Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi lovely ladies,

So, next weekend I have the opportunity (i.e enough free time!) to have my first shot at makeup.  I’ve been watching many YT vids and also the resources on here, but I’m still nervous as hell.

One of my biggest concerns is I’m partially sighted so ‘close work’ such as this is far from ideal.  I have no doubts I’ll make a dogs dinner of it and I recognise it will take time and lots of practice to get half decent, but I’d like to keep some of the lippy out of my mouth if possible! *giggles*

I’m thinking (i.e hoping) that things such as eye shadow and foundation will be easier, but mascara, kipstick and eye liner may cause me troubles as they are more intricate and detailed.

Anyway, thought I’d let you all know that I’m going for it … for better or worse haha.

Love,

Rachel

Paula
      Lady

My girlfriend does my eyeliner if I wear it, I have the shakes from a disability. But anyways I do all the rest. It took a while to get a makeup routine but now it’s pretty simple for me. Good luck!

Sarah Car
      Lady

Practice makes perfect , I could get one eye perfect but could not get the other to match , lots n lots of practice , you could use false eye lashes instead of mascara , lipstick is not that difficult , just remember to blot on a tissue if you are using very bright red .We all had trouble at first with make up but the more you do the better you become at putting it on .

Yes like most will say practice practice practice is the best way. I use a magnifier mirror to help do my makeup and it’s helps a lot. My wife is using the same one now as well. Lol.

Anonymous

I’m relatively fortunate in terms of close vision and seem to have been blessed with a steady hand for eye liner. Still, given may age (lets say mature) I tend to go for understated liner…and usually employ a dark eye shadow on a brush rather than a pencil or liquid liner.

I also go for fairly subdued, neutral eye shadow, starting with lighter tones near the tear duct, a main color for the center of the eye and a darker tone (just a touch) in a check mark shape from the outer corner of my eyes. These are blended gently so there are no stark transitions.

One thing is I go with a shimmery main color, despite all that advice about matte for older women. I find that this accentuates/brightens and enlarges the appearance of my eyes.

Hi Rachel, I understand completely.  I’m blind as a bat without my glasses and I also have arthritis in my hands so make up does present a problem for me. I use Graftobian cake eyeliner that I put on with the brush. It’s much easier for me to control and I also use a magnifying mirror. I usually have to take my glasses off  but I also have an old pair of glasses that I’ve cut in half at the bridge so that I can put one half on and still see out of the free space over the other. Cake eyeliner almost looks like a water paint tab.  You just put a drop of water on it and mix it around until you get the consistency you want.  I use a skinny paint brush and rest my hand directly on my cheek for support.  I use also the same process for mascara and false eyelashes.  Like everyone else says just keep practicing.  After about 10 times things will go much smoother.  I also use a lip liner pencil to draw in where I think my lipstick shouldn’t.  It helps me a whole lot if I figured out where my lines need to end up.  I use Neutrogena makeup removing pads at the end of the night to clean things up before bed.  They seem to work very well for me.  I Hope that helps you.  Marg

have you ever tried contact lenses? makes things much easier.

Hi Sandra,  I’d love to wear contacts but my correction and cataracts don’t allow that to happen.  For most of my life I had 14/16 vision and then everything went off the cliff.  My doctor says that maybe after the surgery it might work.  Hugs,  Marg

Anonymous

Marg

Hey girl, isn’t fun to get older. Ginger’s birthday tomorrow turning 66, just another day on the calendar. Eyes getting bad, finger joints fused, knees replaced  and 2 spinal fusions. Arthritis is so enjoyable. Keep positive, your  still beautiful

Hugs Luvs Ginger

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Rachel,

A large, lighted makeup mirror will be a big help if you can get one. Have fun!

Fiona

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?