Viewing 43 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Just asking what kinds of dresses everyone like long short what kind of fabric I am looking for a few suggestion too add to my collection

hugs kim

Anonymous

Jean skirts

Anonymous

with the right shape of body or using padding love those bodycon dresses

Megan Kelly
        Princess - Annual

I agree with you fully Donna. Love the bodycon dresses. Megan

Anonymous

Hi Kimberly, hope you’re well…

I love 50’s retro dresses….love the bright colours and the swiiiiiiish.!!!!…but most dresses are fine depending on the occasion….

I agree with Ms Plumb…loose and flouncy so I don’t need to tuck too much, just tight panties…. It’s getting warmer in England now, so all that strapping around the undercarriage is a no- no…..

Check the returns policy when you buy….then try EVERYTHING…there will be a style you love, but look at the fun you can have searching for it…

huggs, grace x

Anonymous

Yes miss Grace I am doing ok embracing Kimberly more she likes to control the thoughts and I like the way she does

hugs Kimberly

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Daytime (casual). Smart below the knee skirt, (I’m too “mature” for minis/bodycons). On top classic blouse and drop waist cardi for the lack of a female “rear end”.

“Cocktail hour”. 3 pierce ensemble, skirt, matching cami and jacket.

Evening (formal) Mother of the bride dress or full length evening gown with train and matching jacket.

Fantasy. “Scarlett O Caty” replica Civil war gown or going back even further Marie Antionette with panniers and “piled high on top, ringlets down the side.

Photos of “all of the above” are available on my CDH profile

Caty

Peta Mari
      Lady

Medi and maxi dresses and skirts. The dresses must have sleeves, even if they are short ones.

Light cotton for summer, knitted / denim in winter.

Hi Kimberly

I just love nearly everything that came out of the sixties! The shift dresses that exposed the leg… the colours, the fabric, the lines… Mary Quant rules!

Anonymous

Definitely love swing dresses, any form of lace and cotton dresses so feminine, and lovely for the summer too. Everyday tend towards cord skirts or a nice cotton skirt just above the knee. Love the pencil skirt white lace top look.

Hey Kim,

I’m a midi girl. Minis are not age appropriate, and since I wear stockings I need the longer style.

Maxis? Seriously? Are you kidding? NO WAY!

Fabric? I’m still learning myself.

Diane

In terms of length, somewhere around the knee seems to work for me.

At the moment, whilst SO is unaware of my dressing, if I wear something with a low neckline then I wear a t-shirt or vest under it to hide the chest hair so no cleavage on display currently!

Try things, see what you like and just go for it!

-A.

In the fall / winter, my fav type of dress is knee length with hose and a nice pair of dressy boots.

Hi Kimberly

At the moment only have one faux leather fitted top and flared skirt knee length. Looking for suggestions.

Hugs Charlotte

Hi Kimberly,

Most of my dresses are mid-thigh. I like bright colors, floral patterns, pleats, soft fabrics. I like to twirl. I love the feeling of driving with the window down and a warm breeze making the hemline flutter and tickle my legs. I have shoulders so I choose open sleeves or sleeveless. I like the Girl-Next-Door look.

For the longest time, I shied away from any dresses.  I guess I never found a dress that I liked and at a size the fit me well.

However, last year I bought a really nice sleeveless LBD, I didn’t think much of it but wearing it for the first time, it was snug and form fitting, it really highlighted my silicone hips very well, and I just fell in love with it.  Now, it is my favourite go to dress.  I would classify that dress as bodycon/pencil, as it is form fitting.

My fave style is bodycon/pencil style, but for me it is very tough to find one that is form fitting.

Hi Kimberley

My favourite type of dress is a bodycon style, they are mainly midi length which fall just below my knee and its a nice length to wear with my boots as well.

Samantha x

Anonymous

Bodycon dresses are so on point at the moment who would of thought it as id never heard of them before I bought 2 or 3 of them a few months ago

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Kimberly, I haven’t met a dress I didn’t like though I do prefer skater style dresses that are a bit loose.  Totally agree with Stephanie that tucking is then less of an issue unlike with those really tight dresses.  I guess I’d have to say my favorite is my LBD for cocktail parties.  Lots of lace.  Wish I could find a place to wear it though (other than my house). It wouldn’t be something for strolling through the grocery store. I have a couple of floor length dresses but most dresses are at the knee.  I also have a couple of shorter dresses, but again they are for special events like going to a wedding or gala. Oh and I have a gold sequin dress that I picked up at a Sears closing out sale $10, I wish I also bought the red one!!!!  We need to have a CDH event post-covid (close by where I can wear these party dresses).  Thanks for the question, Good Luck with your shopping, Hugs, Krista

Eona Oh
      Lady

Sweater dress! I could live in it! Love it.

💖💋

Pleated skirts. OMG! I love the way they feel and move when I walk.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Leah
      Baroness

pencil skirts or a bodycon dress, i love the business/classic look

CelesteCD
        Lady

Nice to see pencil skirts get some
        love here. I’m with ya on that.

My two favorite styles are empire waist dresses (long or short), and peplum dresses.

Anonymous

Hi Kimberly

L❤ve all types of dresses mini bodycon and maxi dresses the feeling when walking in them no words

But to pick one type as my favourite it has to be the mini dress and a nice pair of thigh high boots

L❤ve

Kelly💋Ann

Anonymous

Hi Kimberly  its bodycon dresses for me knee length with a rear split, I also love silk and/or lace dresses. I just love the feeling of them brushing against the skin, a dress with a belt is nice helps to give more shape. Dresses for me must have distinctive colours, I love Red – Cerise -Pink – Floral and every girl must have their little Black dress. I also like my dresses to be zipped I love the feeling of the zip going up.

Love Sarah xx

ChloeC
      Duchess

Mostly a sheath style dress, a little fitted, either no sleeves or short sleeves or full length sleeves, coming just above the knee, with a v-neck or scoop neck (not straight across).  I think I’d also like a sweater dress. If I was a lot younger (and a touch lighter), a tank and fitted skirt.

The last sweater dress that I ordered was back less. I had pink fog and thought that it was really cute. I did not look at all the pictures of it. It is really cute and fits so well. I had to order some adhesive bras to make it work. I am still waiting for them to show up.
        ❤️
        Octavia

Anonymous

Like those knit slit dresses too where show view of one leg Oh everyone has to have some type of little black dress now.

I like bodycon really tight stuff. Some things do look good on me. Long sleeve. I love skinny jeans. Skirts and mini skirts well above the knee. I did see a dress the other day that was full length and I really want it. Something that I would not normally buy but it was beautiful. I love leather, denim and spandex.
      ❤️
      Octavia

My favorite are pretty little confections like this one…pink!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074FY3CPX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A19027PKSNOX0G&psc=1

Anonymous

I’m finding out that I notice what women are wearing way more than I used to. And most of the time I love what I see. All of them. Still I have a soft spot for the pencil dress. 💕💋 Katie

Have to be careful with this… on a couple of occasions my SO has accused me of “checking out other women”.  I have no idea what the women in question looked like, I was only looking at their dresses!

-A.

most of my dresses are knee high length, pretty in color, red , blue and some with colorful design that look feminine looking. sexy when wearing them. some times silk and sometimes satin if i can find them. but mostly knee high and with some cleavage showing.  what they would call a v neck kind of .    i have more dresses and wear them more then wife does. and matching nylons, don’t forget to wear panties and pad,  lacy bra also. and boob inserts

I love bodycon, sweater and silk dresses. Nothing below the knee and preferably thigh length. Like everyone else I have my pretty little black dress, but I feel most sexy in a red or leopard print dress with silk black stockings and heels!!

sleeveless, length above the knees.

Michelle Jamison
      Ambassador - Editor

Really too many to chose from but I would say knee length ( or slightly above) fit and flare,  then  peplum, and finally a sweater dress ( above the knee).  Love all colors but solids are so classic,  with matching heels of course!!!

Anonymous

Thank you ladies for all the input on this it really helps and yes the saying is every girl must have a little black dress in the closet

hugs Kimberly

Paula
      Lady

I’m beginning my journey as a CD and I have found them hat I really enjoy wearing swing dresses. I have ordered some from En Femme and they are fitted and just above the knee.

Pumped
      Lady

first off, I only dress at home so I don’t dress lieI would if I went out. That said I love bodycon dresses. Tight, short and slutty! If you looked in my closet that is what you would mostly find. I had a couple “normal” dresses. something a woman might wear to a conservative party, a wedding perhaps, but they are not may favorite.

I have a silicone breast plate and I like to wear it with a low cut bodycon dress and show off a bunch of cleavage. Like all of the cleavage!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Pumped.
      Anonymous

🌺 I went out on the town last night with a few cd gf’s..🍭🌼 I wore a black mini skirt ( a couple inches above knee) with red floral pattern hose. I like any type of skirt or dress actually 💜 🌻

I enjoy a midi or a maxi, anything that restricts knee movement 😛 Mini’s are also fun too when you want to feel the skirt bounce off your thighs

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I like casual sexy and short in a nice soft and silky fabric.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Kimberly, tough question since I am still discovering styles that I love.  My favorites would be knee length and a 3/4 sleeve.  Tho I still like the skater dresses and  bodycon type, I really like something with a faux wrap, I love the way it helps frame my boobs.  I still do not have a full ankle length dress tho’, I’ll need to add that!  I have a couple of beautiful summer dresses I just love – white and black with a splash of red  – dont know their “style”, other than short and cute, lol.

I guess I’m saying I can’t really pick a favorite…. 😅.

Stevie

Sutekina
      Lady

Less known fabrics are tencel and tactel. Usually found in shapewear, but can also find a fitted or bodycon dresses/skirts. Often found in some hosiery but sometimes in clothing is polyamide. Super soft and stretchy. Those would be my favourite materials. In Asian sites such as Aliexpress, you’ll find a material type called “ice silk.” Not made of silk but polyester. Feels like silk, stretches like polyamide and durable. Usually comes as transparent pants, panties or bodysuits. Can find in dresses or skirts, but will always be tight fitting and translucent. Be careful about sizing on Aliexpress. Majority of items are Asian sizes which is 1 or 2 sizes larger than USA/Canada. Our M is L or XL in Asia. Also shoe sizes are either EU or Chinese numbers which is similar. For U.S. equivalent, it’s all over the map. I’m a 9, but on Aliexpress, I could be a 7.5 or 8. I’m EU 39, but Chinese equivalent is 40.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Sutekina.

I don’t have any at the moment, but I would LOVE a German beer girl dress!

Megan Kelly
        Princess - Annual

I think the Octoberfest skirt is a must-have item.  😅.  I would love to dress in one soon.

Anonymous

A  rauched surprice bodycom mini or midi. I not sure if I spelled either of them correctly. Super sexy and hides anything.

Pumped
        Lady

I think the word is ruched.

I love them too, like this,

Amazon

Megan Kelly
      Princess - Annual

Any style of Little black dress: bodycon, midi, skater, swing, vintage. They are all adorable.

Bodycon definitely…shows off my curves and helps me narrow down my walking gait/stride. Since I am a plus size gal standing at around 6 feet tall, midi length would be the shortest I would want to go (maxi length preferably) if I am wearing it out in public running errands or just out and about. But when it comes to nightlife I’ll do a mini length if it falls correctly on me ;). Fabric would have to be stretchy and strong to handle my curves consistently ;).

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?