Tagged: 

Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Ladies,
      I have recently become obsessed with my nails, thanks to Michayla Rockwell. My personal favorite color is v.i.please gel couture by Essie. It’s a bold and beautiful color that is a perfect fit between pink and red. My favorite color is magenta and this color brings that magenta feeling with a touch of elegance.

What is your favorite brand and shade?

Hugs,
      Betty

I like Revlon. I love the bold colors, like purple, green, blue, even Barbie Pink. Revlon is not too expensive for my budget, flows evenly, dries shiny, doesn’t chip easily. I usually change color every week, just for fun.

My favourite colour of polish has to be red.  I have others but I seem to be drawn to the red polish more often.

I don’t have a fave brand, I usually pick up the cheaper brands like sally hansen.  I am still working on a NYC nail polish red and it is by far the best red I’ve used.  Even though it is not fast drying, it does dry really quickly.

I also find that using red, I can get away with one coat.  Any other colour requires at least 2.

I have gel overlays on top of my own nails. My nails are now the longest that I’ve ever had them grow, the longest are almost half an inch past the fingertip. I get them redone every 4 weeks and my favorite color is called Stiletto Red, which is a shade like crimson or blood red. It isn’t a nail polish but the actual color of the gel. They have become “my ambassadors” as I’m always getting compliments that start conversations. I really can’t see me changing to another shade as I really like them in red. I have an accent color on the ring finger called 14 karat gold. Next time I may have her do some nice nail art in gold over the red on those two nails.

cheers ladies,
      Love,

Lauren M

Anonymous

I wear all different colors, greens to purples, faves.

CND Starry Sapphire, Blue with rainbow sparkles.

Cre8tion Mermaid 31, Intense Blue.

Gelivia G844 Glittering Tears, Copper with rainbow sparkles.

Favorite brand I have found it Nina Ultra pro from Sally Beauty.  Lots of colors, good coverage and best of all it has a super wide brush that makes larger nails easier to paint.

Right now I am wearing French Roast on my toes.

Revlon Orchid #555 just sends me with their Posh Pink #912 a close second. ❤️

*** Kayla ***

OPI is definitely my favorite brand.  I usually prefer darker colors.  Current favorites are Bogata Blackberry and I’m Not Really a Waitress.

K

Anonymous

I’m not really a waitress? That is hilarious! I wish it was my job to name colors!
        Thanks,
        Betty

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’m partial to CND and OPI.

CND: Dark Dahlia, Dark Lava, and Fedora

OPI: Black Onyx, Cliffside Karaoke, I’m Not Really a Waitress

Anonymous

I don’t think you could possibly go wrong with a color called “fedora.” How cool is that?
        Thanks,
        Betty

Anonymous

I have used a lot of them over the years. For home use, I used to favor OPI or Essie, mostly the latter.  Lately, I’ve been really happy with Static Nails.  They have a lot of really nice sheers as well as colors.  I’ve never had a polish that goes on so completely with perfect even coverage in just two coats for every color.  They’re a bit pricey, but I am totally sold on them now.  If I’m headed to the salon, it’s hard to beat a really good dip powder nail for durability and appearance.  I recommend buying your own powders though, it’s not great to put your nails in the same powder as everyone else.

I change colors a lot throughout the seasons, but often gravitate to french and ombre finishes at the salon.

At home, depends on the season, and my skin tone.  I tend to do yellows and butters a lot, beige, and occasionally some  pastels. Reds are the one color I won’t get anywhere near myself, unless it’s like a deep burgundy in winter.   Truer reds are just hideous on my skin, either nails or lips.

I like OPI.

I get pedicures at Elegant Nails in Oro Valley, Arizona. I get treated with  love and courtesy by Vivian(mom) and Lynn(daughter).

I bring my own polish. Let’s see I have Unrepentantly Red, Unequivocally Crimson, We The Female, and Bogota Blackberry, which I haven’t worn yet.

I love seeing my toes in color. It gives a wonderful rush of femininity.

Diane

Anonymous
      Lady

Not really partial to any certain brand but always seem to gravitate to some shade of pink. I keep my toes polished a pale baby pink and love looking down and seeing them like that. Some say pink is slutty, too girly, and overdone, but it makes me feel so feminine.

Anonymous

Well if pink is slutty, I am quite the whore lol!

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Betty!  I’m pretty much the same as Michelle and  must say I do not have any brand loyalty – if a colour catches my eye I’ll  buy it without even looking at the brand.  A nice ruby red will always have a place on the shelf, who doesn’t love seeing a deep red on their nails?  Very feminine, very dressy and goes well with gold jewelry in my eyes.  On a more regular basis I will wear a coral or peach colour – not as bold a shade, but I find it suits me.

Lately I find myself in a sky blue/dusty blue kick,  like a lot of the youngin’s seem to wear.  Blue isn’t just for boys anymore, lol!  🙂

Stevie

Summer colors like peach and plum but mostly pink and all various shades of red. Nothing catches my eye like beautiful nails. I feel so feminine in long red nails

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I love pink nails, but sometimes I want red.

Hugs, Liara

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I’m a nail color newbie, and it’s a rare chance that I get to wear it, so I just have one so far. I love red so I grabbed a bottle off the shelf at Walmart. It’s Salon Perfect “He’s with me”. It has some glitter in it to add a little bling, but not so much to be gaudy.

If I had the chance to wear nail polish more often I’m sure I would have more of a selection, but I just love darker reds, and they would surely dominate!

💕Lara

I use Sally Hansen fast dry and I prefer reds, pinks and fuchsias.

Teri Ray
      Lady

OPI is my favorite in “Rasin the bar” and “I’m not really a waitress” for my toes.  Daily I wear a light pink LA Colors called “American Manicure” with OPI Matt top coat. on my hands.

Revlon

570 Vixen which is a dark red.

I haven’t fallen so far down the rabbit hole that I have specific favorite brands and shades, other than a general feeling that the “big” ones are overrated, at least for my particular MO.

However, I’ve really fallen in love with holographic polishes in general for the lighter shades, they really catch the light in a way that says “I’m wearing nail polish” even if the actual hue is close to the natural shade of my nails.  Two big added bonuses: they’re long-lasting and very forgiving if you’re not an expert mani/pedi gal.  And somewhat paradoxically easy to remove, which is important for us closet gals.

Shadewise, I lean heavily in the red-to-purple spectrum, anywhere from powder pink to magenta to almost brown, though lately I’ve started experimenting with other hues.  Not what I’d wear every day but good for a change of pace.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I can’t quote the brands, I tend to get my nails done in a salon…so, I just point at the color I like.

My favorite color is a pearlescent that changes from metallic green to metallic purple depending on how the light hits it. I LOVE that look….

xoxo

Rayna

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?