- April 26, 2021 at 6:38 pm #484466Kimberly LynnParticipantRegistered On: April 11, 2021Topics: 22Replies: 113Has thanked: 122 timesBeen thanked: 519 times
Just asking what kinds of dresses everyone like long short what kind of fabric I am looking for a few suggestion too add to my collection
Total of 24 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- May 1, 2021 at 3:10 pm #486426Quinetta HarrisLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 26Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 80 times
Bodycon definitely…shows off my curves and helps me narrow down my walking gait/stride. Since I am a plus size gal standing at around 6 feet tall, midi length would be the shortest I would want to go (maxi length preferably) if I am wearing it out in public running errands or just out and about. But when it comes to nightlife I’ll do a mini length if it falls correctly on me ;). Fabric would have to be stretchy and strong to handle my curves consistently ;).
- May 1, 2021 at 1:46 pm #486416
- April 30, 2021 at 9:33 pm #486130Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 206Has thanked: 374 timesBeen thanked: 877 times
- May 1, 2021 at 5:25 am #486238
- April 30, 2021 at 8:39 pm #486123Jerri NewmanLadyRegistered On: October 30, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 16Has thanked: 133 timesBeen thanked: 58 times
I love this style
- April 30, 2021 at 3:03 pm #486007Vecca SennLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 142Has thanked: 847 timesBeen thanked: 480 times
- May 1, 2021 at 2:41 pm #486423
- April 30, 2021 at 1:43 pm #485962SutekinaLadyRegistered On: January 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 89Has thanked: 1364 timesBeen thanked: 274 times
Less known fabrics are tencel and tactel. Usually found in shapewear, but can also find a fitted or bodycon dresses/skirts. Often found in some hosiery but sometimes in clothing is polyamide. Super soft and stretchy. Those would be my favourite materials. In Asian sites such as Aliexpress, you’ll find a material type called “ice silk.” Not made of silk but polyester. Feels like silk, stretches like polyamide and durable. Usually comes as transparent pants, panties or bodysuits. Can find in dresses or skirts, but will always be tight fitting and translucent. Be careful about sizing on Aliexpress. Majority of items are Asian sizes which is 1 or 2 sizes larger than USA/Canada. Our M is L or XL in Asia. Also shoe sizes are either EU or Chinese numbers which is similar. For U.S. equivalent, it’s all over the map. I’m a 9, but on Aliexpress, I could be a 7.5 or 8. I’m EU 39, but Chinese equivalent is 40.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Sutekina.
- April 30, 2021 at 3:50 am #485776Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 52Replies: 1260Has thanked: 5712 timesBeen thanked: 6452 times
Hi Kimberly, tough question since I am still discovering styles that I love. My favorites would be knee length and a 3/4 sleeve. Tho I still like the skater dresses and bodycon type, I really like something with a faux wrap, I love the way it helps frame my boobs. I still do not have a full ankle length dress tho’, I’ll need to add that! I have a couple of beautiful summer dresses I just love – white and black with a splash of red – dont know their “style”, other than short and cute, lol.
I guess I’m saying I can’t really pick a favorite…. 😅.
- April 30, 2021 at 3:14 am #485769
- April 29, 2021 at 9:42 pm #485713Stephanie HayesLadyRegistered On: December 14, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 84Has thanked: 57 timesBeen thanked: 209 times
- April 28, 2021 at 5:15 pm #485197Effie JayneDuchessRegistered On: February 7, 2021Topics: 30Replies: 833Has thanked: 1631 timesBeen thanked: 2814 times
🌺 I went out on the town last night with a few cd gf’s..🍭🌼 I wore a black mini skirt ( a couple inches above knee) with red floral pattern hose. I like any type of skirt or dress actually 💜 🌻
- April 28, 2021 at 4:22 pm #485178Pumped ForheelsLadyRegistered On: November 22, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 83Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 292 times
first off, I only dress at home so I don’t dress lieI would if I went out. That said I love bodycon dresses. Tight, short and slutty! If you looked in my closet that is what you would mostly find. I had a couple “normal” dresses. something a woman might wear to a conservative party, a wedding perhaps, but they are not may favorite.
I have a silicone breast plate and I like to wear it with a low cut bodycon dress and show off a bunch of cleavage. Like all of the cleavage!
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Pumped Forheels.
- April 28, 2021 at 12:51 pm #485110Paula HessLadyRegistered On: January 8, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 107Has thanked: 1002 timesBeen thanked: 394 times
I’m beginning my journey as a CD and I have found them hat I really enjoy wearing swing dresses. I have ordered some from En Femme and they are fitted and just above the knee.
- April 28, 2021 at 4:56 am #484987Kimberly LynnDuchessRegistered On: April 11, 2021Topics: 22Replies: 113Has thanked: 122 timesBeen thanked: 519 times
- April 28, 2021 at 4:46 am #484984Michelle JamisonAmbassadorRegistered On: November 29, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 7 times
Really too many to chose from but I would say knee length ( or slightly above) fit and flare, then peplum, and finally a sweater dress ( above the knee). Love all colors but solids are so classic, with matching heels of course!!!
- April 28, 2021 at 4:03 am #484977
- April 28, 2021 at 3:55 am #484976Candace BaciLadyRegistered On: October 19, 2020Topics: 57Replies: 135Has thanked: 458 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
I love bodycon, sweater and silk dresses. Nothing below the knee and preferably thigh length. Like everyone else I have my pretty little black dress, but I feel most sexy in a red or leopard print dress with silk black stockings and heels!!
- April 27, 2021 at 6:30 pm #484870Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1317Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 1529 times
most of my dresses are knee high length, pretty in color, red , blue and some with colorful design that look feminine looking. sexy when wearing them. some times silk and sometimes satin if i can find them. but mostly knee high and with some cleavage showing. what they would call a v neck kind of . i have more dresses and wear them more then wife does. and matching nylons, don’t forget to wear panties and pad, lacy bra also. and boob inserts
- April 27, 2021 at 6:28 pm #484868Katie TimeDuchessRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 179Has thanked: 1213 timesBeen thanked: 981 times
I’m finding out that I notice what women are wearing way more than I used to. And most of the time I love what I see. All of them. Still I have a soft spot for the pencil dress. 💕💋 Katie
- April 28, 2021 at 5:15 am #484988Andi DuBoisLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 109Has thanked: 134 timesBeen thanked: 496 times
Have to be careful with this… on a couple of occasions my SO has accused me of “checking out other women”. I have no idea what the women in question looked like, I was only looking at their dresses!
- April 27, 2021 at 6:06 pm #484858Debbie LynnLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 68Has thanked: 422 timesBeen thanked: 269 times
- April 27, 2021 at 5:52 pm #484854Octavia LongLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 44Replies: 120Has thanked: 748 timesBeen thanked: 915 times
I like bodycon really tight stuff. Some things do look good on me. Long sleeve. I love skinny jeans. Skirts and mini skirts well above the knee. I did see a dress the other day that was full length and I really want it. Something that I would not normally buy but it was beautiful. I love leather, denim and spandex.
- April 27, 2021 at 3:13 pm #484786DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
- April 27, 2021 at 1:29 pm #484757ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 324Has thanked: 819 timesBeen thanked: 1405 times
Mostly a sheath style dress, a little fitted, either no sleeves or short sleeves or full length sleeves, coming just above the knee, with a v-neck or scoop neck (not straight across). I think I’d also like a sweater dress. If I was a lot younger (and a touch lighter), a tank and fitted skirt.
- April 27, 2021 at 5:39 pm #484847Octavia LongLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 44Replies: 120Has thanked: 748 timesBeen thanked: 915 times
The last sweater dress that I ordered was back less. I had pink fog and thought that it was really cute. I did not look at all the pictures of it. It is really cute and fits so well. I had to order some adhesive bras to make it work. I am still waiting for them to show up.
- April 27, 2021 at 1:03 pm #484753Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 24Replies: 573Has thanked: 3690 timesBeen thanked: 2181 times
Hi Kimberly its bodycon dresses for me knee length with a rear split, I also love silk and/or lace dresses. I just love the feeling of them brushing against the skin, a dress with a belt is nice helps to give more shape. Dresses for me must have distinctive colours, I love Red – Cerise -Pink – Floral and every girl must have their little Black dress. I also like my dresses to be zipped I love the feeling of the zip going up.
Love Sarah xx
- April 27, 2021 at 12:58 pm #484751AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 39Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 294 times
L❤ve all types of dresses mini bodycon and maxi dresses the feeling when walking in them no words
But to pick one type as my favourite it has to be the mini dress and a nice pair of thigh high boots
- April 27, 2021 at 12:55 pm #484750Genivieve BujoldLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 56Has thanked: 126 timesBeen thanked: 242 times
- April 27, 2021 at 12:46 pm #484747LeahBaronessRegistered On: June 13, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 246Has thanked: 3346 timesBeen thanked: 870 times
- May 3, 2021 at 9:06 am #487158
- April 27, 2021 at 12:07 pm #484733Amber ScottDuchessRegistered On: June 30, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 98Has thanked: 91 timesBeen thanked: 365 times
- April 27, 2021 at 11:51 am #484722
- April 27, 2021 at 10:11 am #484692KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 613Has thanked: 1798 timesBeen thanked: 2825 times
Hi Kimberly, I haven’t met a dress I didn’t like though I do prefer skater style dresses that are a bit loose. Totally agree with Stephanie that tucking is then less of an issue unlike with those really tight dresses. I guess I’d have to say my favorite is my LBD for cocktail parties. Lots of lace. Wish I could find a place to wear it though (other than my house). It wouldn’t be something for strolling through the grocery store. I have a couple of floor length dresses but most dresses are at the knee. I also have a couple of shorter dresses, but again they are for special events like going to a wedding or gala. Oh and I have a gold sequin dress that I picked up at a Sears closing out sale $10, I wish I also bought the red one!!!! We need to have a CDH event post-covid (close by where I can wear these party dresses). Thanks for the question, Good Luck with your shopping, Hugs, Krista
- April 27, 2021 at 9:14 am #484677Samantha JoLadyRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 55Has thanked: 166 timesBeen thanked: 282 times
My favourite type of dress is a bodycon style, they are mainly midi length which fall just below my knee and its a nice length to wear with my boots as well.
- April 27, 2021 at 9:43 am #484685AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 810 timesBeen thanked: 1066 times
- April 27, 2021 at 7:57 am #484658Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 498Has thanked: 419 timesBeen thanked: 2145 times
For the longest time, I shied away from any dresses. I guess I never found a dress that I liked and at a size the fit me well.
However, last year I bought a really nice sleeveless LBD, I didn’t think much of it but wearing it for the first time, it was snug and form fitting, it really highlighted my silicone hips very well, and I just fell in love with it. Now, it is my favourite go to dress. I would classify that dress as bodycon/pencil, as it is form fitting.
My fave style is bodycon/pencil style, but for me it is very tough to find one that is form fitting.
- April 27, 2021 at 7:16 am #484650Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 371Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 1057 times
Most of my dresses are mid-thigh. I like bright colors, floral patterns, pleats, soft fabrics. I like to twirl. I love the feeling of driving with the window down and a warm breeze making the hemline flutter and tickle my legs. I have shoulders so I choose open sleeves or sleeveless. I like the Girl-Next-Door look.
- April 27, 2021 at 5:01 am #484618Charlotte WalkerDuchessRegistered On: April 18, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 222Has thanked: 890 timesBeen thanked: 669 times
- April 27, 2021 at 4:22 am #484602Cindi CallowayLadyRegistered On: April 4, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 25Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
- April 27, 2021 at 4:12 am #484597LadyRegistered On: January 7, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 109Has thanked: 134 timesBeen thanked: 496 times
In terms of length, somewhere around the knee seems to work for me.
At the moment, whilst SO is unaware of my dressing, if I wear something with a low neckline then I wear a t-shirt or vest under it to hide the chest hair so no cleavage on display currently!
Try things, see what you like and just go for it!
- April 27, 2021 at 3:38 am #484586Diane RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 716Has thanked: 1256 timesBeen thanked: 2363 times
I’m a midi girl. Minis are not age appropriate, and since I wear stockings I need the longer style.
Maxis? Seriously? Are you kidding? NO WAY!
Fabric? I’m still learning myself.
- April 27, 2021 at 2:41 am #484579Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 1555Has thanked: 9180 timesBeen thanked: 6163 times
Definitely love swing dresses, any form of lace and cotton dresses so feminine, and lovely for the summer too. Everyday tend towards cord skirts or a nice cotton skirt just above the knee. Love the pencil skirt white lace top look.
- April 27, 2021 at 1:47 am #484561Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 957Has thanked: 1361 timesBeen thanked: 3309 times
I just love nearly everything that came out of the sixties! The shift dresses that exposed the leg… the colours, the fabric, the lines… Mary Quant rules!
- April 27, 2021 at 1:41 am #484558Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 206Has thanked: 361 timesBeen thanked: 1055 times
- April 27, 2021 at 12:38 am #484548Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 88Replies: 855Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 2974 times
Daytime (casual). Smart below the knee skirt, (I’m too “mature” for minis/bodycons). On top classic blouse and drop waist cardi for the lack of a female “rear end”.
“Cocktail hour”. 3 pierce ensemble, skirt, matching cami and jacket.
Evening (formal) Mother of the bride dress or full length evening gown with train and matching jacket.
Fantasy. “Scarlett O Caty” replica Civil war gown or going back even further Marie Antionette with panniers and “piled high on top, ringlets down the side.
Photos of “all of the above” are available on my CDH profile
- April 27, 2021 at 12:26 am #484545Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 85Replies: 1821Has thanked: 6499 timesBeen thanked: 10200 times
Hi Kimberly, hope you’re well…
I love 50’s retro dresses….love the bright colours and the swiiiiiiish.!!!!…but most dresses are fine depending on the occasion….
I agree with Ms Plumb…loose and flouncy so I don’t need to tuck too much, just tight panties…. It’s getting warmer in England now, so all that strapping around the undercarriage is a no- no…..
Check the returns policy when you buy….then try EVERYTHING…there will be a style you love, but look at the fun you can have searching for it…
huggs, grace x
- April 26, 2021 at 11:16 pm #484532stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 157Replies: 2114Has thanked: 3378 timesBeen thanked: 9971 times
A-line skirts and skater dresses. Unlike tight bodycon styles you can get away without having to tuck or wear a gaff, and they help with the illusion of having the hips you don’t have. Similarly vintage below-the-knee ’50’s style dresses.
In summer I like flowy dresses – right now dresses with ruffles are fashionable. And longish boho-style strappy dresses.
- April 26, 2021 at 7:28 pm #484484DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
- May 1, 2021 at 1:45 pm #486414
- April 26, 2021 at 7:00 pm #484476
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.