Viewing 48 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hey everyone…

I’m curious what everyone’s favorite films are. Not just LGBT related, but your all time favorites.

My absolute favorite of all time is the Godfather Saga, I can’t narrow down between the first 2 films so I package the entire trilogy together as one for the sake of my list. I know the third was a little weak, but I still love it. Last year, HBO produced a repackaged version of the first two movies, re-edited into chronological order and including deleted scenes. It started with the DeNiro parts of Godfather Part 2 and then ran straight through the first and the rest of the second. It was incredible, I just wish they would have included Part 3 with it’s deleted scenes.

My biggest guilty pleasure however is Repo the Genetic Opera. For anybody unfamiliar with it, it is a Sci-Fi Rock Opera, the makers refer to it as Rocky Horror meets Blade Runner. Most people are more familiar with the Jude Law bomb of a film, Repo Men, which was a rip-off of the musical. The general concept is that in the future, organ failure is on the rise so GeneCo (run by Paul Sorvino) develops synthetic organs that can be purchased on a payment plan. The catch is, if you don’t pay the bill, the Repo Man (Anthony Stewart Head) comes for you to take the organs back. The movie also includes Alexa Vega, Bill Moseley, Nivek Ogre, Sarah Brightman, and Paris Hilton (she’s actually entertaining in this.)  Similar to Rocky Horror, it has become a popular cult classic to be shadowcast in front of a live audience, I used to perform in my local group as the Repo Man. Such a wonderful experience, even if my cast weren’t the most professional of people.

Over the years, I have been a very active member of the Repo Fan Base and have gotten to know the writer, Terrance Zdunich very well. He plays a character called Graverobber in Repo and went on to write and play Lucifer in another oddball musical called The Devils Carnival. Personally, I find Devils Carnival and it’s sequel are much better films then Repo; however my passion for Repo and the music will always be stronger. If you like odd films, definitely check these out. The Devils Carnival movies also star Sean Patrick Flanery, Adam Pascal, Tech Nine and Ivan Moody from the metal band Five Finger Death Punch, as well as many other talented stars.

Anonymous

Without a doubt, the Star Wars saga are my favourite movies, original 3 still being the best. Just seen Rogue One which is amazing!

Love the Rocky Horror Picture Show too, probably the only film I can recite word for word. Big fan of musicals (such a stereotype), most sci-fi and I’m a recent convert to Almodovar films – very clever writing.

Rocky Horror HAS set into the world culture/society that Trans-people are freaks. I do not think this should be good PR for the TRANS community. Just my opinion in that way Trans people are treated by the masses around the world. I know Not everyone Hates but, the ones that do Have the movie in there head.

Anonymous

I like the more romantic and emotional films like “Sleepless in Seattle or Working Girl” Cant watch either one without crying and going through a box of kleenex. Both male stars are so adorable. I also love musicals like Phantom of the opera and camelot. I seem to have all the emotions and desires of a woman now but have always loved those movies

Maria Darlov (KGB)
      Managing Ambassador

I am a huge sci-fi fanatic, so Star Wars is my all-time favorite movie series. I also love the Fast and Furious series, (car buff).

But the one movie I watch EVERY-TIME is’s on is Dazed and Confused. I love the music soundtrack and it reminds me so much of my high school days.

LGBT movies. Boy Meets Girl, danish girl.

Other Movies : Braveheart,Boondock Saints,Full metal Jacket, We were soldiers, The other women, what women want, Harry potter, BattleShip, 10 things i hate about you, Star wars,

TV shows: NCIS, (the older version) law and order SVU”, Chopped, Lock and Load,Mail Call and I am Jazz. I watch a lot of old TV too. Like I dreams of Jeanie, Bewitched, Andy Griffin,

There are too many to list. A lot of my tv/movies have to do with History. I like “Chic flicks. I like things that make you think beyond the social normal, Not into Horror there too much real “Horror” in the world to watch it. I believe real horror can be watched on Daily News.

I Believe the Hollywood has ran out of Ideas. So, now they make redos “Red Dawn” , Mad Max,” True Grit”. You can’t redo classics and make then better.

Claudia C
      Ambassador

Also, check on Forum, ‘Movies’

Anonymous

Love sci-fi and xena

Triesste
      Lady

Hi-first time posting here. Im a big fan of action adventure and sci fi-actually Ive been a part-time actor for many years. Ill be in an independent film as my female self, premiering next month. But Im posting to recommend a specific film, for anyone who hasnt seen it-its called Viva, from Cuba. I saw it on a flight-it has an LGBT theme but, the real value is the window into life in Cuba.

Penny
      Lady

My all time favorites begin with Lawrence of Arabia on top, then in no particular order The Searchers, West Side Story, An American in Paris, Saving Private Ryan and Bringing Up Baby. There are so many that it is hard to come up with a short list, but after Lawrence these are what come to mind first.

Jeanette
      Lady

My 2 alltime favorite movies are Thelma & Louise and especially Midnight Run with Robert De Niro in it…great action/comedy/roadmovie.

In relation to crossdressing I can recommend Une Nouvelle Amie (The New Girlfriend is the English working title) which is a French movie. Not sure if its available ouside of Europe but its a very interesting film and in my opinion the best one I’ve seen in the LGBT genre. Check it out if you get the chance…you won’t be disappointed

I really like ‘The King of Hearts’ set in WW1, a man discovers who he really wants to be and the people who are really his friends.

Jaime Parris
      Contributing Editor

I love Repo!  The Genetic Opera.  I came to the movie because I am a huge Buffy The Vampire Slayer fan.  Actually, I am a fan of everything Joss Whedon has done.  So, I can add Serenity, Cabin in the Woods,  and The Avengers movies as well.

My favorite movie of all-time is Pulp Fiction.  Obvious, since it is a classic movie.  It is just a brilliantly audacious movie.

My favorite transgender movie would be a toss up between The Birdcage and Transamerica.  I do want to see more movies that does feature trans. characters and storyline.

I have so many favorite films, it’s really hard to pick. I am a huge fan of anything Tarantino and used to have Apocalypse Now on the top of my list. Love the Luhrmann version of Romeo + Juliet, but also love the sap of Its a Wonderfully Life (a must see every xmas).

However, for an official entry, I’m going to go with “The Life Aquatic.” Big fan of all Wes Anderson films, but this one has the bonus of a soundtrack that is almost exclusively Bowie, but performed by Seu Jorge in Portuguese. If you’re a fan of Bowie deep cuts, you must check this out – it’s a trip.

As for cd films, I have yet to see “The New Girlfriend” but have high hopes. I must say that I am generally disappointed with this genre, as the protagonist is usually trans or drag, which kind of misses the mark for me.

If I could put in a wish, I’d like to see a realistic portrayal of a CD, but made by Jon Favrrau and in the style of Swingers or Chief. Can you just imagine Vince Vaughn playing his crossdressing buddy. In addition to the laughs, I trust he would give an accurate portrayal of our struggles not just with dressing but also with family life. He could do his background research right here on CDH. Well a girl can dream.

💋💋💋 Julie

Naked Lunch, Logan’s Run, Full Metal Jacket all part of my desert island collection. Lgbtxyz movies – Hurricane Bianca and Dog Day Afternoon.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Raiders of the Lost Ark. Best action movie ever. Stripes. Silly and funny. Obviously I’m not a movie buff.

Favorite film. Cloud Atlas easy. I’m a huge romantic. Though on a dark spectrum, Logan is my second favorite.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

So hard to choose my favorite movie but here are a few contenders for various reasons:

Highlander, The Seven Samurai, Ran, Planet of the Apes (1968), The Seventh Cross, oh I could go on and on. My favorite comedies are Blazing Saddles and It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad World.

Hugs,

Michelle

Anonymous

At the moment: Wonder Woman.  It always uplifts me and I still cry at the no man’s land part.

Other favourites and films that have struck me as amazing (those I can think of at the moment) : any Monty Python or Terry Gilliam movie, Koyaanisqatsi, Solaris (both the Russian and American versions), Orlando, The Blues Brothers, lots of Ealing Comedies, and costume dramas (apart from anything else I like to watch the frocks!)

[quote quote=118222]My favorite comedies are Blazing Saddles and It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad World.[/quote]

When I was younger I must have watched It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World about 10 times.  Loved it!

Anonymous

All the Star Wars movies, even the most recent four produced under Disney. I’m also a constant binge re-watcher of the Clone Wars and Rebels animated series.

Huge sci-fi fan so all the star wars films and read every book previous to disney getting rid of the real authors. Avatar and Treks among others but my all time fave is still Pacific Rim, the original, with the real director.

Aoife
      Lady

These days I mostly just watch documentaries, but some of my favourite narrative films are Rushmore, Stalker, Schizopolis, Nativity!, Paddington 2, Blow-Up, and the Station Agent (for anyone feeling alienated, especially in New Jersey). Ultimately, the best however is the T.A.M.I. Show. People will argue if a performance like that counts, but there’s nothing better to watch.

Love both the Paddington films. Just so increadably side splitingly funny – couldn’t stop laughing it was quite embarrasing.

[quote quote=118354]At the moment: Wonder Woman. It always uplifts me and I still cry at the no man’s land part.

Other favourites and films that have struck me as amazing (those I can think of at the moment) : any Monty Python or Terry Gilliam movie, Koyaanisqatsi, Solaris (both the Russian and American versions), Orlando, The Blues Brothers, lots of Ealing Comedies, and costume dramas (apart from anything else I like to watch the frocks!)

My favorite comedies are Blazing Saddles and It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad World.

When I was younger I must have watched It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World about 10 times. Loved it!

[/quote]
      Yes, I loved Wonder Woman, My fav’ of the Marvel movies which was a masive surprise to me.

I also love period drama’s particularly because I’m costume watching, singns of a good corset, the swish of the skirts and they always seem to have strong story lines.

Love all things Victoriana.

Take care girls

Anne-Marie

Anonymous

“The Lion in Winter” is my all time favorite.  Great acting and terrific dialog.

“Some Like it Hot” with Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe.  I love the beach scene for obvious reasons.

Anonymous

Wow the lion in winter Henry the second and all that. Also Peter O’Toole the ultimate Luvvie. Filming near me once comes out of his mobile home with cigarette in a holder, glass of wine in hand wearing a smoking jacket, it was 8 in the morning.

Donna.

Anonymous

Love the historical epics myself. El Cid, Quo Vadis, Spartacus, The Vikings(1959) etc. Don’t mind the Marvel stuff also British working class dramas Brassed Off , Fully Monty etc. Sorry if you haven’t got a clue about the last ones they probably never left these shores.

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

The New Girlfriend
      Excellent CD movie not hokey or preachy real people audience cares about.

A Girl Like Me
      The Gwen Arayo story
      Another excellent movie audience cares about

Blade Runner
      Original
      Harrison Ford owes my daughter $10

Sleuth

Cash Back
      Very interesting comedy about an artist who can stop time. Warning -well never mind.

Gattica

The Thing movies

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
      Julie Newman’s first movie
      I’d be her

Many more

Luv
      D

Anonymous

Sci fi, superhero and Lord of the ring type seem the most popular. What about a good Biopic or film based on the truth. Cry Freedom is long but good I also enjoyed watching the Black Klansman.

Patrick Swayzes outfits in To Wong Fu.  He must have a dozen different changes.

Anonymous

The guilty pleasure I never pass up a chance to watch when it comes on is Dirty Dancing. Moulin Rouge, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, and Groundhog Day are other faves.

Rosiebeth
      Lady

Hey Girls

for movies.  I like almost all the Nora Ephron movies.  Guess that’s the girl in me.

But my favorite classic is; planet of the apes with Charlton Heston.

I just watched The Good Bye Girl ( original).

But Tombstone is also a great.

Guess im just all over the place.  Lol

hug & kisses

Rosiebeth.

Good lord where to start! Star Wars and Lord of the rings are number 1. Alien 1 and 2, Frida which is about my favorite painter, John carpenders the thing, Scream, Toby Mcguire’s Spiderman, and Borat (which i wouldn’t recommend unless you have thick skin and a strong stomach.

Anonymous

Borat remember that very funny. Don’t know if you can get Sacha in ‘The Ali G show’ also funny but possible a bit to British.

Beaches. Seen it so many times, but still makes me cry.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Jurassic Park (all of them)

Planet of the Apes (the original set of movies, plus the new ones)

Star Wars

Dirty Dancing

Ghost

Anything with Orlando Bloom in!

Anonymous

Dirty dancing is an amazing film. I’m of the opinion that if someone doesn’t like it there must be something wrong with them.

“Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” RIP Patrick Swayze.

Anonymous

Great movie, and if I had a Top Ten list, it would be in there.
          Bettylou

Anonymous

Well I have a number of favourite films.

I consider fight club the epitome of a book made into a film. It is so good that I consider it superior to the book. Absolutely love the crow for similar reasons. It is a perfect revenge film. The anime Akira is a stand out for also.

Of current films I’m finding it the John wick films to be absolute gold and felt that 3 billboards should have won best picture as that film is shockingly brilliant. Speaking of 3 billboards I also absolutely love In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths (I have something of a crush on Sam Rockwell).

I’m more into Television shows rather than films.  But do enjoy some films.

Labyrinth

Star Trek (The Voyage Home, being my fave ST film)

The Beatles film “Hard Day’s Night”

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

2001: a space Odyssey

Roxy641

Aoife
        Lady

Love the Voyage Home. So much fun plus I love whales and Alameda is one of my favourite places.

Anonymous

Well, that’s an interesting question to pose, and I’ve been watching movies since before TV was a big thing. And at the risk of revealing my “dark” side: Dirty Harry, Die Hard and Dr No; with Star Wars (Episode 6) as honorable mention.

Anonymous

UPDATE:

Anonymous

UPDATE: I was reminded by the Starz channel this morning of my all-time favorite comedy film, Goodbye Charlie…which is also a CD film, (sort of).

Anonymous

I’m a fan of classic movies, the very best of the very best so, Casablanca, The Big Sleep, Gone With the Wind, Bringing up Baby, Some Like it Hot. Any movie starring Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn or James Cagney

hey girl, you have great taste in movies – I am right with you on these! the classics are the ones that I (and my wife & daughters) go to most.
        Some Like it Hot is a WONDERFUL cross dressing movie – although Tony Curtis always seems to be a ‘guy wearing a dress’ Jack Lemmon’s character (sorry, can’t remember names…) really seems to embrace it and transform, ‘I’m a girl, I’m a girl’ I could see Daphne (just remembered – of course it was Daphne,  because she didn’t just femme her boy name, she chose her femme name) posting on CDH…

lately loving just about anything with Myrna Loy or Olivia de Havilland in it…

Anonymous

Jillian,

I do agree with you on “Casablanca.  It has been suggested to have been the best movie of all time, and certainly has to most quotable quotes of any film.

1) My Fair Lady – Audrey Hepburn OMG I’ve seen it so many times I know it word for word.

2) Rear Window – Grace Kelly Be still my beating heart.

3) The Last Starfighter – Complete fantasy fare. Who wouldn’t want to go into space a take on the bad guys.

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

May The Force Be With You…

Suppose that’s the biggest giveaway! Yes I’m a Star Wars fan and it will always be my favourite film, it has been since childhood. Like Samantha, the whole Star Wars thing has been with for a very long time.

I am a bit of a science fiction geek but love film from black and white classics to modern cinema. I have my go to Christmas film playlist as well!

One day I may even have the courage to dress as Samantha and go to the cinema. As the line in the trailer goes, “Confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi…”

Difficult question as I’m pretty much an omnivore…

I saw Ford v Ferrari on its opening weekend. Definitely rates high on my list of motorsports movies, along with Grand Prix, Winning, RUSH, Le Mans, Greased Lightning, To Please A Lady and The Racers.

All the Star Trek movies

All the Star Wars movies

Classic Hitchcock movies (Kim Novak in Vertigo was to die for!?!?)

The Thin Man series

All the James Bond movies

Mulholland Drive. I like when people say they’ve figured it out or have like a timeline that fits everything into a narrative. No. You haven’t and you don’t. The movie works on an experiential or emotional level. You have to feel it before you understand it. You can’t timeline a dream.

Also should have added:

Sleuth
      Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
      Glory
      Red Tails
      The Danish Girl

The Big Lebowski
      Meatballs 2
      Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
      Die Hard
      Tombstone
      My Big Fat Greek Wedding
      Reservoir Dogs
      Jackie Brown
      The 13th Warrior
      Back To The Future Trilogy
      Goodfellas
      Total Recall 1990
      G.I. Joe The Movie (1987)
      Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1990
      Rambo First Blood Part 2
      Where The Buffalo Roam
      Ferrris Beuller’s Day Off
      Commando

I have way too many to list :

– Die Hard (and sequels).  Classic Christmas movie all around.

– Star Wars

– Expendables.  The 2nd one was the best as it was all around gory and violent.

– Saw

– Wonder Woman

– Halloween

– Hostel

– Rambo

– A Serbian Film, an incredibly strong stomach is required to watch this one.

– Necromantik.  Again, an incredibly strong stomach is a requirement.

– Cannibal Holocaust

– Exorcist

– Jackass

Abby M
      Lady

My favorite film of all time is Star Wars: the Empire Strikes Back. I guess it was one of the first films I was introduced to where the good guys don’t necessarily win. It was shocking and new. I also enjoyed the romance between Han Solo and Princess Leia, usually not a big fan of that type of thing. I guess if I had to say guilty pleasure movies either Superman IV: the Quest for Peace or Moonraker. Moonraker is an interesting movie to me because I’ve at least seen it three times and had a different reaction each time. Saw it and thought it was the dumbest movie ever, then it was the greatest movie ever, to just ehh it was alright. I feel it is an interesting movie because it can do all that.

Anonymous

Hello ladies

Favs include –

“Love actually’

“The Christmas card”

“Four weddings and a funeral”

“Casablanca”

“Notting hill”

…are you seeing a pattern here…yes, i love a bottle of wine and a good cry…

Huggs , grace xx

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I love a lot movies, but a few ….

Original Star Wars trilogy

Kellys Heroes  (love Oddball)

Zulu

Witness

Heavy Metal

Pretty Woman, Pretty Woman, Pretty Woman!

Just LOVE Julia Robert’s in that movie.❤  Love it, love it, love it.

Stevie

Let’s see

Matewan

Allegro Non Troppo

Judgement at Nuremberg

The Haunting (from 1963)

The Dark Knight

And i can do the complete dialog for both

Blazing Saddles

And Animal House.

Howzat?

I love this reference that Bobbi made in an earlier post to “A Christmas Story” and Ralphies’ dad and his profanity laced tirades……

Bobbi said…… “I LOVE Samuel L. Jackson!  He doesn’t mince words at all!  He works with profanity, the way an artist works with oil paints!   🙂

So one of my faves is “A Christmas Story” and one of the draws is that it only shows on Christmas Day for 24 hours….. we have it on continually every Christmas…..

My all time favorite though is “Casablanca” …..a most wonderful love story.. so many iconic lines in the movie and who can forget Ingrid Bergman… what a beautiful woman… I melt inside every time I watch it…. the electricity between Bogey and Ingrid is palpable and just jumps out from the screen at me…. love it

Others that I love….. ANY Mel Brooks movie .. To Be or Not to Be stands out to me mostly because it features his wife, Ann Bancroft….. which brings to mind……the Graduate

Coen brothers movies….. the Big Lebowski, Fargo

Godfather 1& 2….. Goodfellas

A BridgeToo Far , Tora Tora Tora, Midway (the 2019 version), The Steel Helmet (1951) a small budget Korean War flick that was one of the first War movies I remember watching….

I love the older B&W movies that relied on script and acting ….. TCM is usually the first channel I go to to see what oldie is playing….. the outfits,  makeup and hair on the women in those 40’s and 50’s movies is wonderfully captivating….  although I did enjoy the Star Wars movies

Generally I’m a movie fan… so lots to talk about…… oh…. I have watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood nymerous times….. I find Brad Pitt  wonderfully appealing  in that flick… when he takes his shirt off on the roof of Leonardo DiCaprio’s house…..mmmm… so sexy

Oh, yes, Dee Ann.. how could I forget the Hitchcock movies… what a genius….. Grace Kelly in the Rear Window….. what gorgeous outfits… Psycho…. (omg…. a transvestite…. lol)… Vertigo…

[postquote quote=391988]

And don’t forget North by Northwest!! One of my all time handful of non-motorsports movies. Cary Grant, Eva Marie Saint, Leo G. Carroll, Martin Landau and the incomparable James Mason, along with Mt. Rushmore, the music, the cornfield scene, passenger trains and an extraordinary mid-century modern home.

Hard to beat all that!?!?

Anonymous

Secondhand Lions; great movie. Live that one myself.

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?