Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi everyone. Now, i have been pondering on this question during my lunch break at work (its a wonder i ever get to eat anything!).

As most of us will be aware Cross dressing goes both ways, Male to Female and Female to Male but this raises an interesting question.

For most of us it is Male to Female, agreed? and it is obvious that Male to Female clothes are in fact Female (i know what you are thinking, what are you talking about Fiona? Have you gone mad?)

The problem arises when its the other way around Female to Male because most females in this day and age already wear what is deemed to be ‘Male’ clothing such as shirts, trousers, lumberjack shirts, Trainers and a whole plethora of other ‘Male’ things.

My question is, how can a Female cross dress when they already wear ‘Mens’ clothing?

Its a bit deep this question but certainly food for thought!!

Fiona xx

Anonymous

Fiona-Ann, that’s a very good question (I love these kind)!

For FTM crossdressers, I don’t think (at least from what I’ve read) that it’s really about the clothes, because as you observed, women really already have the freedom to wear whatever they want and no one says a thing about it (one of those little freedoms that GGs have that those of us who are MTF crossdressers wish we had). But for them, it is more about appearing as a man, which may mean growing body hair, not shaving under their armpits, growing facial hair (often through the use of hormones, similar to us taking hormones to help grow breasts), and acting less like a woman than a man (which gets more into the societal definitions of what is a man or woman), so not wearing makeup, not wearing high heels, doing their nails, or being “preety” or “feminine” (all those things that we want to do).

But from a pure clothing perspective, women can crossdress as men every day if they want and no one notices, or really cares. In fact, in you look at many men’s magazines, women wearing a man’s t-shirt of dress shirt is often considered to be sexy, so…

Anyway, that’s one MTF crossdresser’s perspective!

Hugs,

Holly

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I have a dear female friend, ( actually one of my lovely make up artists) who does the full “drag king” thing. Binds her chest, wears very masculine clothes and  of course does a great “fake  beard”. Not full time of course and when she reverts back from “Mick” to Melissa is all (very attractive) girl.

Back at Transformal 17, (Oz equivalent of Keystone et al) she and I made a “very happy couple”. Tho with me in my full Civil War replica “Scarlett O Caty” gown and red wig and she in ripped jeans and t shirt, perhaps it could have been a better mix…..LOL

Caty.

Women can (and do) wear everything men can wear and nobody bats an eye. And if she does nobody would even consider the term crossdresser of being applicable. O for equality in our time when the reverse will be true, and the term is retired to the history books.
      B x

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I have a friend who is transitioning F to M. When I first knew him he was working in another department and a very unhappy person. The appearance was very ‘butch’, a lesbian sadly taking a bit of bullying. It came as no surprise to hear he was tansitioning and I was asked to support him, which he accepted. At the moment he is on hormones, has hair growth, wears a chest binder, changed name and now works in another job as a male. He looks great and surgery is the next step.

The aspect of female crossdressers is equated to male crossdressers, they want to wear the clothes and appear as male. This should not be confused with women who wear male style clothes as for them it is more comfortable and society accepts that unlike males wearing womens clothes on a casual basis. Of course we see some extremes where the hair is cut in a male style and the clothes are exclusively male looking, maybe there is something underlying but still quite acceptable. When does it become crossdressing though as by all standards it is just that.

However we have to be mindful that there are a lot of the younger generation that dress androgynous and would have you cancelled  if you suggested they were crossdressing or trans as there are a multitude of ‘labels’ now. It is now considered a lifestyle and more acceptable yet , as crossdressers  or even trans of an age, we are still treated and seen differently. It’s a strange old world isn’t it……

Peta Mari
      Lady

We need to keep within the boundaries of terminology.

Within the sphere of crossdressing we are talking about those who like dressing as the opposite sex. (As against gender dysphoria / transgender.)

In many ways the traditional stereotypical “Tom Boy,” is the epitome of a female crossdresser. And is probably
      more acceptable in society than a “Fem Boy.”

I cant remember the name of the movie, which is about agirl student playing the role of a male soccer player.

I have wondered about this question for a long time.  I know that most women these days basically crossdress as men most of the time.😳  If you take away the under clothes and makeup, there doesn’t seem to be a difference.  So, when women go out in anything that could be considered male or female clothing, does anyone notice, do little kids ask why that lady is dressed as a man, of course not.  It doesn’t seem fair does it, and it isn’t.

These days if you see a woman out dressed in a really nice dress, heels and really good hair and makeup, you have to take notice, especially when you are a crossdresser, since you don’t even see many real women anymore out dressed that way.  So, most of us here like to dress that way, I know I do, because that is what my idea of a well dressed woman is.  I think now I completely understand why women want to get all glammed up and go out together to an event.

But, there is a clear double standard in clothing for women and men.  I personally haven’t been out in public where I can be seen by anyone.  But I have recently started noticing that if I do want to get to go out in public, I’ll have to start to “dress down” to not be noticed.  It doesn’t seem to make any sense that women have the opportunity to look like women, and more and more of them want to more or less crossdress as men.  ( no wonder so many of us underdress, we’re just dressing like women)

I’m not suggesting that we go back to the days of June Cleaver, where she would wear her dress, heels and pearls to do housework, but we should all have a choice as to what we wear, and not just the women.

I guess I got a little off topic though, sorry for that, but Fiona’s discussion posts seem to get me thinking about how I really feel. Thanks Fiona!

I see a big difference between the tomboy and fact most women were jeans and t shirts but it is certainly easy for someone who is in the middle of the spectrum to dress masculine.  For the “true” f to m, the one person I recall who I don’t know personally was from church.  Their dress was well dressed masculine (shirt, tie, slacks) with a guy style haircut, not pixie style.  I’m sure there are many out there that we just really don’t notice unless they are going to that extent.

Well it seems i have not considered the whole picture but only really seen it from a ‘Male’ point of view. This is the type of question that is bound to spark debate and i get these thoughts and ideas rolling around in my head, sometimes, without giving them a lot of thought.

I would like to say this however, that it is not my intention to have a dig at any part of the community, it was just a mere thought, seeing it how i saw it. Let the debate continue!!!

Love Fiona xx

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?