Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

With the holidays right around the corner im just curious what is your fav holiday! Is it halloween because we get to dress up and not be judged? is it christmas for the presents you get related to crossdrssing? getting dolled up and celebrating New years ? just curious what you ladies will say 🙂

K Swim
      Lady

My favorites are coming and going right now. None in particular, but I like Labor Day, Independence Day, and Memorial Day. Why, because those holidays happen during the summer time and putting on a one piece swimsuit and swimming during any other season is not very fun.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

For me it is close between thanksgiving and Christmas, with thanksgiving coming out ahead by just a little.  It is time spent with family and thanksgiving does not have the pressure of gift giving with the possibility that someone is hurt because they didn’t get what they want.

I only wish that I and all of us the opportunity to show our true selves to our families, friends and all and not be judged in a negative light.

Thanks again to everyone here for sharing and encouraging every one.  keep it up every one!!!

xoxox   Sandy  xoxox

This year I would have to say it was Flag Day and July 4, because both days I got to wear a red top, blue (homemade) skirt, white belt, and full red, white and blue petticoats.

Now there are those techies who will tell you they don’t know the difference between Halloween and Christmas, because Oct 31 = Dec 25

(Oct can be read as octal, or base 8; 8*3+1 = 25 in Decimal)

That’s an oldie but a goodie Alison. Thanks. Unfortunately there will still be those who have no idea why that’s funny.

Diana W
      Lady

For me it’s Christmas all the way.  I enjoy Thanksgiving and Halloween.  But I LOVE Christmas.  I love everything about it.  Family.  Decorations.  Christmas trees.  Displays and lights.  All the goodies.  Everything, really!  I’m looking forward to Diana’s first Christmas.

Anonymous

[postquote quote=371561]

omg yes that is the dream! I wish I could show up to my family thanksgiving as Vanessa I get goosebumps just thinking about it

My fave holiday has nothing to do with dressing at all.  I picked christmas, as work shuts down for the week so everyone gets a week off.  Work doesn’t open again until Jan 2 (if it is a weekday).

I usually take a few days off before christmas, so that extends my christmas break even longer.

For the past several years, we’ve flown down to Seattle for a christmas holiday, usually staying close to a week.  This is the only chance I get to hit up stores like JC Penney, US Walmart, Target, … and really load up on clothing for Wendy.  It is a shame that I only went to JC Penney of late, as I heard it is closing down (someone confirm ?).

This year maybe different though, with covid and flying restrictions, the annual Seattle trip may not happen.

Easter!!

My favorite holiday is Christmas. Starting in August or Spetember I start searching Amazon for exactly the right gift for everyone on my list. The thing they either didn’t expect or know even existed but is exactly what they wanted. One year I gave my sister and her family a National Geographic book that has pictures of just about every animal known. They didn’t know it even existed but it was one of their favorite gifts.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I have to lean towards Christmas.  Not so much a CD thing as it is a family thing, and whether you ever fight or not, family is family.

And a special mention to Remembrance Day.  Because I do not forget

Stevie

Anonymous

Hi Vanessa , for me , in Australia anytime outside of school holidays & usually between may & Oct – fits in best with my work 💅👠👛

Christmas because for the last few year there’s been a new nightie under the tree for me!

Christmas for sure…..  love the family aspect, the giving,  the air of love that permeates everything and (almost) everyone…. the colors,  sounds and music of Christmas in the stores and malls (great time to shop for girlie things)…the lights ( I am the neighborhood Griswold) ….. a white Christmas every so often…..I love Hallmark’s Christmas in July series….. A Charlie Brown Christmas…..A Christmas Story  (the 1983 Peter Billingsley movie… I still laugh out loud after watching it dozens of times. There were many memorable characters in the movie, but I always admired Melinda Dillon who played Peter’s mom… I thought she was pretty)…. other,  more heartwarming Christmas movies which always make me cry…….. doesn’t get any better for me…..

I always get  melancholy when  the Christmas lights come down.

Anonymous

My favorite holiday would be the days leading up to Christmas. I can easily shop anywhere in the women’s department without any strange looks. Other shoppers or sales people just think I’m shopping for Christmas presents. At the checkout counter they always give a gift receipt.

Anonymous

Halloween is most crossdressers favourite because you can go out in public and no one cares. You are just in a costume like everyone else. Otherwise it is Christmas. Lots of great outfits for that holiday as well.

Holly😘

Hi Vanessa

I chose other as the rest don’t apply to us ‘downunder’.

Back in the eighties my first european ski class in Switzerland was a group of Englishmen/women who told me they came on a ski holiday to change what had become a charged atmosphere at home during the xmas holidays. They said they always argued to the point where they wouln’t speak to one another for months.
      They said what a wonderful idea to change the environment! OK, fine, I thought…
      The next day’s skiing was cool with the entire family group having a blast! The next was the 24th December which is celebrated as Christmas day in Europe… nobody turned up… too happy and worse for food and drink. So, around comes the 25th…
      Only two of the original 15 showed up for a day’s lessons and skiing. What happened I asked? Oh, well, nothing so much as a complete breakdown in family relationships! Another argument… as always!

Take nothing for granted was what I took from that experience. Though, one of the family was a representative for Guiness Breweries and becane a private client for a while!

Win for me! xx Polly

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?