Tagged: Favourite season poll
- September 22, 2021 at 7:08 pm #546943Kelly TerryParticipantRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 29Replies: 356Has thanked: 464 timesBeen thanked: 1493 times
Now Fall/Autum is here (never really understood this english custom that fall/autum starts the same day no matter if you are in Hawaii or Greenland) and polls finally works again I wounder what season you like best when it comes to go out in public dressed.
Yes, many may like summer but do you like to show of that much skin in public?
For me it’s fall and winter since then I can cover up my manly body better.
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by Kelly Terry.
- September 27, 2021 at 6:55 pm #549336DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 143Replies: 3099Has thanked: 19045 timesBeen thanked: 10834 times
- September 27, 2021 at 6:52 pm #549332
- September 27, 2021 at 12:19 pm #549151
- September 27, 2021 at 11:34 am #549136
- September 27, 2021 at 11:24 am #549129Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 744Has thanked: 47278 timesBeen thanked: 1702 times
It isn’t so much the season that affects my desire to go out dressed, it’s the weather. I’m like Goldilocks; it has to be just right. I hate the roasting heat and humidity of summer. I hate the freezing wind and icy roads of winter. I also despise the cold rain of early spring and throughout autumn.
If my area could stay sunny and in the 70s all year, I’d be a happy girl.
- September 24, 2021 at 8:12 am #547647MacKenzie AlexandraAmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2016Topics: 43Replies: 608Has thanked: 159 timesBeen thanked: 1524 times
- September 24, 2021 at 6:35 am #547578MichelleLadyRegistered On: October 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 29Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 131 times
- September 23, 2021 at 10:50 am #547176Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 419Has thanked: 693 timesBeen thanked: 1835 times
I love spring as it is the time for the butterfly effect. To wake up in the light and wear brighter things after the layers of winter.
I used to fear summer as the make up would fail and was afraid of melting away. That is long passed and I have perfected my make up to last all day and wear light and airy dresses. As summer transcends into autumn the days are still warm so a light cardi is required but the temperature will soon drop and the cocooning of thicker and warmer clothes beckons.
- September 23, 2021 at 10:31 am #547159ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 415Has thanked: 1181 timesBeen thanked: 1832 times
This is a very hard question for me because there are things I absolutely love about each season and things, well, I just wish they’d go away, never to return.
My spouse and I absolutely love the holidays from Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day, St. Patrick’s, to Easter. We decorate for each and every one. The house and even yard have festive look! The rest of the year? Well, I’m a vet, and I gladly put the flag out for Memorial Day, Flag Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, (and of course Veterans Day but we’re fully decorated already) but those days just aren’t the same.
I love the Fall, crisp, cool days, I’m an astronomy buff so night visibility is definitely clearer, apple cider and hot fresh doughnuts, pumpkin pie, candy corn. But, I can’t stand the leaves, we have 3 huge oaks and between the leaves and acorns, whew! What a pain to remove.
I love the winter, I’m an avid alpine skier, season tickets locally, visiting family in Colorado for big time skiing, the fresh snowfall giving the landscape a clean white look. But I hate sleet, too much snow that even my tractor/blower has trouble, it’s now almost too cold at night to be out to observe the stars. Gray days starting in February through March.
I love the Spring, tulips, redbud, lilacs, warmer days, getting out on my bicycle, kite flying. Can’t stand the deer eating everything in sight, snow immediately followed by dreary rain, slush, the trees shedding seeds, seed coverings, tiny flowers, (you should see the maple helicopters!), everywhere.
I love the Summer, warm days, kayaking, golfing, hiking, going to the beach and swimming (salt and shark free!). I can’t stand it when it gets over mid-80’s, too darn hot.
Definitely a love/hate relationship throughout the year. Oh well.
But out and dressed? Probably the cooler…and darker months. Night time hides lots of, um imperfections.
- This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by ChloeC.
- September 23, 2021 at 9:33 am #547133Debbie LynnLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 116Has thanked: 708 timesBeen thanked: 595 times
- September 23, 2021 at 8:38 am #547118Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 659Has thanked: 605 timesBeen thanked: 2855 times
My fave season is coming up, winter. I enjoy the cooler temps, as I can dress up without overheating.
Fall is next as the temps start falling and it gets darker out sooner, which means I can use the darkness as a cover if I decide to out out as Wendy.
- September 23, 2021 at 7:46 am #547097Alicen ThairmsLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 43Replies: 366Has thanked: 1392 timesBeen thanked: 1022 times
- September 23, 2021 at 4:38 am #547042Sally DrinkwaterDuchessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 319Has thanked: 98 timesBeen thanked: 1261 times
I selected winter but the any of the early dark nights will do.
My first fully dressed outing as an adult was to a Xmas market, the fact that that I was totally ignored gave me the confidence to carry on for the rest of the year!
- September 23, 2021 at 4:35 am #547041Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 20Replies: 303Has thanked: 1405 timesBeen thanked: 1546 times
I am pretty much a home bound gal who very rarely has an opportunity to get out. However, come fall, I can dress more androgynous and enjoy being out a little bit. It is do much easier to blend in and just go about the day.
- September 23, 2021 at 3:34 am #547019Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1492Has thanked: 25290 timesBeen thanked: 5937 times
Fall/Autumn and Spring for this girl. Though I dress all year, 365 days, I do believe that my fall and spring outfits outnumber the other two seasons. Not by a great margin, just more choices. The fall outfits do give me more mix and match sets. And any excuse for stockings is justified. Fall also gives me a reason wear all of my boots as well as all the earthy browns and golds and a little orange.
- September 23, 2021 at 3:27 am #547018Anya CarpathiaLadyRegistered On: September 8, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 82Has thanked: 82 timesBeen thanked: 350 times
So relieved Autumn is in front at the moment. It’s the colour fascination that gets me. The mood and mystery of misty mornings create ideal “ outing” walks which, perhaps, are the stepping stones of progress to freedom? Hark at me- the mist gets you!!! It’s all that poetry I tried yesterday!! Go on- get walking!!
- September 22, 2021 at 11:12 pm #546986Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 101Replies: 952Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 3539 times
Down here in Oz any time between early April thought until late September/ early October.
We dont have a snow/ice problem, (though we did have an earthquake yesterday)…So like many others it much easier to “hide” in autumn through to early spring fashions.
For “mature elegant lady”me, ????) that means skirts, blouses and a drop waist cardi to hide my lack of a female “rear end”. Never jeans, I can wear them all day every day. Plus of course levely lingerie and stockings or panty hose undeeneath it all
I’m also keen on the ‘clever secretary” look. black skirt, jacket and heels with a pretty white blouse. For dinners out, an elegant 3 piece suit with skirt cami and jacket on top. Plenty of examples in my public photos
Far too hot to even think about being femme in summer with temps regularly over the 100F /40’c mark.
So its drab shorts and T shirt and these days at least for me, panties under the shorts and if its not too hot a light summer cami under the t shirt.
Plus I am a firm believer in the old CD adage, “crossdressing is a winter sport”
- September 22, 2021 at 8:44 pm #546973Falecia McGuireLadyRegistered On: January 11, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 178Has thanked: 261 timesBeen thanked: 1017 times
It kind of depends on location. In KC, it too hot in the summertime to ever feel comfortable no matter what you’re wearing. And, winter can be slippery. So, let’s say this, the fall and spring weather is better no matter when it occurs. But . . . I love skinny white jeans. My wife says you can’t wear white after Labor Day. What’s a G to do?
- September 22, 2021 at 7:18 pm #546952T.J. ByronRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 463Has thanked: 5857 timesBeen thanked: 2101 times
I have always loved SPRING AND AUTUMN, for weather patterns, and abilities to dress and not Sweat your ass off. Hate Summer; sweat dripping from under your wig, under the layers of clothing.
Hate Winter; only because of possible SNOW, a 4 letter word!!
- September 22, 2021 at 7:16 pm #546948PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 276Has thanked: 1101 timesBeen thanked: 1067 times
- September 23, 2021 at 3:39 am #547021Anya CarpathiaLadyRegistered On: September 8, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 82Has thanked: 82 timesBeen thanked: 350 times
I suppose it might make a difference when you are a “ sensual wearer”? Maybe summer means you wear less clothes whereas colder months you can “ feel the material” more?
There again, summer allows light fabric materials, more delicate perhaps. No, sorry, Autumn for me. You choose. The help of nature’s colours allows me fit the picture😇.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.