Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

How do I find the right Lipstick colour???

I’m Brunette so I know I’m limited to pink, brick and some rdarker ed tones.

But I’m finding it impossible to find even one that suits.

eleanor holborn
      Managing Ambassador

Depends on the shade of your skin Cami. look at veins in your hands if they are green then you have warm tones blue is cool some colours suit different skin tones better. Warm tones are better with orange based colours cold more pink colours.

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

Check my coffee cup!

But seriously, I don’t know if you have an Ulta there, but any large retail store with significant cosmetics department should help with that.

D

💄

Gwenn Liefde
      Baroness

Hi Cami,

It’s more about skin tone, not hair color. My suggestion would be to start by looking at websites like http://www.smashbox.com or http://www.urbandecay.com. They show what each lipstick looks like on different skin tones. That’ll give you an idea of how they might look on you. For your skin tone, in choosing Pink Lipsticks, I’d stick with mauve, raspberry, deep pinks. For Example… Smashbox Pinks – Do’s: 9 to 5, Punch Drunk, Inspiration and Just Hit Play. Don’ts: Pout, Totes, Magenta and Gets It. Here is a quick list of what I think may be best for you in each subcategory (in order, matte, cream, pink, etc.) from Smashbox… Tarot Card, My Digits, 9 to 5, Jam Sesh, Top Shelf, LA Sunset, Later, Right on Red, Bad Mood and Straight Up. Keep in mind these are just color directions that I think would work for your skin tone and will depend on what colors you wear. I think seeing the colors on actual models it will help you to choose a color, from any brand, that’s right for you.

-Gwenn

Kayla
        Managing Ambassador

Love mauve

Anonymous

Thanks ladies xx I’m looking into it. This areas a brilliant idea.

Anonymous

I tend towards Auntumnal colours but Im tempted to try something more risque.

Emily
      Lady

Some good advice here. Thanks as always for sharing. My lipstick color varies depending upon mood, occasion, outfit, wig color, etc. I have everything from bright pink to deep red. I have found a Cover Girl shade that matches my natural lip color fairly well, so that’s my go to daily lippy. Experimenting is part of the fun!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Dear Genetic Girls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?