Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Jayne
      Lady

I was filling out a form today, and came up short when it asked me for my gender.  I think I will leave that question blank, in this case, but it made me stop and think about what would be the right response?  For gender, it provides boxes to check off for “transgender,” “nonbinary” and “other.”  There was no box provided, however, for “confused,” or “it depends.”

I’m curious now, though, to know how you all have dealt with this type of question, on governmental or business forms, for census purposes, etc.  Did you ever want to put down “female,” or “nonbinary,” or transgender”?  Or actually do it?  Or do you do that as a matter of course?  And if so, when did you decide to start doing it?

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

When I first saw the heading, I was not sure if you meant anywhere between AA and G cup…..

Sorry bad joke….

Caty.

PS I just stay “plain Joe male” on any forms such as you mention

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

A few months ago when I applied for a job at Torrid I told them I gave them both my fem name and my male name. Kinda had to because if the contacted my former employers they don’t know Cassie but do have records of Randy. Some of my co-workers there only know me as Cassie. The clinic where I go to the doctor now know me as Cassie. So far these switches have been easy and kind of fun.
      . Cassie

When dealing with the outside world (in an “official” way – paperwork, or what have you), I just go male. At work I wear uniform clothing, so it’s easier to just go to and from work in uniform. On my time, I’m free to do it my way!
      Hugs and Kisses,
      Fredrika Jones

Peta Mari
      Lady

I’m happy to present as male.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

My license has an X (non-binary), so that’s what I put on forms whenever possible.

Hi!
      I usually put non-binary or other. The last time I checked male was at my doctor’s clinic, the form said “gender assigned at birth” and the only choices were male, female. I put checked and then wrote, ” you can’t tell? You are supposed to be medical people. It was some stupid profile form for my record file. A friend, who is not a CDer, never checks any box, but writes down “you guess”

Does it matter what we put on these forms, we all know what we are don’t we, I don’t think any of us will change what we are unless we go the whole way and transition fully, anyway we are all sister’s on here X

Hugs Rozalyn X

If only male or female is offer3d, check the box of your assigned gender on your drivers licence or passport.  If nothing fits, check other if available. I always check transgender if offered, otherwise, I usually check my legal assigned gender, male as it all exhausts me.  yes, I hate it.

Hi Jill I’ve often been tempted to put on the forms where it says sex is yes please, lol X

You have got to laugh sometimes X

Hugs X

I have put , regularly , on before.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

If it’s just a questionnaire, I show female. If its personal, like an application for and account or at a doctor’s office I will show male.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I appreciate the problem. If the option is there you could use prefer not to say. However there is an option to declare it is up to you what you define as and if you feel comfortable making that declaration.

It is important to remember that on any legal document that is asking for your real name and sex, without options, then that would have to be written.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

All my legal documents are in my male name so I check male for that type of form. If it’s just a social survey or questionnaire, I check crossdresser or transgendered.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I’m wondering what does “gender” actually mean/classify? I know that sex != gender so we can skip that association.
      What does it actually mean to be “male” or “female”? Just because I wear clothes commonly worn by female, does that make me female? If so why doesn’t a female wearing a male shirt and male pants become “male”? (maybe because all drag queens aren’t female?)
      Are we talking personality? Manners?

Anyway – what I check depends on what the purpose is.
      “Prefere not to say” whenever it is available
      “male” when we talking legal stuff like bank, passport and so on (I have no interest in transition full time)
      “cd”/”female”/”trans”/”other”/”non binary” when dealing with things like this site or keystone conference or so.

/kelly

If only male or female is offer3d, check the box of your assigned gender on your drivers licence. If nothing fits, check other if available. I always check transgender if offered, otherwise, I have to check m6 legal assigned gender, male, yes, I hate it.

Anonymous

Whenever I see that question on a form, I always want to answer “Yes, when and where?” but that never seems to be an option! 😉

You’ve gotta laugh…

At least some government organizations and companies are beginning to realize that there are more options than just “male” and “female,” so at least that’s a step in the right direction.

Hugs,

Holly

Hi girls,

My driver’s license and medical card all have a picture of a lady named Lauren, so the boxes all contain an “F”. I’ve also legally changed my gender to female, which is allowed in the province where I live.
      So all forms will now say I’m a female.

hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I took advantage shortly after it was an option.  Did the same for my passport.  I’ll change again to F when I do a legal name change down the road.

Jayne
      Lady

Cyrillic? Well that’s intriguing …

Jayne
      Lady

Count me as surprised, and pleased, that they’ve made such a change, out there in the (as a former Hoosier I think I can say this) Heart of Darkness.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?