- July 26, 2021 at 10:02 am #523224Jessica CharmsParticipantRegistered On: May 6, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 106Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 476 times
Ok ladies and sisters, so this was something that popped into my head the other day. I was window shopping on eBay, and I was looking at different outfits. My fingers did some dancing on my screen, and I was looking at a few outfits cosplayers had made that they were selling my guess due to space, or budget. Anyway, it got me thinking, what is one of my favorite fictional outfits? And since I like reading the different responses on here, I figured I would ask.
For me, well for sure the Jessica Rabbit dress. I fell in love with it when I was a kid, I even tried acting like Jessica a few times with a red nightgown I pulled from the wash. Granted it was the dress, that was amazing.
Another would be mostly cause of the color Belle’s dress from beauty and the beast. Being color blind, yellow is one of my favorite colors, so yeah her dress is cool mostly for that reason.
So, what’s one of your favorite outfit(s)?
Total of 21 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- July 29, 2021 at 8:24 am #524577Danielle MacGuffinLadyRegistered On: May 21, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 134Has thanked: 309 timesBeen thanked: 513 times
Xena, Warrior Princess. Sadly, I don’t have the body or the confidence to do that outfit. Someone else already mentioned Kate Beckinsale in Underworld, maybe with a body shaper I could do that. (Hmm, Halloween idea?)
Also, Lara Croft and Wonder Woman. And I have to mention the sorceress from Diablo 2.
- July 29, 2021 at 8:18 am #524574Jessica CharmsLadyRegistered On: May 6, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 106Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 476 times
So I thought of another outfit, it’s the third outfit Android 18 wore in the anime series Dragon Ball Z. I liked that one with the black vest jacket, denim jeans, etc. It just looked really cool and beautiful at the same time.
- July 29, 2021 at 8:02 am #524572Tasha MondeuLadyRegistered On: December 3, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 2Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
Two come immediately to mind, both from the same show – Agent Carter. First, the blue skirt suit with red fedora from the first episode; WOW! The second is her military uniform. I have been drawn to 1940’s style since watching “Casablanca” as a child. I remember wishing I could be Ilsa; now it would be Peggy Carter. Of course a 64-year old overweight Peggy Carter would not look near as fantastic as Hayley Atwell does.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Tasha Mondeu. Reason: Silly spell check; Ilsa was Casablanca and Elsa wants to let it go
- July 28, 2021 at 10:19 am #524270DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 127Replies: 2449Has thanked: 15477 timesBeen thanked: 8466 times
- July 28, 2021 at 11:12 am #524283AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Agreed, although the outfit is a bit demeaning at the same time.
- July 28, 2021 at 9:33 am #524254Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 307Has thanked: 554 timesBeen thanked: 1374 times
I am not even a fan of hers but Angellina Jolie in The Wanted is so frickin hot and she gets to kill people too. I know. That’s not very feminine is it.
- July 28, 2021 at 9:07 am #524243Aurora EdenLadyRegistered On: June 29, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 157Has thanked: 738 timesBeen thanked: 688 times
- July 28, 2021 at 8:52 am #524236
- July 28, 2021 at 12:01 am #524081SandraLadyRegistered On: August 8, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 32Has thanked: 341 timesBeen thanked: 177 times
- July 27, 2021 at 5:03 pm #523961Aurora EdenLadyRegistered On: June 29, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 157Has thanked: 738 timesBeen thanked: 688 times
My favourite fictional character outfit is the one that Natalya Simonova wears in ‘Goldeneye’.
Ideally, of course, I would like to look like her. 🙂
Here ia a link showing her outfit if anyone would like to look:_
- July 27, 2021 at 1:44 pm #523906
- July 27, 2021 at 12:57 pm #523885
- July 27, 2021 at 12:07 pm #523854
- July 27, 2021 at 10:22 am #523813LaylajLadyRegistered On: June 7, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 55Has thanked: 426 timesBeen thanked: 194 times
- July 27, 2021 at 10:14 am #523804Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 698Has thanked: 1430 timesBeen thanked: 2638 times
- July 27, 2021 at 11:46 am #523846
- July 27, 2021 at 10:12 am #523802Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 1311Has thanked: 17374 timesBeen thanked: 4965 times
- July 27, 2021 at 9:36 am #523776WilmaLadyRegistered On: July 24, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 142Has thanked: 761 timesBeen thanked: 545 times
For myself I would love to wear a Satin version of the Morticia Addams dress from the original “Addams Family” TV show. You could bury me in that outfit.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Wilma.
- July 28, 2021 at 10:05 am #524261
- July 27, 2021 at 8:20 am #523741Jen ScarletLadyRegistered On: May 2, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 105Has thanked: 832 timesBeen thanked: 571 times
- July 27, 2021 at 9:33 am #523772Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 57Replies: 1566Has thanked: 6622 timesBeen thanked: 7898 times
Jen, I’ve loved that movie and character since it first appeared. Taarla was death, but she was righteous death of evil in the name of good. All that classic stuff.
But that does sound a bit like a zealot doesn’t it? Lol
- July 27, 2021 at 8:19 am #523739Jen ScarletLadyRegistered On: May 2, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 105Has thanked: 832 timesBeen thanked: 571 times
favorite fictional outfits?
Jacqueline Pearce played the character Servalan in the cheap but not cheerful UK Sci-Fi series “Blakes 7.” Her outfits were something to behold…and have left a lasting impression.
- July 27, 2021 at 7:48 am #523724AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 57Replies: 1566Has thanked: 6622 timesBeen thanked: 7898 times
My favorite fictional character outfit has to be hands down, the outfit worn by Taarla in the animated adult movie Heavy Metal. One look at that and nothing more needs to be said. Wish I could have that look, lol! If you have never watched that movie Do So! Some great talent in that film.
- July 27, 2021 at 3:59 am #523668
- July 26, 2021 at 7:46 pm #523547Araminta PurdyDuchessRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 377Has thanked: 671 timesBeen thanked: 1353 times
- July 26, 2021 at 5:19 pm #523511DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 127Replies: 2449Has thanked: 15477 timesBeen thanked: 8466 times
- July 27, 2021 at 4:55 pm #523954Kerry CarradaleLadyRegistered On: July 18, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 8Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 116 times
I do like a bit of cosplay, I’ll need to try and get one of my RL or 501st friends to dare me to do a crossplay…
It’ll be such a struggle but I’d somehow manage to do it 😀
- July 27, 2021 at 10:09 am #523799AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- July 27, 2021 at 10:17 am #523809DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 127Replies: 2449Has thanked: 15477 timesBeen thanked: 8466 times
Know everyone love a cosplay event and could be the first event for CD and rest of community Heck just open it up for everyone everyone welcome to come join in or be watchers.
- July 27, 2021 at 10:25 am #523814AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Why not a couple of them? One for Crossdressers (and I’ll go ahead and include transgenders) only and one for everyone? For the CD/TG one, the only outsiders allowed would be supportive family. All of us girls could get together and do each other’s make up and what not, and just have fun. As for the other one, just treat it like a typical comic-con
- July 27, 2021 at 7:20 am #523715
- July 26, 2021 at 4:57 pm #523495LadyRegistered On: July 18, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 8Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 116 times
Hmmm I think for me it’s the catsuit/jumpsuits worn by Erin Grey (Wilma Deering) in the old Buck Rogers in the 25th century show.
I feel perhaps I watched that at an impressionable age 😉
I’ve tried to recreate the look (kinda) but tbh it’s not quite the same lol
- July 27, 2021 at 10:11 am #523800
- July 26, 2021 at 4:51 pm #523492Beth GreenLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 27Replies: 455Has thanked: 2406 timesBeen thanked: 2357 times
- July 26, 2021 at 3:58 pm #523463Beth IrishLadyRegistered On: April 16, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 50Has thanked: 59 timesBeen thanked: 211 times
- July 26, 2021 at 3:44 pm #523444Paula1LadyRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 10Replies: 604Has thanked: 779 timesBeen thanked: 1516 times
- July 26, 2021 at 3:31 pm #523436LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 127Replies: 2449Has thanked: 15477 timesBeen thanked: 8466 times
Mine would be storm from the x-men series love the outfit she wears and love the white hair. Matter a fact actually ordered a wig and the outfit. going to wear the wig outfit minus the cape for weekend outings the wig for every day.
- July 26, 2021 at 10:27 am #523249Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 472Has thanked: 835 timesBeen thanked: 1687 times
- July 26, 2021 at 10:34 am #523256AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Yes!!! She knew how to rock it. Though I forgot in mine, Princess Leia’s Tatooine outfit from Return of the Jedi (I know, it may be demeaning) got me into women’s clothes at the start, but it really grew seeing some of her mothers outfits in the Star Wars prequel movies (I was introduced through the originals, but the prequels are my childhood)
- July 26, 2021 at 10:21 am #523241Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 614Has thanked: 548 timesBeen thanked: 2643 times
Top of the list is Wonder woman, it is a tie between lynda carter and gal gadot’s wonder woman outfit. I do like the body/swimsuit of lynda’s, but gal’s outfit just says amazon warrior all the way.
Next would be lara croft, the game version not the movie version. The tight shorts and top, plus the pistol holsters just makes me say wow.
Growing up, pink ranger from Power Rangers (original TV version). There was something about the spandex/lycra look of the pink ranger.
TV’s Supergirl with Melissa Benoist. She recently changed her outfit to a pants version, but in the earlier episodes she wore the comic style little red skirt, red thigh high boots, it all looked very feminine but yet strong kryptonian at the same time.
Last but not least, Stargirl with Brec Bassinger. Her outfit screams superhero yet youthful at the same time, with the tight shorts, crop top, and running shoes.
- July 26, 2021 at 10:16 am #523230Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 718Has thanked: 3094 timesBeen thanked: 2922 times
- July 27, 2021 at 10:30 pm #524070Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 97Replies: 916Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 3345 times
I not only pick Scarlett O Hara, but have the gown and the occasion I wore to prove it.!!
It all stems from my love of period formal wear since childhood and as well as the above I own a “Lady Catherine” gown aka Marie Antoinette
Trouble is with so much Covid about there’s nowhere to wear them these days.
But I can always dream.
Happy (cosplay) dressing
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 27, 2021 at 1:20 pm #523891Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1971Has thanked: 10982 timesBeen thanked: 7820 times
Deborah, I would have to agree with you, that would be my choice, fabulous dresses.
- July 26, 2021 at 10:07 am #523227AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I have to go with Belle’s dress as well. I love that style ballgown. Any of the flapper dresses from Great Gatsby would do as well. And the gown worn by Hermione at the Yule Ball in Goblet of Fire. Also, any dress used in movies/TV for weddings, both bridal gown and bridesmaids dresses. Basically any fictional formal dress or something to have fun in.
- July 26, 2021 at 10:07 am #523226Trisha SmithDuchessRegistered On: August 24, 2020Topics: 23Replies: 303Has thanked: 128 timesBeen thanked: 1445 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.