Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Good evening ladies!!!

I just replied to a new friend who said their SO was concerned with someone making comments or being aggressive while she was “out”  & about.  My wife had the same comment when we first talked, and actually used the same term “Momma Bear” when it came to needing to defend me.  Here’s what I wrote:

“My wife brought up the same concern about being protective if I was “clocked” while dressed and someone made a comment. I assured her that I am the superior smart-ass, and can take care of myself. Like I said in a recent post – I walk like a lady but fight like Muhammed Ali. I can snap back a scathing comeback that would put any would-be offender in their place. The nice thing is, that the general public is very much on our side on this… the VAST majority of people support us expressing ourselves, and living our best lives.

So GET OUT SHOPPING ALREADY, honey!!! 😘. You deserve it! Haven’t you kept this all inside too long?! We only live once. Go get it!!

…and report back by posting a great story about your experience!! 😀”

Smooches & all the love,

~Philma

LOVE IT!!  ❤️😁

Thats actually true.  A lot of people don’t mind.  Especially if your simply going about your business.  Most of us love and want peace.  Not to mention those 3 or 4 inch heels can make for some serious pain if you use them right!  👠

EXACTLY!!  Life is far too short!

Robyn 🤗💋

Anonymous

You can’t educate pork Philoma, sometimes you just have to walk away.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Or just have a pig roast.  ( hey, I like pork )

Stevie

Bourbon? What kind?

I like Buffalo Trace and Elijah Craig.

Lee Ann

Tonight was Makers Mark.  I like most bourbons, but fancy the wheated types a bit more.  I also like them hot (like me!), and neat (also like me!).

Patty Phose
      Duchess

One of my major concerns when going out into the real world as Patty was encountering someone I might have to fend off. Fortunately that never happened.There has been a few times I’ve been followed and one time by a guy in his truck. I figured at some point he would just drive off but he didn’t.

I finally decided to make a stand against him at a Police Precient. I drove into the parking lot. He didn’t follow me in and finally drove off. Other than that, pretty much all my outings have ranged from total non event to very exciting and thrilling.

Anonymous

[postquote quote=413625]
      I thought it was going to be about bourbon Chocolate biscuits, till I put my glasses on Auntie.

Pork and apple sauce, yummy

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Mmmmm.  Pork and apple sauce, garlic mashed, red pickled cabbage ….*drool*.

And bourbon to wash it down with!  Or at least some sour mash whiskey.😎

” Auntie ”

Anonymous

Auntie..

When is your next dinner party??

garlic grace xx

Anonymous

Hi  Ms Leather Jacket

I get out quite a bit, and it does cross my mind sometimes….if a guy came on to me in the street….who would be more surprised….

be warned….this cute girl bites!!

Imagine his embarrassment, when he wakes up in hospital.!!!

a policeman taking his statement..” what’s the last thing you remember sir”…

mmm well, err , but, so, I was insulting this blonde and…..it all went dark !!!!

Smiles, grace💋💋

Understanding that most people will have either a neutral or positive experience when going out dressed, and many of those that unfortunately encounter some fool will find that they didn’t have much to worry about in the first place, since most fools are harmless. What worries me, and is a comment I have yet to read in posts that encourage us to ‘Get out there’, is what if you cant handle it if or when a negative incident occurs when out dressed. Much like yourself Philma, I do not suffer fools gladly and am very quick with a comeback. I do suffer from depression and anxiety, and my chief concern is a negative incident throwing into a downward spiral. They can be very damaging and take a long time to recover from. Through medication and avoiding situations that may lead me to spiral, I have managed to largely avoid heavy depression, but eventually I’m going to have to fight my own self defense instinct if I am ever to get out there. Anyway thanks for reading and if you’ve got some advice I’m all ears.

Cindy Lou

That’s actually a really good question!  What if you can’t?

With all respect intended, I dont have depression or anxiety, so I cant claim to know or have “quick” answers.  Have 2 daughters and an EX who struggle with anxieties etc.

As a veteran we had to learn to push thru those fears and anxieties.  We didn’t have much choice.

Aside from seeking out a counselor/therapist who deals with those, my advice is this –

Use the simple question of WHY?  Use it up to 5 times, or more if you need to, to get to the source of your fear or anxiety.  Finding the source of “WHY” does a negative or vulgar comment send me spiraling.

Here’s a make believe example

1. Why… does a negative comment affect me so badly?  Because Im sensitive.

2. Why… am I so sensitive?  Because I have low self-esteem/poor body image.

3. Why… do I have poor body image?  Because Mom said no one will ever love a fat girl.

AHHH!!!  Like I said, I dont claim to know, just offering a method on how to get to the source or “root” of the problem or anxiety.  Once you know the root of it, then it can be worked on and improved upon.

This could be a discussion thread of its own.  Same thing if a situation were to escalate to more than words.  A sensitive subject for some…but its a reality.  Crazy people out there.

Robyn ❤️❤️🤗

Thank you so much for taking the time to tackle a very difficult question Robyn. While I do suffer from anxiety which usually accompanies depression, its the depression part that is virtually impossible to control, medication does help but various events can trigger a depression spiral anyway. Tbh Robyn, I’m not sure there is a better answer than the one you’ve already offered, “As a veteran we had to learn to push thru those fears and anxieties.  We didn’t have much choice.

I’m on proper medication so its never going to be any better than this, eventually I’ll just have to step out the door and hope it doesn’t cost me too much if it goes bad, while simultaneously hoping that it goes well which could vastly enrich my day to day life. I suppose in the end  this is just my cross to bear, which I guess is no worse than someone fearing the walk because it could cost them their job.

I do have some experience of and with depression. What I can tell you about the chances of going out is take little steps like many here have said at different times. Take a short walk, do it at times when there are few about if it makes you feel safer. Go out in the car for a drive, do it at night nobody will notice. If you feel up to it, go through the drive thru. Little things that will help you feel safer going out there. And come back here and talk about it, share your feelings about it. You’ll feel braver with a little time and a few little trips. The fear of what might happen gets smaller with these little successes. Hope that helps.

Thank you, Bridgette, I will certainly keep it safe. For me though its not so much the fear of what might happen but the fear of how my brain will respond if something does. Ultimately I’ll just have to go for it and hope for the best.

Anonymous

Cindy Lou. sweetie, I would say looking at your profile pic, your lucky to have a beautiful feminine face. You make up is expressly done, and if you dress to these standards I think you will encounter to much confrontation. If you are shy and suffer the ability to deal with negative comments or worry about them before hand, then start to venture out slowly.” Small steps at a time” is a great yard stick to work to. My advice would be dress conservatively, so as not draw to much attention to yourself, if you drive that’s a great way to get out and get some dress time. In public try a big town or city, the more you become just another face in the crowd, the more you will find many people aren’t really looking at you. This is a great confidence booster in the early days. Avoid known areas of high concentration of drinking areas, as this is often the areas where conflict occurs. Confidence will come, but I best advice is to just walk away. I have two daughters and I tell any girl learn self defense moves, sure can be handy with a few direct hits. If you have close friends to go out with, then safety in numbers is always good. Good luck sweetie, remember many girls on here can vastly help you through experience, and support never be to shy to ask, as they will be only to willing to help. Love Amanda xx

Thank you Amanda, there’s a lot of good advice in what you wrote. Unfortunately, while I do have good taste in clothes, my photo is enhanced a lot through Faceapp, if I actually looked like that I’d burn every scrap of male clothing I have left. As for passing unnoticed, I don’t believe I have much chance from the neck up due to masculine features and I doubt I ever will, I’ll just have to ignore negative comments and avoid trouble spots as you suggested.

Anonymous

sometime you run into a smart ass who says some mean things. just ignore it. if he knows it bothers you he probably wont stop. if he sees a don’t phase you he’ll probably stop. most people are on your side. i had guys tell me if anyone gives me a hard time let them know and they will fight for me. i tell them i can take care of it, but i’m sure they would jump in to help. i’m not totally passable and probably never will be, but that doesn’t stop me from going out. if something happens, head for a store for safety. they always have cameras. or look for a group of people. they will usually help out a girl in need. never head away to someplace where they can get you alone and out of site. the only people i ever had any problems with are drunk. when you get drunk you get stupid and don’t care what you say or do. hold your head high and go outside. be confident in what you do and say. i’m sure you will get more positive comments, than negative ones.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?