Would you be interested in forums/a call in program that specializes in crossdressing/transgender image consulting? And if so, what topics would you like to see covered?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • No, this would not interest me
  • Yes, this would interest me, but I’m not sure which topics I’d like
  • Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice about color coordination
  • Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice about types of clothes to wear to real life events like interviews, work, etc
  • Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on feminine mannerisms and actions
  • Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on proper clothing care
  • Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on makeup
  • Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on hair styling
  • Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on choice of makeup and clothes colors that complement my complexion
  • Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on age appropriate clothes selection
  • Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on something not listed above (please elaborate in a response)
  • Creator
    Topic
    Tiffany Alexis
    Founder
    Registered On: March 28, 2019
    Topics: 399
    Replies: 1245

Hey everyone! This poll is different from the rest I’ve put up. There may be a new feature coming to CDH, where there is a new forum and eventually a live call in show over topics relevant to successfully dressing as cd/transgender. It will be intended to go beyond the recreational aspects of it and be most fully geared towards those who dress more than recreationally. It’s goal will be to provide useful information on such topics as good color coordination, proper care of clothes, selecting the correct outfits for things like job interviews, meetings, school, etc. Things that would help us through real life events. This poll is to collect data on what issues y’all feel are pertinent to this. I strongly encourage you to elaborate with responses. The program and forum will be staffed by actual style and image consultants who specialize in transgender/Crossdressing advice of this nature, and it is a direct result of the Unity project.

She who dares, wins.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Amy Myers
      Participant
      Registered On: February 11, 2019
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 766

I answered that I need help with better makeup application, and choosing the myriad of cosmetic products on the market.

Amy

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

I like that. Types of makeup and brand strengths would be a good topic.

She who dares, wins.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Falecia McGuire
      Participant
      Registered On: January 11, 2019
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 69

I’m sorry.  I did not intend to criticize your efforts.  Tiffany, I believe that you specifically are among those leaders who make this site what it is.  I think I written some previous complimentary responses; maybe not enough.  Thank you!

FAM

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

I really should have reread that reply and toned it down a bit, it was worded a lot sharper than it should have been. I did not intend to unload quite like that, I’m sorry. I have no ill will towards you, you’ve been a solid contributor to the site and you’re a good person. Regarding your idea, I think a local chapter meet up program would be a cool idea which has some merit, I’m just personally way overextended right now, but it could be revisited in the future.
        Tiffany🦋

She who dares, wins.

Leonara
      Ambassador
      Registered On: October 13, 2015
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 305

😌

Falecia McGuire
      Participant
      Registered On: January 11, 2019
      Replies: 69

I voted no because I don’t think our refined appearance, while important, is what most of us need help with.  I think a program that reached out to other CDs, Trans, or gender-fluid individuals to talk about their local (and beyond) experience interacting with other – fellow travelers or those who accept us.  I’d love to go to a decent/clean place/bar/restaurant to meet others or bring friends.  All I know about in my area (pardon my judgment) are kind of sleazy.  Maybe sleazy is the best we can do?  Maybe the really upbeat sports bars just aren’t ready for fans that wear logo-wear from a different rack?  Could I be a Chiefs fan in skinny jeans and red pumps and still drink a craft beer?
      FAM

Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

Not to be a downer, but the experts that are going to be helping (without compensation) are from specific fields, not undifferentiated “on demand” people. It’s also taken me hundreds of hours, also volunteer, to get to the point I can set this up, and another few dozen hours of work to specifically get these people lined up. I put those poll subjects up because they are a sample of what’s available. To be clear, this is the only site on the internet that I know of that is even trying to have something like this.
        Also, if you had looked at the project I have built, Unity, you might notice that a large portion of it DOES EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE SUGGESTING I DO ALREADY, although not just in your area but across quite a large portion of the world. Also, I’ve contacted every single person I know, and many strangers, myself, to do just what you are suggesting, except that I have already done it.
        I’ve done all this while working 60-70 hours a week at my paying job. Feel free to lend a hand if you think my efforts have been deficient.

She who dares, wins.

Rochelle Mills
      Participant
      Registered On: March 16, 2019
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 105

Such a great idea, Tiffany!  I checked yes to just about all the boxes.

Even though any live session would not capture all interested CDs, this could be a good way to directly provide helpful advice to CDs who want to improve their female presentation, especially when opportunities arise to get out in public.  So much to learn about how to let my inner woman out!

Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

Thank you Rochelle…I am really looking forward to getting to roll this out

She who dares, wins.

Leonara
      Ambassador
      Registered On: October 13, 2015
      Replies: 305

Tiffany
      What a great topic for a forum. I have embraced
      CDH for the support that I have received from all the lovely ladies here. I would be available to give advice and help for “age appropriate fashion”
      Thank you for coordinating this program
      Leonara

Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

Well, may take you up on that….thanks!!

She who dares, wins.

https://images.crossdresserheaven.com/7mjKzw-RsH54RL7/w:auto/h:auto/q:75/https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 20

Mannerisms, behavior adaptation, posture and movement, voice modulation,  how to not laugh so loud people can locate me in a Wal-Mart Supercenter.

Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

If you ever get lost in one of those supercenters, the laugh might save your life 😁 actually all of those are areas I could use help on too

She who dares, wins.

https://images.crossdresserheaven.com/7mjKzw-RsH54RL7/w:auto/h:auto/q:75/https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymous
          Inactive
          Registered On:
          Replies: 20

I have a big voice that I have to learn to temper.

Playing as game-master for Dungeons and Dragons, I already have some “experience” working on a feminine voice for characters I portray to players. I just need some refinement.

Tiffany Alexis
            Founder

Yeah I hear ya, quiet tiffany is never an adjective said about me, but is commonly a phrase said to me

She who dares, wins.

Paula F
      Participant
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Replies: 268

I checked most of the ‘yes’ choices, as I, and maybe a lot of other’s would like second or third opinions about some of the fashion choices we make.

The one thing I would like to see more of would be what fabrics go better together and what should be avoided.

PaulaF

Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

This would be one of the areas I’d like to see one on from a personal perspective too, the fabric choices. I’m not well versed in that myself.

She who dares, wins.

Lucinda Hawkns
      Participant
      Registered On: September 1, 2015
      Replies: 1104

I am looking into color coordination and color or nylons to wear with my dress, then how to apply eye shadow better and applying foundation and cover up and which color to use, I have trouble with eye shadow not applying it right, looks like  a mess job apply. how to apply 2 tone. other then that voice I am not too worried about for I don’t go out doors just yet.

Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

This will definitely be covered at some point. Pm me if you want a couple of tips before that happens, I found a couple of things that helped me back a few months

She who dares, wins.

Alison Anderson
      Participant
      Registered On: October 15, 2018
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 107

I’m afraid I have to answer no.  First is the idea of live.  With people all around the world, there is no good time for everyone.  Even if the time period seems good, there may be other commitments that would prevent me from attending

Second, I feel I would do a lot better with individual advice.  What color eye makeup goes best with my skin tone, my hair color, my eye color? Did I apply it right?  If not what did I do wrong; how can I fix it?  What can I do to do a better job at contouring my face?  If I want to exaggerate my eye liner for an evening out, what goes best with my face?  What colors go best (or should I avoid) with my skin tone?  I got the (lipstick/eye liner/eye shadow) looking good on the right side of my face, how can I duplicate it on the left?  How do I fix it when it’s wrong?  Did I get the mannerism right, or am I still off a bit?  I can’t get any of this from an online event.

I have a friend who teaches these kind of things as part of her transformation business.  Yes I’d have to pay, but I get the advice and feedback that I personally need, and schedule it at a time convenient for me.

Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

The people who put on the shows will be available for individual services as well, although that would be a pay for service. This is intended for general info about topics that are a bit more difficult than “just google it”, and some individual questions answered.
        There will never be a good time for everyone. The world is too big. However, we plan to record the shows and archive them, so that those who missed them can view them, and those who want to re watch them can also do so.

She who dares, wins.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Jennifer Swanson
      Participant
      Registered On: April 20, 2019
      Topics: 39
      Replies: 143

Maybe we could start with a listing of resources.  Two retail shops that have lots to share are Ulta and Morphe.  Morphe is a cosmetic store that caters to crossdressers and is actually part of Ulta.

Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

We actually already have this, under local places as part of Project Unity. Every ulta store is already in there, along with 7000+ other places. It’s the largest directory of cd/tg friendly resources on earth, and I’ve been building it since August, along with Deanna Lund (she put the ultas in)

She who dares, wins.

Marianne
      Ambassador
      Registered On: May 20, 2017
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 450

I think this is a great idea and will be closely following the development.

Marianne

Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

Cool marianne…this one is definitely going to happen in at least some form, may expand even more. I’ve already got two partners lined up, both with a ton to offer.

She who dares, wins.

Anne Preuss
      Participant
      Registered On: December 13, 2018
      Replies: 457

I ticked off all the yes boxes.  Regarding the “not listed”, perhaps mental health providers who could provide relationship advice to CD’s and TG’s.  I realize that much of this requires more one-on-one consultation with a gender therapist but perhaps some mental health topics could be covered?

Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

That is something I could look into, there are some medicolegal considerations I will have to think about and answer before I could do that, and it would likely require insurance and such. I think that it would be tricky to get. Listing physicians and therapists is one thing, but advice live on mental health topics can blow up in our face, especially if something were to happen to someone that was bad after the fact.

She who dares, wins.

Breanna Leigh
      Participant
      Registered On: November 30, 2018
      Topics: 33
      Replies: 413

I really feel this would be a interesting program and very beneficial to those who are struggling with make up, clothing, style ect.. Not to toot my own horn but I was born with an eye for style and get steady compliments on my ability to coordinate clothing, shoes, make up and accessories. Maybe I developed my ability looking thru Sears/Montgomery Ward Cataloges at womans clothing as a kid, and I am very comfortable choosing my own clothing, shoes, ect. So I probably would not have very much use for it but I know others would.

What I would be interested in discussing would be programs focused on finding financial assistance and criteria to get assistance for transition surgery. I have written letters to 8 different organizations who support gay/trans rights and have been denied help from each one. Where does a transgender person in their late 50’s find help to overcome serious gender dysphoria thru surgery. I have my letters of recommendation for surgery from two licensed therapist, and live/work as a female and have a surgeon willing to do my surgery, for a price. I simply cannot afford surgery on my own right now and I feel I am running out of time because of my age. I have communicated on line with post op trans girls who qualified for assistance in their state but were unable to help me in Arizona. Is there ANYONE out there who understands state and federal guidelines regarding this issue, if anything exists under the present administration??!

Tiffany Alexis
        Founder

It may be a topic that we could cover on TGH, the program is going to expand as I find new partners who are willing to participate

She who dares, wins.

Tiffany Alexis
      Founder

Do you mean the mannerisms or something else?

She who dares, wins.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
/* Store links open in new tab */
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account