- May 14, 2022 at 10:33 am #645221Inga RobertsParticipantRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
I simply adore wearing pantyhose, underdressing or full crossdressing. I feel so much less feminine without them and the right style makes me feel so sexy too. Problem is my perfect pantyhose are very hard to find in my ‘neck of the woods’ and I am hoping the women of CDH can help with a brand and style that matched my desired pair. Happy to shop on line to buy them if need be. So my needs are as follows:
- Sheer to the waist
- High-waisted, not hipsters
- Single, fine seam on the tummy without the wide reinforcing band
- No gusset or sheer gusset panel
- Sheer, sandle toe (I love wearing strappy heels and showing nylon covered toes)
- Very fine; 20 denier or less
- Very sheer with slight shine
- Nylon and lycra blend so they are not too firm and allow easy stretch when needed 😉
I would love to hear if you have found such beautiful pantyhose, whether you like them or not.
Thanks so much, Inga
- June 4, 2022 at 1:24 pm #650112LaurelLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 60Has thanked: 562 timesBeen thanked: 241 times
- June 5, 2022 at 1:08 pm #650350Inga RobertsLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
Thanks so much Laurel and I am looking forward to ‘reseaching’ you suggestion. The thoughts of discovering new and better ‘sheer, slippery delights’ gives me a tingle and modeling them with fine feminine things is one of life’s real pleasures. Thanks again, Inga 😚
- May 30, 2022 at 5:55 am #648863Diana StocktonBaronessRegistered On: September 6, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 52Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 190 times
I experimented a bunch before finding
Capezio Women’s Ultra Soft Transition Tight
I buy the light suntan version. It is just opaque enough to cover my trimmed leg hair. I have dark leg hair but it is not dense and I trim it down. I only have to wear a single pair to cover my hair enough to wear a dress in public, which I often do.
I did post this same info earlier but found out if you post a link to a vendor that is not supporting CDH they delete your post. PS search amazon with those words for more info.
- June 4, 2022 at 9:29 am #650038LadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
Thanks for your feedback Diana and educating me on the array of pantyhose available. I them out online and since I fully shave my legs each day I can wear very sheer pantyhose without the worry of showing off hairy legs. It also feels fab having smooth legs in fine hosiery, perhaps you have already tried this but can’t get away with it as an everyday thing?
Thanks again for you support, Inga
- May 29, 2022 at 2:23 pm #648736Hose HeelsLadyRegistered On: May 9, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 18Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 74 times
My favorite panthose that I have tried are the Falke Seidenglatt 15. I think that they fit/meet all of the criteria that you have listed. They are not cheap, I think just under $30 a pair, but they are awesome and I love them. I don’t buy them often, but if there were just one pair that I wanted, they would be it. I like Wolford Satin Touch 20’s too, but those are just a tad heavier than the Seidenglatt 15. If you can afford them then I would highly recommend that you give them a try. You can buy them on Amazon if you interested.
- May 29, 2022 at 6:14 am #648567Lynda JonesBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 1, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 227Has thanked: 4015 timesBeen thanked: 796 times
- May 29, 2022 at 8:15 am #648591LadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
Thank you Lynda.
I will check this site out. Being UK-based their shipping costs to NZ should be reasonsble; the US is most often very costly although I bought some things from Herroom over the weekend and their charges were very reasonable. I ènjoy researching new sources of quality ladies’ wear. Inga
- May 30, 2022 at 11:01 am #648899
- May 27, 2022 at 7:52 am #648173Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 229Has thanked: 3450 timesBeen thanked: 963 times
Being a plus size it is hard to find a good pair of pantyhose, I have like Sears and J.C. Penny’s has always been my favorite but they are getting hard to find. Another good brand I have been getting are Spanx they fit and feel great!! Ebay is a good place to look for what will fit you, but the one problem I have been finding is some with Ebay I get some that are old and the elastic is bad, but it is still a place to find your right size and fairly inexpensive . Have fun…….
- May 27, 2022 at 8:19 am #648178LadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
Thanks so much Becky for sharing your tjoughts and ideas. I too have bought some on auction sites and found the quality a bid disappointing but other time very good.
One brand I havexreally enjoyed are Filadoro, an Italian brand which I was able to buy in good department stores but, alas, as you say getting less choice these days.
It is fun discovering new brands and getting to enjoy trying them on and modelling with my favourite feminine things though. Thanks for being part of this journey. 😉
- May 15, 2022 at 6:30 am #645363AnonymousLadyTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
A couple companies I have bought from are Les Belles and Sheertex. Sheertex is expensive but last forever and I haven’t had a pair to run yet. Les Belles has more of a choice and are very sturdy too.
- February 19, 2023 at 4:16 pm #719382Delphine ValjeanLadyRegistered On: February 12, 2023Topics: 2Replies: 1Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 27 times
Hi! I’m a newbie to the site and was very happy to see someone post about Sheertex because I would love to try them. However, I’m on a tight budget and was wondering if someone could offer size advice. I’m 6′ 2″ with a 38″ waist, and when buying pantyhose, I usually just go for the largest size. This usually works, but because Sheertex is so pricey, I’m reluctant to pull the trigger on something I won’t be able to return. Has anyone close to my dimensions had luck choosing a certain size?
- May 15, 2022 at 9:42 am #645422
- May 15, 2022 at 4:35 am #645348Melissa SueLadyRegistered On: November 7, 2018Topics: 5Replies: 127Has thanked: 1405 timesBeen thanked: 322 times
That list sounds like one I would write. I am in love with pantyhose as well. Note: I prefer the term pantyhose, just sounds more girly. Ones that I love, that are not too crazy expensive, are Warner Blissful Benefits. I know there are others but I have not been able to try them. I hope one day to get a pair of Wolford pantyhose but they are soooo expensive.
Hope you find the perfect pantyhoses.
Love Melissa Sue
- May 15, 2022 at 4:23 am #645342Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 2061Has thanked: 1630 timesBeen thanked: 6740 times
I’ve been wearing Legg’s Sheer Energy with the Sheer Panty since I was 13. Love them. I also used to love No Nonsense Light Support All Sheer. Those got discontinued. I also loved numerous JC Penney pantyhose products. All discontinued now. Hanes Alive and Silk Reflections in Sheer To Waist. Both gone now.
Givenchy Body Gleamers and Berkshire Shimmers.Loved wearing those in my teens with my very short dresses.
Then a long time favorite was Silkies Sheer Charm. Wonderful fit for a tall girl like me.
Several years aog, I thought I had discovered the perfect pantyhose, Wolford Neon Fatals in Gobi. A shiny tan sheer to waist with no seam or gusset. For look, fit and feel, they were the most incredible pantyhose I had ever worn. Very expensive though. I also discovered Victoria’s Secret Seamless. They were wonderful too, but the Wolford looked, fit and felt better. The VS were more sheer and delicate and half the price, but still expensive.
Then around that same time I discovered JC Penney Worthington in Sheer to waist. For fit and feel they rivaled the Wolford and only slightly behind in look. Bought tons of them whenever I could.
So many brands I can’t even remember now. I even bought sheer to waist pantyhose from China. Very nice look, fit and feel. Now I can’t find them anymore.
So much wonderful pantyhose I loved vanished from the scene.
Now for Sheer to Waist, it’s often Legg’s Sheer Energy, Falke, Kunert, Pretty Polly Peavey and old stock.
I buy my Legg’s Shher Energy whenever I see them. I also search online for new brands. They are out there keep looking. Even if you don’t find the so called “perfect pair of pantyhose”, the bit less than perfect is still a joy to wear.
- May 15, 2022 at 6:13 am #645356LadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
Thanks so much Patty for taking the time to share your experiences of finding good pantyhose. I share your experience of seeing some of the nicest being discontinued, very frustrating. I am sure I can find better pantyhose and hopefully those special ones that make my heart race when I feel and see them on. I do like Pretty Polly range and wear their stockings sometimes but hard to get a regular supplying shop, seem to come and go. Other brands are new to me except Wolford but I am not prepared to mortgage the house to wear their hosiery. Lots of leads to follow.
Thanks again, Inga
- May 15, 2022 at 6:41 am #645373Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 2061Has thanked: 1630 timesBeen thanked: 6740 times
Wolford is wonderful but very expensive compared to other pantyhose. When I looked at a bunch of glamour photos I had taken several years back, I knew in some I was wearing Wolford Neon Fatals. In others I was wearing JC Penney Sheer caress and in others Legg’s Sheer Energy.
It was difficult to tell the difference. Still, Wolford is expensive but certainly special. it’s worth treating yourself to them from time to time.
- May 14, 2022 at 2:46 pm #645252Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 583Has thanked: 3065 timesBeen thanked: 2327 times
Hi Inga, I wear pantyhose or tights daily and suggest that you might try one of the L’eggs Sheer Energy styles. That has always been my goto brand. I like the fit and they also seem to not be too delicate that they run when you least expect it. My legs like them too. I hope this helps. Marg
- May 14, 2022 at 6:38 pm #645290LadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
Hi Marg and thank you for your thoughtfulness. So nixe that you wear pantyhose every day. I am not familiar with the Leggs brand but have heard good comments about them from other crossdressing ladies. I will do my research on their offers. Can’t wait to find out more. Thanks again, Inga
- May 15, 2022 at 8:02 am #645410Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 583Has thanked: 3065 timesBeen thanked: 2327 times
Thanks Inga and good luck in your search. It might take a while to find the actual fit and style so don’t be too surprised if you have to experiment with the first few purchases. I first started wearing them 30 years ago after I broke my femoral artery in an industrial accident and hated wearing surgical hose (I think that they were made out of recycled cast iron). I learned abut the L’eggs from posts by others who were on their feet all the time like postal delivery and hospital workers who developed leg problems. Safe Journey, Marg
- June 4, 2022 at 9:09 am #650034LadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
Thanks Melissa. How exciting to find a pair of pantyhose that lift your spirits and make you feel a bit of feminine magic. Wish I could be there for you to model them in you favourite, feminine outfit and give you some positive feedback.
I really do need to buy some soon. I tried buying on The Tights Spot but the postage on 12 pairs of several different types was $70 and I could not bare to add that much to the cost.
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by Inga Roberts.
- June 3, 2022 at 2:52 pm #649876AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Hi Inga. I received the 3 denier pantyhose I ordered off Amazon and they are totally amazing.🥰 They are so sheer and have a lovely sheen to them. I love them.❤️
- May 27, 2022 at 8:29 am #648181LadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
Thank you Melissa for taking the time to share. These look quite tempting and would suit me for bed time I think, under my fine leggings. I prefer sheer to waist without a shadow panty for my dress-up day wear.
I would be interested to hear how you find these pantyhose, if you have the time.
- The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.