Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

As many of you know, I came out to my youngest daughter a few weeks ago and she seemed supportive. Well today she and her friends are going to the Stonewall Pride parade. I offered to go, but she made it pretty clear she didn’t want me to. Instead, her friend’s father, who isn’t nearly as supportive of the LGBTQ community as I am, is going to take them. I wasn’t planning on going dressed (although deep inside I really wanted to), but I wanted to go just to be a part of the community. I can’t help but think that maybe she was afraid I would say something that would let my secret out and embarrass her. Maybe I’m just over analyzing it and being too sensitive. Maybe it’s just a teen being a teen and not wanting a parent around, regardless of gender issues. All I know is I feel very alone and very blue. I can’t even get dressed and go by myself because I will have to pick her up when she’s ready to come home. So, I’m sitting here alone, in drab, watching a Godfather marathon.  🙁

Take the day Elise, as low as it seems. Over analysis is a good assumption. Teens don’t normally care to have a parental unit in tow, and she may indeed be being more careful until she knows the state of things with you. Another discussion to clear the air may be in order.

The sun will shine again for sure!

Thanks Liv:

I just picked her up, and by chance my eldest daughter called while we were in the car. She’s the only other one who knows and she said something about my cross dressing (knowing they both know), so I said “I think your little sister is uncomfortable talking about that”, and she acknowledged she was. I knew that would be the case. It’s one thing for her and her friends to be gay or trans, but quite another for her only parent to be. I guess I can understand that. Anyway, at least my eldest fully accepts me and said I’ll be getting a father’s day present that I shouldn’t open in front of anyone else. So I’ve got that to look forward to. Anyway, thanks for being here and listening to my depressed ramblings.

Hugs,

Elise

Hi Elise,
          Sounds like its coming around.
          Sorry for the late reply. Teenagers today are a lot more open minded than we were.
          Give her some time,she and you will be fine.
          It sounds like you are a great parent.

Patty

Anonymous
      Lady

Elise

Leave the gun, take the cannoli!  Chocolate or ice cream always help. As a teen most things are about her and how it will affect her. I truly believe it has little to do with you dear. Hang in. She will grow with time and appreciate your honesty with her when she’s ready, and that may be a while. Don’t push her, just love her.

🍷C

Elise

glad to hear the night sounds like it got better for you. She will come around. Hope you have a great day tomorrow.

Hugs 🤗 Connie

Glad to hear tings ended OK. All of you know where you stand at present and there is always tomorrow. Its tough being CD, but maybe its harder being a teenager. Hang on to the family you have.
      Davina.

Anonymous

Hi, Elise!

As others have shared, a teen is a teen with their parents regardless of gender (theirs or yours)… just know that your daughter loves you and never be discouraged if your love to her isn’t always recognizably returned…excited to hear what your Father’s Day present is! LOL!

BIG hugs,

Shawna

Dear Elise. I feel for you…..mine doesn’t give a rats ass for me….never has. She doesn’t know about me and never will. Last 2 generations of children are incredibily selfish and only think of themselves. I guess we tried but society turned them that way. Sometimes I tell mine that when she was born, I should have dropped her off at the Catholic Shelter….mean? I don’t think so. Have never received happy birthday or fathers day wish in my life.

Why don’t you just dress up and go parading if you like.Those who love you and are like you, will welcome you!  Good luck….

Dame Veronica.

I’m so sorry to hear that Veronica. I’ve been very lucky. For the most part my kids are great. I think I was just extra stressed because I’d worked 7 days straight and hadn’t had a chance to dress. Tonight after fathers day dinner, I locked my bedroom door and got all dolled up. It’s funny how much better I feel when I’m dressed. The smell of the makeup. The feel of my breast forms, stockings and high heels. And seeing the smile return to my face and the fire return to my eyes. I truly transform into a much calmer and happier person. I’m starting to wonder if I might just be at the start of a much longer journey than I originally anticipated.

i now where you all are coming from. i feel the same way at times. cant dress up and walk the house like a true female and be my self. dressed up all pretty and being me, i have to hide it from family members, like our 3 adult children 2 now out of home and 1 still home, daughter knows i dress up but never seen me dressed up besides a pic of me dressed up. wife knows and seen me dress up but will not help or let me sit in same room with her and talk like 2 woman

Yeah hun it’s probably just that they don’t think we’re cool. My son will cringe if I let slip some 90’s slang. They just think we’ll make them look geeky in front of their friends. It does suck though.

Stephanie:

I completely understand where you’re coming from. That’s the reason I haven’t told my other two children. They would never understand. But the two I told are big LGBTQ advocates (my youngest identifies a non-binary), so I felt that they would be accepting.  In fact, one of the reasons I did tell them was in case something did happen to me. I told my eldest to clean out all my femme clothes, makeup, wigs, etc., before the other two find them. Even in death I don’t want them to think less of me.

Hugs,

Elise

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?