Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So I did it, I went shopping for women’s clothes for the first time in person, I went in guy mode though, however I had a good time with my friend who was supportive the whole way through and suggested stuff I may like. No one gave me a second look. Overall, I had a very good time. I am sad to report I didn’t end up buying anything because I’m bigger and its hard to find things in my size, but I consider this a win none the less. I do intend to go shopping again and hopefully soon. Maybe I’ll even go on my own. Thanks for the words of encouragement from when I was nervous to go.

I’m a regular shopper for women’s clothes in guy mode – I know what its like being bigger and hard to find things you like in your size.  I have been able to find  some suitable clothes in charity shops, a lot cheaper than the main shopping outlets.

Happy shopping 🙂

Hi Holly,

I love to read these kind of adventures, please continue to post them.

Love Melissa

Hi Holly,

Congratulations on your shopping trip.  I’m a big girl too so know what you mean about finding larger sizes.  You can try Lane Bryant or Catherines.  Both stores are CD friendly and carry plus sizes.  Torrid is another good plus size shop too and carry larger size shoes in wide widths.

Enjoy Your next outing and most of all have fun!

Alice

Marianne
      Ambassador

Hi Holly.

Glad you had a positive experience.  I just left some advices upon your original post. Feel free to use them after your liking.

Marianne Tornander

Hi, I was very hesitant at first. I started off buying bras and panties on eBay. Before that, are used to gather clothing wherever I could. Now I go shopping without giving it a second thought. I go to used clothing stores, a lot on Facebook, women’s clothing stores. I buy my makeup in the stores like any other woman. At first it was a bit uncomfortable shopping in the lingerie section of a store, but now I don’t give it a second thought. On more than one occasion I’ve had Clerks offer assistance.

Anonymous

I find it intimidating buying lingerie in male mode but do it anyway one has to be brave about these things.

DeLora
      Lady

Shopping for your self is an important, and intimidating step.

I made that step about 2 years ago and now I am hooked! I love charity shops, partly because of the prices, but also I love discovering the little gems hidden away there. I got my first corset in a charity shop!!

I still get a little anxious when I start shopping, but as soon as I start going through the racks that anxiety melts away.

The biggest step for me shopping wise was going to a women’s apparel boutique, a very fancy and expensive shop and of course very attentive customer service. I admitted to the assistant that I was shopping for myself and he was exceedingly helpful and very discrete. That trip cost me some $$, but it was worth it!

Justme M
      Lady

Boy this is such a big step. Opening the closet door in public. I don’t have much but what I do have I bought at an adult book store. Took me a long time to get up the nerve to do it there. I went to one about 50 miles from home so no one I knew would see me. I also knew that there would not be many people in the store. My heart was pounding on my first trip. I was in and out quickly. I have enough confidence now to continue my shopping there when I need something but I do not have the courage to shop in a regular store. In my mind I would be thinking everyone is looking at me thinking I must be gay. Online isn’t an option as I have no way to explain the packages to my wife.

for those of you that do have the courage, I envy you.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?