Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Just a quick question for all the beautiful ladies on this site.

When you go out dressed up, do you make your best attempt to use a feminine voice? As I would like to have a pretty and higher voice, mine is deep and I rarely get time to train.

Do you just forget about it, or try your best to “pass”?

Jaynee Laparte
      Duchess - Annual

I generally just concentrate on speaking in a softer voice. I know a number of women with deeper than normal voices, but they all speak in a softer tone than men. I’ve been doing it so long that it just kind of happens automatically now when the wig goes on.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I tend to speak in a softer tone. If dealing with a cashier or where a ‘thank you’ is required I would look at the person and breathe the words and it works well for short answers.

Brianna Bay
      Duchess

I try, probably sound more like a cartoon character 😅, but, what the heck anyways. Ill keep on trying.
      Good luck!!
      Xx
      Brianna

I really can’t say I’ve tried hard to do that.  I do have a fairly normal male voice.  When out (only 4 times so far) I haven’t given it a conscious thought.  I’ll be interested to read other’s experiences.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I pretty much do the same as Angela. If it’s just a short few words I will use a slightly higher, breathy voice but if it requires anything longer than that I use my regular voice. I try to speak softer and slower but it does not hide the fact that I am a male.

I’m working to perfect an acceptable female sounding voice. So far I can do it in short bursts, not conversant at all but enough to order a meal. I’m not sure if it is truly effective, but I have not been clocked because of it yet, at least to my knowledge. I’ve made recordings, they sound OK, but a long way to go to consider it truly effective.

The best way to describe it is I am using the upper register  of my singing voice – head voice they call it – but speaking rather than singing. Not easy to stay up there!  I was quite glad when virtually everyone at Keystone was using their regular voices!

It can be done girls, but it does take commitment, time, and practice. I started to try speaking in a feminine voice when I started going out dressed at the age of 14, and have perfected it since then as the years went by. I work with many people and guests at a reception desk, and I don’t think I could have successfully transitioned at work if I wasn’t able to speak in a feminine voice.  I don’t have a deep voice, never have, my singing voice is actually called a counter tenor, which means I can actually sing alto parts.

There are lots of online voice coaches that you can watch for free. I learned from a choir director where my natural singing voice is, and a lot of the techniques are similar to a lot of voice coaching. You can actually learn how to raise your larynx, or voice box, and train your muscles to keep your voice box in a higher position. As was mentioned you also learn to speak from the upper register of your singing voice.   I am so used to speaking in this voice now that it has become my natural voice, I don’t even have to try as it’s what comes out as soon as I speak. I actually have to think about how to speak in the old boy voice, and it sounds so horrid why would I want to anyway.

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I try my best to sound like a woman.

Anonymous

Yes, I do modify my speaking voice. I speak at a slightly higher register, perhaps a few notes up on the scale. I have a fairly wide vocal range and I used the Eva voice app which helped immeasurably.

I usually don’t venture out, agreement with the wife. I also do not have the time and energy to put into the voice practice. There are many free lessons on youtube that I have looked at. I figure that if I eventually go out and have not worked on this, I would try to whisper my words. I know that won’t work in all situations, but it is a loose plan until I can dedicate the time for change.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Stepping Out For The First Time’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?