Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello Ladies,

I am wondering when you girls are dressed do you attempt to talk in a female voice or do you speak in your normal male voice.  It would seem odd to me if we spoke in our normal male voice. I know there are voice training programs around to train you voice but I was just wondering what everyone does when they are en-femme.

Kathleen

Anonymous

I speak in my male voice but that’s only because I’ve never gone out so it’s just me and my gf. But if I was going out in public I would definitely try to go with a more female voice.

Hi Kathleen,

A great question.  I try a softer and quieter voice when out  dressed in public.
      Alice

Hi Kathleen,

I never did go out with fem voice how ever; Because my voice changed over time and with little voice training my voice is even more fem than before.

Michele

Anonymous

Kathe Perez has an online course and there is also an app for feminizing your voice. I went to youtube and did a search for Kathe Perez and she has some very nice videos. There is one with a girl named Rachel and she demonstrates her voice before and after. It is truly inspiring!

I have not tried to change my voice but the video that I mentioned above has peaked my interest as something I need to add to my “to do list.”

Kay

I would try to speak a little lower.

We can change a lot of things, but maybe voice is the toughest.

Hi Kathleen A more feminine way of communicating is the first thing my therapist recommended for me. It does help you feel more confidant when expressing your self. It takes a lot of practice . It can be difficult when you are living between two worlds. My problem is once i learned how best to express my self it became so automatic i just forgot the two worlds and is starting to become one.That can be a good thing if you decided to go forward and allowing how you feel is right. Take it slow and softer you will find your voice and the hand movements that will go along with voice. Good for you Luv Stepanie

Hi Kathleen what a great question ive never put much thought into it as ill never get to go into public lite as Stephanie and just as my loving wife at home I have allways used male voice but I need to start being a little more Stephanie in the voice department thank you for this and nice meeting you .

Stephanie Bass

Will check Kathe Perez vids Kay,i normally just speak in man mode and if I am out I try not to talk at all.

I never tried too but I definitely would try. Right now though I’d be more of a mute lol

Like to practice my voice from the vids on you tube and esp on the phone with salespeople. In public I think hand movements are also important if not just for being a distraction but always had a higher voice than most guys my age

Hi Kathleen,

I just this summer went out for my first time and I didn’t know what to do Honestly other than speak softly.

My friend Beverly Phillips made me aware of these videos where you can retrain your voice to sound truly feminine with a lot of work.

I need to start practicing this.

also CDH just had a video share regarding this vary topic.

Patty

Anonymous

Patty, I wanted to be attend the CDH  videos when they had them a  pull of weeks ago but because of other commitments.o wasn’t able to attend. I hope that they are still available here someplace.

Kathleen

I tend to speak more softly, but other than that, no real consideration.

When I’m dressed as Laura, I feel like Laura and just do whatever feels natural.

People can spot a fake a mile off, so I just project that yes, I am a real cross dresser!

Love Laura

Anonymous

I have had very limited situations where I had to say anything but this week a woman stopped me and asked where I got my sandals. I spoke a little higher and softer when I told her and she didn’t seem to look surprised at all. I also spoke to a check out clerk and it went good too. But I don’t really try to pretend with a voice that I know will not work.

Carla

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

I often wear a name tag that includes my name and also, “Ask Me About Cross Dressing,” so people know up front that I am a male.  That being said, I do make an effort to act lady-like, which includes speaking in a soft voice and saying lady-like things.  However, I do not make any special effort to speak in a higher-pitched female voice.  I enjoy being effeminate, when I am cross dressed.

Over the years, I have met a few girls who give the impression of being a guy in a wig and dress, and their demeanor resembles that of a male.  They have been CDs for years and have no desire to be effeminate.  Perhaps they have high testosterone levels <grin>?

Peggy Sue, a very girly girl.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I just try to speak softly, and make sure my voice doesn’t go too low, but otherwise I speak normally. I don’t have an overly deep voice anyway, and seem to pass fairly well.

Amy

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I LOVE that about the nametag!! That’s so amazing to me…BOLD and great…

I hope to be that girl some day….

Thank you,

Dala

For short encounters with strangers I definitely feminize my voice.  I tried softening it, but then it becomes hard to hear.  I raise the pitch about half an octave, and if I remember, try to project it more through the nose (but not really speaking nasally).  This gives a smaller space to resonate with and makes the voice smaller but you can still get the volume you need.

For longer encounters, and particularly with people in my support groups, I tend to forget and my voice drops back to male.  Partly because many others there don’t try to change their voices, partly because they don’t care, and partly because it is a lot of work and you have to remember to keep it up.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?