• This topic has 13 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So everybody else has a femme name, I’ve put cardigan girl for now. I’ve thought about this for a long time and had lots of ideas, perhaps too many to be able to choose. So I’d like to ask you all to give me suggestions, and if a suggestion coincides with one of my own favourites, that might help me make the decision.

Basically I like to imagine myself as demure and conservative with classic tastes. I’m not aiming for a sexy look, and if you called me frumpy I’d actually take it as a complement. My style is somewhere between a kind of scruffy granny chic and 50s secretary if that doesn’t sound too wacky. I’m never happier than when I’m in a pretty cardigan or twinset(probably in a lovely pastel shade), maybe with pearl buttons and matching jewellery. I’ve done some knitting, some crochet and some cross stitch, though I’m ultra beginner at all of them. I’m hoping some day to get myself a sewing machine and I dream (probably one that won’t be achieved) of getting this  BA (Hons) Hand Embroidery at the Royal School of Needlework. I like to read cozy fiction with a needleart as the central theme. I was born in the 60s in the UK, and names from the 60s/70s will probably work better than some new name that didn’t exist back then.

All suggestions GREATLY appreciated.

Anonymous

Ok I am drawing from your post but how about ‘Pastel Pearl’ ?

It has the advantage of being unique, like you.

I like ‘Cardie’, but that may be more appropriate as a nickname. So…hmmm.

Why not give this random name generator a go?That site has a lot of resources for writers, and that includes name generators. Play with that one, and others, and see if anything lights you up!

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Perhaps Claire?  IT is a classic name you don’t see much of today! But I think it is a pretty name!

Anonymous

Hi Cardigan Girl – I checked your profile and you indicated that you’ve told a number of people close to you that you crossdress. Have you asked any of them? Your wife? I fortunately asked my Mom (before she passed) and without hesitation she said she would have named me Krista if I was born a girl. And that name is perfect for me. Mom’s are always good for getting great advice. Hope this helps, Hugs, Krista!

[quote quote=15574]Perhaps Claire? IT is a classic name you don’t see much of today! But I think it is a pretty name! [/quote]
      Yes, I do like Claire.

I know I’m late to suggesting, but when I think of classy eloquent only 2 names come to mind,

Eleanor very old fashioned, but Eleanor Roosevelt was one classy lady, and Dianah, the Late Princess of Wales. again a very lovely classy woman, who just happened to row up not to far north of me.

Anonymous

I’ve always found Millicent a very beautiful conservative name (whatever that may mean ;-). Milly, Millicent, Miss Millicent, Lady Millicent… Sounds like a girl who owns (at least) a double-digit number of cardigans and loves wearing them with esthetic dignity and retro charm.

Well, just a suggestion, dear…

Millicent Cardigance kind of has a nice ring to it 😉

xxx Bianca

Yes, I’m probably after something conservative, and I’m triple-digit in cardies, oops.

Emma, remember Emma Peel?

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Oh Gosh Cardigan girl you had me thinking. Obviously there could be family members you may emulate but I was thinking of some fun ones from the 60’s/ 70’s television pearl wearers.

Here we go.. Are these too ‘posh’ for you, Lady Penelope from ‘Thunderbirds’ , Margot from ‘The good life’ or Fanny Craddock the T.V cook

More down to earth would be Mildred of George and Mildred or Cybil – Fawlty Towers?

Hyacinth Bucket or, the ultimate pearls lady – Mrs Slocombe from ‘Are you being served’.

Lastly Nora Batty from ‘Last of the summer wine who scrubbed up in twin set and pearls.

I’m sorry, I cannot offer a suggestion.
      Your name, must signify in some way, who you are, and how you feel. It is such a simple thing to some, but to others, including myself, it is me, chosen by me, and Feels, like who I am.
      maybe doesnt make sense to lots, but, its my thought
      Hugs, Regi👸💖

Anonymous

Ok, CG, here goes.
      Corrine, Anise, Charmaigne, Letta. Glorianne, Francois, Collette, Ingrid, Bethan, Hettie, Clodagh, Angleique, Barberella ( ! ), Jeanette, Leticia, (Littie ??), Meloni, Siobahn ( spelling?? ) Gretta, Guardian Girl or just Guardian ( mm a bit powerful, even dynamic, that one. ), Glenys, Heather …….

( and some for the non-serious pile …
      Pat Ella, Girl Humour, Femme Fi, Jen Nora Tor etc,

but remember and note well …. its the personality that we desire … names can be a barrier for the daftest of reasons… ” Oh I knew someone with that name …. ”
      So, above all, ne yourself. And I think NONAME ( three syllables.) is fine too.

from the ever helpful…. Anya.

Now I know a few folk here who would have far better inspiration …. keep asking !

: ))) big hugs to all.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?