first then stick the nails….they stay on all weekend for me, and when it comes to removal….I gently prise off a thumbnail, then use that to prise off the rest….they come off quite easily….with experience, you get to know just how much glue is just right….

Huggs, grace xx

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?