• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls, i hope you are all great and enjoying yourselves to the full 🙂 .

Now, i want to bring to your attention, a new feature we have added to CDH. Its quite simple, its called ‘featured members’ . All you have to do to qualify, is to be active in the community or have some other qualities, such as photos, forum posts, answering posts, regular in the chat room etc. The aim of the featured members is to give our members our heartfelt thanks for your support and participation, because without you, there would be no community, friends or just somewhere to relax and have fun 🙂 . So girls, now you know what it is about, we shall be posting four of you lucky members every week, for one whole week, every week, how proud would you feel? i know i would!!!

Of course, before you are posted, we shall message you first, just to get your permission. We realise some of you prefer to be kept ‘low profile’ and that is fine with us 🙂 .

You can find our latest featured members on the Home page and we now have a forum for featured members where you can give them your thankyou’s too! please give them your support, make them feel loved and appreciated for all their hard work and time they put into CDH. Thanks for all your support girls, keep active and busy! you could be featured soon!!!

Fiona xxx

Of the three currently featured memners, I know two, and count them as strong members of our community. This is nothing against any of them at all. I’m quite sure they didn’t request to be featured.

I simply disagree with the premise of this agenda.

When someone makes a positive (or negative) impression on me I remember who they are, if they didn’t leave an impression I simply have no need to. If someone needs to be told(or asked) to thank me for something I’ve done, it rings empty and I don’t need it.

There have been a number of ladies on this site who have indeed made a positive impact on me and my thoughts, they have been thanked and on a number of occassions I have messaged them to personally thank them for their ongoing efforts to provide a positive environment. Thats the way it should be, and that should be enough.

I’ve seen that many others write words of praise as well without being prompted. I too have have had them for posts that have touched somebody. These randomly recieved personal words mean so much.

Most of us, including the featured ladies contribute what we can to help ourselves and those around us grow and be stronger, more confident people. Not for some elicited recognition.

Anonymous

I have to admit even though I have been selected this first week, I’m not sure how this will go down over time.  I can see people who put in a lot to helping others on a regular basis, and have come across others who may not contribute to the forums as much but leave many a positive comment on other people’s photos or wall.  Do these people need to be deliberately selected for individual praise now and then?  It is nice to find you have been chosen as worthy of some recognition but do we want to have a situation of “be a great member and you may be recognised”?

If you see this as “the powers that be” are thanking some people for their contributions, rather than an exercise in eliciting praise from the membership, does that make it a better feature?  I guess it could help newcomers who faced with an ever increasing member base, can initially find someone to start talking to, but just reading through the forums will give a good insight into what makes many of us tick.

I did have a concern when the “featured photos” started up.  What if someone posts photos over many weeks and never gets featured.  How will they feel?  However if the “featured photos” wasn’t there, they could still feel bad about not getting any likes or comments.

I am grateful that this site exists, that people work bad behind the scenes to make it the place it is, and that it is populated by so many wonderful ladies.  I need no extra praise for my small cog in this machine: belonging is enough.

Hi Olivia, i’m sorry you feel against the featured members agenda. For now, it is only a pilot agenda, to see how it goes. As with anything we introduce, there will always be positives and negatives. This idea is not a competition to see who can do the most! its simply about giving members a big thankyou, be it if you are a regular, or you simply have other qualities. True, we all have our special talents and these will be recognised over time. Is it really so bad to give a heartfelt thanks to members that work tirelessly, spending their time and trouble, answering the many questions on the forums, chatting in the chatroom and giving help and advice there, let alone the many pictures and articles submitted here. No, i stand by my guns here, i for one am eternally grateful to all of you, for helping me in my moments of distress and helplessness. If its so wrong to just say thankyou to someone for helping, then its a poor do.

I respect your opinions Olivia, and i’m grateful you are honest enough to post them, many people wouldnt, opinions like this do help in our ventures, whether they work out or not! but you can be rest assured, they are only done with the best possible intentions 🙂 . No hard feeling Olivia! i still love ya! xxx

Fiona xxx

Barbara
      Lady

I see no problem honoring someone for their contributions to this site. I think it’s a great idea. I doubt that any of the ladies here would start answering more questions or making more comments just to win the prize.

Barbara

Anonymous

I’ve never been asked to be featured before, so thought I’d run with it.

It did make me feel more possessive of the site, like an ambassador for the week, and brought in a lot of friend requests – thank you, ladies!

I couldn’t quite see the point at first, and wondered if I should update all my photos and spruce up my profile – you know how you feel the need for housework when people are coming round…

But I didn’t have time for that, so let people discover who I am. Just some guy who likes dressing up like everyone else here.

I love that people find me inspirational, as I see all the fears and doubts of guys who feel lost and unsure, and want to let them know it’s fine – you’re not weird or sick, it’s a perfectly normal thing to do, but some folk have a distorted perception.

So as a kind of temporary ambassador role, it’s a good thing, which makes one feel more proprietary and involved.

It does put you in the position of being noticed more, which is something many of us have probably become adept at avoiding…

I think the feature is fine, if girls want to be featured – maybe a bit more notice for housekeeping purposes?

Love Laura

Hi Laura, i am so pleased you have given this a positive note. As with anything new, you have to see how it fares out. We will always and i repeat always! gain permission first off any potential members. If they say no, its perfectly ok, you have to understand, not everyone wants to be in the limelight! If the Poll gains enough support and members agree, its the way forward, then we shall resume the featured members. As long as you are happy Laura, that is all i care about!! 🙂 .

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

Love your new profile picture, Fiona!

you wouldnt believe how long it took! over an hour! still, it was all good experience 🙂 . thanks for your sweet comment! 🙂

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

I totally would believe it took over an hour!

It takes me that long at least… I never complain about how long it takes my wife to get ready to go out. I 100% understand!

Love Laura

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?