Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi girls I am not sure if this topic has been addressed before.

As many of us start going out en femme do you have to re evaluate your driving style?

I know I did.

I had the driving posture I developed in high school with my 65 mustang.

Left hand on the steering wheel about top center and my right hand on the shifter.

It was an automatic but I liked to manually shift it a lot.lol

Also the seat back had to be leaned back some what.you had to be cool.

I know it’s not what they teach in driving school or the manual.lol

It’s what they teach at the masculine drivng school.lol

Now with my feminine discovery I had to re examine my driving technique.

So after some careful studying I came up with  putting my hands at the top of the wheel close to ten and two and moving the seat up as close as my knees will permit.

Then moving the seat back more upright placing my chest much closer to the steering wheel.

Woman seem to drive with their upper chest area very close to the steering wheel.

My best friends wife is so close her chest almost touches the wheel and she isn’t that short.

So what are your observations and how has being feminine changed your driving style?

I look forward to hearing your inputs girls.

Patty

I don’t think I have changed my driving too much, but I was already dressing when I learned to drive.  Outside of driver’s ed, my first bf taught me with his car, a primo Mustang Mach 1 Fastback.  I did get some bad habits in that car, most of them driving, lol.  The biggest was learning to slip my heels, or sandals that didn’t have a heel strap, off of my feet before moving the car.  They got stuck under one of the pedals easily if they slipped off and also made it easier for me to properly use the gas pedal.  Vincent was white as a ghost the first few times he let me drive us somewhere.  I still don’t drive with floppy sandals on, and I have a hard time even walking in heels now, so that problem resolved itself over time.

My seat back is definitely more vertical than it used to be, but due to my height of 6’1″, it is still scooted back.  I drive a little Nissan Versa now, so I am usually almost even with the frame between the front and back doors.  Of course, I have to be in easy reach of the radio and CD controls, and my ever present cup of iced tea or soda in the cup holder.  Both hands on the wheel most of the time, especially in heavy traffic or construction.  My nieces tell me I drive like their mom, haven’t gotten a ticket in 30 years.  They on the other hand drive as crazy as I used to back in the last century.

PaulaF

Not to nerd out too much here, but I’ve been to several professional driving schools (high speed and every day driving).  Taught to both men and women students.

And the chest close to the steering wheel simply isn’t safe or smart regardless of gender.  Heel needs to be indexed on the floor, bend in the knees, arms extended.  That’s regardless of gender — if there’s a different style of “woman driving” or “man driving” than somebody is doing it wrong.  Fun post though!  Have not considered this topic 🙂

Hi Jenny,

Driving school excluded.

Look around at how women drive and I agree with you that it’s not safe to be too close to the wheel especially with airbags.

However if you look around a lot of women  drive very close to the wheel from what I see.

yes – it’s an interesting topic and observation for sure.  something i had never really considered before.

Both hands on the wheel and sit up straight. Maybe the only difference but driving in high heels can be tricky

Anonymous

Never really thought about it. I just get in the car and drive. I suppose i have addapted a method with wearing heals but never had any problems.

A lot of women seem to be straining to look over the steering wheel and hood.

They do sit straight up as deborah said.

They don’t slouch back in the seat with  one arm on the center console or one arm on the door. being cool.lol

Hi Patty

I find myself driving more carefully/defensively, and am calmer. Think that is mostly because I am afraid of getting into an incident or accident en femme, and subsequent explanations to breakdown services or police or other angry drivers, and most of all the fear of being taken to hospital (where I work) en femme.

❤️B

P.S. I Always make sure I have a spare pair of flat ballet pumps to wear when wearing heels and have to drive.

I’m just jealous you could drive a Ford Mustang as a first car.  Look up Austin Metro To see what I could afford to insure

No different for me and actually never crossed my mind. My seating position has always been more performance oriented, so I see no reason to change.

Also, the 10 and 2 positions were never really that good. 9 and 3 is much better. It allows you ~180deg rotation before you have to reposition your hands. In addition, 9 and 3 are much better if your air bag triggers…

[postquote quote=373037]

Do you raise the seat?

April (Pacific Princess)
      Ambassador - Editor

My first car was a 73 Ford Maverick (aka Ford POS).  Unfortunately there was absolutely nothing you could do to look cool in that car 🙂

These days I do tend to sit more upright, because I know my natural posture is a “male” slouch, which I hate.  I also tend to play with my hair and wave my hands about a bit more as I’m driving.  Not exactly sure why, though I think it may just be that I tend to be more relaxed when I drive as April.  That seems counter intuitive to me given my slight fear of getting pulled over by some angry Neandertal cop, but nonetheless, it’s how I feel.

I also always sit fairly far back from the steering wheel.  I really don’t like the feel of sitting close.

April

Well girls this week when your out and about or your riding with you S/O observe their driving style.

I know it’s not fashion but it’s part of the whole package.

Think about it.

Patty

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I have noticed how most women I’ve met sit upright and close to the wheel.  Sadly at 6’4″ with arms and legs that go forever, I need to sit as far away from the steering wheel as possible with the seatback reclined.  Looked okay in the old Firebird, but not as cute in a Elantra.

And no jokes about women drivers .  Lol.  Tho I could give a few examples …. 🙂

Stevie

I’ve only driven as Wendy a few times, but what I’ve noticed is I am way less aggressive as Wendy, and I follow all the rules of the road too vs drab mode.

I’m not as concerned about being pulled over by the police, but my big concern is road ragers.  As Wendy, I follow all road signs and laws, however people who follow me don’t like driving the speed limit so my biggest fear is they make take their anger out on me while I’m in femme mode.

One thing I haven’t figured out is how to top into both our tall vehicles in a skirt without flashing my undies to the world.

[postquote quote=373186]

Yes, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be powered. The driver’s seat in my MINI adjusts up and down, forward and back and seat back tilt. The up and down is a ratcheting action.  None of the actions are powered.

April (Pacific Princess)
      Ambassador - Editor

Was out driving again yesterday.  Drove into Seattle for some shopping, and to visit a friend.  Again I noticed how I am so much more at ease driving.  My typical on edge irritability rarely materializes (I would say never, except there are just some drivers who are so bad they would piss me off even if I was already dead).  Plus I like the occasional smiles I get as April. 🙂

Hugs all, April

K Swim
      Lady

I can’t really change my style of actually operating the vehicle. But when I am underdressed in a swimsuit and decide to risk having breast forms in place while doing so, I might have to hold the steering wheel a certain way to hide them while stopped at a traffic light or something. I would normally only take this risk while driving at night where I can’t be seen, but there are some areas I drive past that have a lot of street lights.

Anonymous

I think that I drive more cautiously and carefully, so probably better as Lucy than as a man! I found driving in heels remarkably easy, to my wife’s surprise, as she says she doesn’t! I was a bit worried about being stopped by the police but was not long ago when out for a drive as Lucy at night, and he was very nice and polite (I don’t think there is any problem with the police and TVs/CDs here in the UK now – certainly no legal problems) which gave me greater confidence for the future.

I tend to drive more carefully and follow the speed limit more closely. I also drive one handed less and keep both hands on the  wheel especially when turning.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?