• This topic has 40 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Bobbi.
Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Bobbi
      Lady
      Registered On: September 13, 2018
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 1525

Size 12 puts you smack in the middle of average!

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Sarah Du Hessisse
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2020
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 497

Good god Holly no definitely not I am a size 16 and I am not, Size 12 is a nice size not skinny or fat.

Love Sarah xx

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Paula F
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 1075

I wish I could be a size 12 again.   Not since my early 20’s though.

I’ve watched my sizes change slowly over the years, and I am pretty well okay where I am now.   14-16 in ladies jeans, 2x in pull over tops, 3x in button down blouses (because of my shoulder width), so I am kind of average for my frame and quite a bit smaller in the middle than I was 10 years ago.

PaulaF

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Bettylou Cox
        Duchess
        Registered On: May 26, 2019
        Topics: 20
        Replies: 2094

After reading all the ladies’ comments, I’m reminded of something my wife said a few years ago, before her illness brought her down to my size: “I’m not fat, I’m just fluffy”.

Bettylou

DeeAnn Hopings
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 779

I believe Plus Size starts at Size 16. However, the sizing really doesn’t have anything to do with height. Going from memory which is always risky, regular sizes are intended for 5’-5” to 5’-8”, tall would be above that and petit would be below that. The difference would be in shoulder to waist length and inseam or skirt/dress length. However, the bust, waist and hip measurements are basically the same. It’s the women’s sizes that have different measurements, like 16W.

Anyway, I think it is all about proportions and having a definable bust, waist and hips…

Requal Joanne
      Lady
      Registered On: December 15, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 78

Hi Holly.  It does not matter what size you wear as long as you are enjoying the time.

I am a size 12 in a skirt because I have narrow waist.  I am size 16 in all other female apparel.

Holly Goodrich
      Lady
      Registered On: April 19, 2021
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 38

Weeeelll,  we are encouraged to ask if we have any questions.    I had no clue that my question would ignite such a reaction!

Very sorry if I offended anyone.  It was NOT my intent.

Apologetically,  Holly

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Paula1
      Lady
      Registered On: October 22, 2015
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 571

Just remember that Marilyn Monroe was a size 14, do you think she was Fat, definitely not

Inga Krasivaya
      Lady
      Registered On: January 18, 2021
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 408

Hi there:  got to start out by mentioning that it looks like you are from the wrong side of he Atlantic and (if I’ve got it right) your size 12 is size 16 to us Britons.  And the answer is – it doesn’t matter either way round!  I’m a (proper) size 16 at the moment (I’m 6′ 4″ by the way) and am hoping to reach size 12 before long – but there is nothing wrong with being curvier!  It’s all a matter of self esteem!  I’ve seen plenty of ladies who were much larger than that who I thought were gorgeous – and just as many who were much smaller but really, really didn’t look right!  If you want to lose some weight, then fine – put your mind to it and go for it; for most of us, it’s going to be better for our health.  If you feel fit and healthy in the beginning – then surely you feel you look fantastic anyway!  Don’t put yourself down – we ladies need to have confidence in ourselves!  Hugs:  Inga.

Polly Stewart
        Lady
        Registered On: January 2, 2021
        Topics: 12
        Replies: 933

Beatcha!

I’m a size 18 for pants and skirts but a 20 for most dresses and tops! UK sizing of course!
        Let me tell you that designers normally give up after size 12! Except for some few, responsible, compassionate designers… you can very well bend over a kiss your backside! Ugh…

I’m embarrassed for womenfolk that are bigger than a 12… nothing except wildly coloured and wildly cut rubbish!

Rant over… love Polly

Inga Krasivaya
          Lady

Hiya, Polly:  just need to check… You’re from beautiful Aotearoa… are your sizes the same as the UK, or the same as over the Atlantic, or something entirely different?  Don’t suppose it really matters – but just asking for clarification…  And I’m still not a (UK) size 14……  Kisses:  Inga.

3 users thanked author for this post.
            Polly Stewart
            Lady

Hi Inga…

Yep… we use the same sizing measurements… same with shoes as well. That’s why I rail so much against lazy designers. Though there is one designer in New Zealand you should check out Trelise Cooper. She is an icon amongst women here… check out her website. She has a range of beautiful clothes in larger sizes called ‘Curate’ as well as heaps of other lines. Her designs are world class and the fabrics are to die for. Every bit as good as the top fashion houses of the UK and Europe.

Polly 💋💋💋💕🎀⚽️

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Inga Krasivaya
            Lady

Trelise Cooper?  I’ll check her out… but you’re saying I need “larger sizes”?… Well… you’re right!  Mind – even if I got down to my optimum weight I still probably would;  Holly really shouldn’t worry about being a size 12 (in whatever scale) seeing as that really could be overweight, spot on, underweight or really, really skinny!  Plus – beauty really is in the eye of the beholder – 400 years ago, what is now said to be “overweight” was considered to be the very epitome of beauty!  And on that subject – South Island is probably the first or second most beautiful place in the world I’ve ever been (Siberia really does take some beating, hence the probability of second place…)  You really are lucky getting to live there…  Envious Inga.

Stevie Steiner
      Ambassador
      Registered On: June 11, 2020
      Topics: 49
      Replies: 1158

My goodness Holly, whaaaa?  I know, I know, whats a bone rack like me commenting on this for?  Sure I’m a 10, or an 8 if I exhale all the way, and I am bone thin.  At 6’4″ and 170 lb. I am unappealingly boney, especially my legs 😢;  Icky skinny.   Yes, I think I look cute in a dress, but take that dress off and you have one tall, boney, not as cute, girl.  One or two sizes up from that is certainly not even close to  heavy ( I hate the word fat same as I do the word skinny ).   For what it’s worth I’d love to go up to a 12.   I don’t mean to get hated on or anything, but just wanted to say that being underweight isn’t great, and its unhealthy.

And, as CD’s and TG’s don’t we already have enough things we needlessly beat ourselves up over?

Inga Krasivaya
        Lady

Stevie!!!  I’m the same height… just about 55lb to the north…  I must admit that 12 stone 2lb does indeed sound a little on the slender side, hence I think you have the right idea in general; there’s nothing wrong with being a little curvier in general, just as long as that doesn’t mean you end up harming your health.  Put a few pounds on and get up to size 12 – I wish I could get down to the same level!  I would suggest a small bet to see who could get there first – but I’m positive I’d end up having to pay out……  Still Not Slender Inga……

Stevie Steiner
          Ambassador
          Registered On: June 11, 2020
          Topics: 49
          Replies: 1158

Inga, I should update that.  I weighed myself yesterday – 174.  So I’m a teeny bit chunkier than I thought! Lol

Been skinny since I was a kid, and I grew up in a German household.  That kinda food isn’t exactly easy on the waste if my 2 brothers are any example ( both heavy).  Not the runt, but the beanpole of the family, lol.  See, I had that thin girly physique, they just dang well screwed up the gender! 😁

Polly Stewart
        Lady

Longing for HRT Stevie… at least I hope to be able to redistribute my bulk to hips and bum (I have a good tusche!).
        Remember Stevie… one can’t be too thin or too rich!

🧍🏼‍♀️Polly 💋💋💋

Kristen Smithly
      Lady
      Registered On: September 25, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 35

Me (to wife): “Dear, do these jeans make my butt look fat?”
      Wife: “No honey, your butt still looks flat, your butt looks too masculine. Put on some pads.”
      Me: :-)!

Bridgette VonSmirff
        Lady
        Registered On: October 18, 2020
        Topics: 29
        Replies: 902

Wife to husband “Do these jeans make my butt look big?” Husband, while running for cover “No dear, McDonald’s did that” and drives into a fox hole…

Bridgette, ducking for cover!

Holly Goodrich
      Lady

Thanks for all the input girls.🙂   I  guess all this is pretty new to me.

The first time I “outed” I wore nylons, panties, bra with silicone help and a strawberry blonde wig and fake nails.  Also wore a spaghetti strap top with long sleeve to cover my shoulders.  Yes, I  was more nervous than a whore in church. But I told myself to get over it or go home!  Now to work on adding a skirt to everything and I’ll be well on my way.   Hugs to all, Holly.

JillianW
      Lady
      Registered On: October 13, 2019
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 140

Hi Holly,
      No size 12 is not fat. Size 14 is not fat, size 16 is not fat. No size is fat unless YOU consider it so. I was a size 22 just a few months ago. I’m down to an 18 (shameless self promotion here. LOL) and would love to find myself in a 16 in the not too distant future. If you’re happy with your body, who cares!

Hugs
      Jillian

Genevïéve
      Lady
      Registered On: July 28, 2020
      Topics: 30
      Replies: 1197

I’m size 22…. Whaaaaa… Immmmmm faaaatttt… 😭😭😭

Gen ❤

Sarah Du Hessisse
        Lady
        Registered On: September 16, 2020
        Topics: 21
        Replies: 497

Genevieve your a lovely curvy girl.

Love Sarah xx

Genevïéve
          Lady

Ty Sarah for the Kind words… 🥰

Gen ❤

Grace Scarlett
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: February 16, 2021
        Topics: 65
        Replies: 1350

Nooooooo….cuddly x

Genevïéve
          Lady

I is Miss Grace… I is.  😊

I’m a big girl… I love and accept who I am… that’s all that matters.

Love,

Gen ❤

Jin Crocker
      Lady
      Registered On: November 15, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 337

I would think not. With your height it should be fine. do you consider yourself “curvy?”

I wear a 14 and am a half-foot shorter, curvy, with some tummy bulge. I suppose that I look fat, but I do not think fat.

Holly Goodrich
        Lady

Tell ya the truth Jin,  as a male my weight is close to normal.  But my feminine (dominant) side says lose 20 pounds.  (In my belly).   Sooooo, I guess rabbit food here I come😄

MacKenzie Alexandra
      Ambassador
      Registered On: May 20, 2016
      Topics: 45
      Replies: 570

Holly,

Would you consider a GG wearing a size 12 skirt to be fat? I most certainly would not. I know many beautiful women who wear a size 12 or larger.

Why would you consider that you wear a size 12 to mean you are fat? I wear a size 22 skirt, and a size 26 dress. I’m over 6 feet tall, and only just recently got my weight under 300.  I still have some weight to lose, and when I achieve my goal weight, I will still be wearing sizes much larger than  a 12.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 16, 2021
      Topics: 65
      Replies: 1350

Holly…

I think this size thing is a real problem for GG’s…. beautiful girls starving themselves and making themselves ill through worry. Trying to get that “perfect stick insect body”…..

I don’t think anyone is fat whatever the size…some are just more cuddly than others…..and size 12 is definitely fine….

Curvy is cute !!!!!

Grace xx

Michelle Brown
      Registered On: August 23, 2015
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 73

Hi Holly,I am a size 14 in a dress and my jeans go from size10 to size 14.,and Holly,size 14 is not fat.Here is a bit of history for you,Marilyn Monroe was a size 14 to size 16 and I believe nobody ever called her fat.Holly ,ladies sizes are all over the map,if the garment looks good on you and you feel good while wearing it,it just became yours ,no matter what the size tag says. Sincerely, Michelle.

Teralynn Loving
      Lady
      Registered On: October 17, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 1155

Depending upon the clothing manufacturer, I can fit in anything between a 12 and a 16 and don’t consider myself fat! No matter what size dress or skirt you wear, if you look good in it and are happy with yourself as you are that is all that really matters! – Blessings from Teralynn

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 2094

Well, the “Big” girls’ store Woman Within does go down to size 12W, but that’s not considered “fat”. I’m a 10 in skirts & jeans, and a 12 or 14 in dresses (to allow for wider shoulders), and it’s a very common size.

Bettylou

Bridgette VonSmirff
      Lady
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Topics: 29
      Replies: 902

No honey, it’s a plus size, but if hardly consider a size 14 girl to be fat. Of course I’d also love to fit in a size 14 dress! More like 20 or 22 for this little chunky chick! You may find that shoulders are more of a problem than anything, as guys tend to have a lot more shoulder on average than a girl of an otherwise given size, which complicates getting a good fit with a garment originally designed with the female shape in mind. I could probably wear a 16 were it not for my shoulders. I’m 5’7″, and 235, a 42 short suit jacket size as a frame of reference. I can wear 14 to 16 women’s jeans, or 38 men’s. But shoulders put my dress size and blouse size up a bit more, and it then audio depends on manufacturer and differences in cut and style. Mens sizes are easy, ladies sizes are voodoo. But fat? Let’s say we don’t like to talk about that…

Bridgette

Kathleen 60454
      Lady
      Registered On: January 8, 2020
      Topics: 50
      Replies: 474

I certainly hope  not.  I wish I was a 12 or even a 14.

Kathleen xxxxx 💋♥

Charlotte Walker
      Duchess
      Registered On: April 18, 2021
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 101

I hope not my skirt is 14 makes me v fat. x

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account