Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi everyone, this is a general question. A dear friend (kate) and I are planning to attend the above event in October. Kate is doing all the hard work in terms of making the arrangements as I type this. As we are travelling hopefully from the UK, I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has attended the event. Kindly ask for impressions and any particular places to go in the area as cape cod looks a little isolated; no offence intended. We are both really looking forward to it COVID allowing.

Hi Sophia I Have gone many times You will not be disappointed. You are right by planning trip early and going with a friend. Juts spent last weekend in Wellfleet with grandchildren, my wife and I. We had a lovely time. It is a bit isolated during winter months. Like any tourist town it can get very crowded. Plan on bringing your cutest comfy sneakers. Plenty of small shops to spend your money. Very LGBTQ friendly. You will find most of the Motels, hotels and BB’s flying LGBTQ Flag they rely on our community for a large portion of their income. Any more questions I am more than happy to help. Stephanie

Stephanie

Thanks for the info currently Kate has booked us into a hotel and I have made my via application this morning so all looks good. I think we will hire a car for the week just so we can get out and about if the need arises. I hope to see quite a few people from this site attending, I will certainly be documenting the whole experience. I’m interested to see how it compares with our Sparkle event which I believe is the worlds largest single attended crossdressing event but not quite sure as it lasts a long weekend rather than a week!

Hi Sophie I am sure you will have a great time. Be sure to bring some thing that is warm. It can get chilly that time of year.

Stephanie is right.  The ocean can be quite chilly so the wind off the cool water can be cold and blustery.  Don’t forget a warm wrap.

Alice

Nancy
      Lady

I’ve never heard of Fantasia Fair, I may have to add this to my bucket list. If only it were closer to the midwest…

Birel

Hi Birel It is certainly closer than the UK The Fantasia Fair takes place in October of every year and  has been there for the past 50 Years. I believe it is the oldest trans. fair in the US  It about a 2 hour ride south from Boston’s Logan Airport . I have driven there in drab and dressed when i got there You can stay dressed for a whole week without any problem. Breakfast,. Lunch and dinner in other words you be a that woman in your head 24/7 no one will question you or even bat a eye lash. I have not gone in a while but be prepared for the admirers they are out trying to have fun also.

Stephanie

The cape is tiny and not a great deal of places to stay but it is off season. As I lived there a lot of my life you can travel the length of the state of mass in 2 hours. The cape has one road in and out so can be a night mare in season but Fantasia is in oct hotels shound have openings but get your soon because it is a big event in resent years. With covid hopefully Mass will be wide open. My sister still lives in mass and she says they are still locked down.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Ah memories.. sadly not good ones… I was able to get to FF back in the early 90’s. Not a bad effort all the way from Oz… A happily coincidence of a business trip to Boston got me there.

But due to what I thought at the time was a serious health issue, after being made up by the then “guru” Jim Bridges and looking and feeling wonderful in black pant suit and heels, I barely lasted the first night. (There’s a photo in my CDH profile…. Such a “sweet young thing”…..)

Got “outa there” like a scalded cat and fled back to my hotel in Boston. Great that the health issue was not what I thought it was (the big C!!), but sad cos I ran out of “excuses” to get back anywhere near Boston from that day onwards.

Caty

Hi Sophie,

FF has been running since 1975.  If you have a rental car you can drive to Boston in about 2 1/2 hours depending on traffic.  Boston is a great historical city.  There is the Freedom trail, the USS Constitution in Charlestown, the North end of Boston for an Italian dinner.  Depending on traffic you can drive to Newport Rhode Island in about the same time.  Pending Covid you can catch a tour of the mansions in Newport.  The Cape has many beaches.

As events are added You could check for theater performances in Boston.  On the cape is the mall in Hyannis for shopping.

Alice

Boston was already on my history category of bucket, maybe I need to coordinate with FF! Sounds like a thrill, and October isn’t so bad most years.

Bridgette

Hi Bridgett,

You’ll love the whale watching tour that is available during FF.

Alice

We did one of those here a couple years ago, it was magical seeing them so close to the boat. I’ll never forget that.

Bridgette

It would be nice to meet up if your going.

I seriously doubt I’d be able to go this year, but I’m going to put it on my list for the future. This October is shaping up to be very busy at work with no room for time off. I’d love to meet up if I can go though.

Bridgette

Have been there twice and never disappointed. If you havent been out a lot you will find it a place where you can really fit in and not be nervous. Ptown is such a great venue with cds from all over the east coast meet up and new comers are welcome everywhere. No fear in any bar or resturant and no one glaring or making judgements. You will immediately feel normal and liberated. You will remember it always with great delight

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?