Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Vanessa Law
      Managing Ambassador

Hey ladies,

Please let me know if you have any feedback on the new chat experience, or if you encounter any issues.

Thanks
      Vanessa

I found that on a laptop or desktop it works great! however, on a mobile phone when I enter chat, the page completely freezes up

MaryJo
      Baroness

It freezes Chrome pretty regularly, to the point where Chrome asks if I want to wait for the page or kill it. Waiting doesn’t help.

The variant where it is embedded on the page does not show the list of participants, although you mentioned you might fiddle with the appearance of that.

In general, it’s IMHO a really bad UI/UX decision to hide functionality of something until :hover. This is the case with the “delete” functionality. I’m wondering if maybe that’s some CSS where the :hover pseudoclass can be removed or altered. Perhaps instead of visibility or display, the color could change?

Can the message arrival time be moved to the left? I think for continutity, it would be handier to see it in an invariant place instead of at the end of the (variable length) message.

Choosing text foreground is a nifty feature, but without changing the background color to something complementary makes some participants’ text difficult to read. And because the embedded (blue), popout, and mobile (white) interfaces feature different colors, what’s legible for some is difficult for others.

If it matters, my system is amd64 Xubuntu Linux 14.04, and I use mainly Firefox and sometimes Chrome.

Vanessa Law
        Managing Ambassador

Hey hon,

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you let me know if it’s still giving you script errors? Sometimes it’s a certain ad that does this. I haven’t been able to get the same thing to happen on my side.

I changed the embedded view to be the same as the one you can pop out, and this fixes the text color concerns as well, because it’s on a white background.

-v

MaryJo
          Baroness

As far as the scripting problems…I should have said earlier much earlier than this, sorry…my browswer doesn’t freeze up anymore. Thank you for working so much on chat (last week of 2015 was especially challenging for you, I know).

MaryJo
      Baroness

I’ll add the BIGGEST improvement is the individual message size seems a whole lot less limited.

MaryJo
      Baroness

The options have disappeared…such as, being able to set state (available, busy, invisible, offline), status message, and (most immediate concern) the checkboxes for sound/no sound and so forth. Can they be restored?

With few exceptions, the Mobile chat app has worked flawlessly even with a dated phone like the one I have. It is very user friendly and have only experienced a few glitches. But overall, I have had very positive experiences. Kudos, to those responsible for the mobile app and all of their hard work.

Hugs
      Kelci

I’ve been using the app hard, other than always showing me on line with wifi if I don’t log out its great. The chat works seemlesly, no scrolling issues.

Great job on the app.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?