• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Okay girls.

I am ready to order my very first dress.  From all of the measurements that I have taken it looks like I am a US size 10.  With forms I am a bra size 44DD.  The forms with a bra added two inches to my chest.  Is there anything else that I need to measure and look at to get the right fit?  Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you so much

❤️
      Octavia

what is your  waist size, boob size, make sure the size is for your measurements.  chest size,   just hope when you get it the size is right and fits great.  thats all that I can think of when they ask for your measurements.

Hi Octavia,

Check the sizing on the seller’s website before ordering.  With a 44 inch band and your forms your bust will be close to 50 inches.  I just checked the Woman Within site and the bust measurement for size 12 is 39 1/2 inches.  So the size 10 Bust measurement will be smaller.  You might check the reviews too as some dresses run small so suggest a size up.

If you have a prominent tummy measure  your waist at the largest location and check the sizing on the sellers website.  One last thought.  If you are tall look at the dress length as you don’t want to continually tug on your dress to prevent it from riding up.

Congratulations on your decision to purchase your first dress!
      Alice

Congrats Octavia;

Its a big moment when you feel ready to buy your first 👗. Mine was only a couple weeks ago. Not sure if I was completely prepared but the post about it being national dress day motivated me to do it. I have no regrets and I am sure once you receive it you will be glowing with pride and happiness like I was/am. You only get that first time feeling once so embrace and revel in the moments that follow.

Hugs Amelia 🎀

Check the sizing chart FOR THE DRESS YOU ARE BUYING.  Don’t assume all dress sizes will run the same.  They don’t.  They vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.  There should be a size chart somewhere in the description of the dress.  Go by that.  Also, if there are any reviews of the dress, look those over.  They are great for telling if the dress runs small or runs large or runs true.

Anonymous

Hi Octavia.

And congratulations on your first dress; it’s a milestone, like your first bra fitting or first makeover. I do have a caveat for you: because we have wider shoulders that GGs, you probably need to go up one size to compensate, especially if it has sleeves or is made from a non-stretch fabric. And as Alice noted, your forms may make this necessary, anyway.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

I am feeling fat right now. So I will go hit the heavy bag and then see if I can the treadmill working. It always worked for me but my athletic kids would always trip the breaker. Electric issue I am sure.

Treadmill was no problem for me. I did a mile tonight.  The boys do it at ten plus miles per hour. I can’t do that. My knees are shot. I can still do a fast walk at four miles an hour at max incline.
        Keep me to this girls. I feel really good. If you don’t mind I will try to post every night.  It really helps keep the depression away and any time that I can look in mirror and say that is starting to look good is a good thing.

Love you all.
        ❤️
        Octavia

As Bettylou said, check your shoulder width. I’m small from the waist down but the upper half warrants a large. Male shoulders and chest are larger in proportion then GG women making sizing problematic. We are an upside down pyramid, they are a hourglass or pear.

It also depends on the fabric. Stretchy material or knits can be ordered in a straightforward size, they should fit although possibly a little snug (which can be a good thing!) Material that won’t stretch is harder to work with, satins, silks, tight weave cottons. You should go up one or two sizes.

And remember: women’s sizes are a lie. She may be an 8 at Nordstrom’s, a 12 at Target, a medium at Wal-Mart and a large online.

Good luck and shop till you drop!

Beth

Beth I totally agree with the upside down pyramid. Yes I am 44dd up top but I don’t have a butt or hips

❤️
        Octavia

Anonymous

Oh Beth honey…

She may be an 8 at Nordstrom’s, a 12 at Target, a medium at Wal-Mart and a large online.”…..

even though this is a true fact, I smiled because……

I think I KNOW this woman !!!!?

Smiles, grace xx

Anonymous
      Lady

Make sure of the return policy before buying your dress. Dress sizes from one maker or store to the other vary wildly. I have found Draper James, Torrid and Old Navy to have some of the more reliable size charts and Amazon sizing is some of the worst. Buying that first dress is so exciting and will lead to an obsession if not careful, look in my closet and you will see my addiction. And of course you will need dresses for every season and social affair. Sun dresses, LBD’s, church dresses and retro dresses, there are just so many choices and not enough closet space!

Sandy

Anonymous

Hi Octavia…

It looks like the girls have it covered..I just wanted to add…

Make sure you get one that you can reach the zip on the back ( if it has one)….unless you have help!!

I hope it fits perfectly….and it’s exciting isn’t it….first dress, wow!!.

best wishes , grace xx

Anonymous

LOL, zips!

Just dreaming here. There ought to be an app like the food delivery ones. COZMU – Come Zip Me Up.

The bell rings, you turn your back on the ‘delivery’ person at the front door. All they need to do is zip you up and accept a tip, before moving onto the next damsel in distress.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Marti….you need to patent that idea…quickly!!!….

Anonymous

– don’t think so, it’s a free idea 😉

Anonymous

Your sizing seems small. A US 10 is very small. I wear a 40C bra and am a size 14.

You need to chest measurement, cup size, waist measurement, hips and shoulders. (I have very broad shoulders).  I can generally order online without an issue. I just really pay attention to the sizing chart.

I hope this helps

Holly

I am a size 10 or 12 depending on the manufacturer so I prefer to try dresses on before buying and have no anxiety over using the dressing rooms. Good advice here if you buy online but better to go . bit larger than smaller since I like wearing body shapers as well. You will also find a dress is the most comfortable clothing you will ever wear when out and about in public.

Anonymous

Lisa I agree with you I am a 40c Bust and a size 18 dress, skirt size 16 max. Best advice look at sizing charts they vary a lot.

Sarah

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?