Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I’m new to this and still figuring out a lot about what is going on with me and whether it was real.  Today though was a big step forward for me; I went shopping for myself at a local Adult Store.  I’ve been there a couple of times before as a man only, but this was the first time that I went as a female (although wearing normal male clothes).  The experience could not be further from my normal shopping experience.  Typically male, I would go in, look for what I was looking for, purchase it, and leave.  Today, I tried some different things on (partly to get size).  I felt sadness in not finding something in another size that I really liked but not in my size.  I did find two things (one in a photo that I up loaded) which really spoke to me.  I’ve never found shopping fun (or the male side has never found shopping fun), but today I had a ton of fun.  I really can’t think of a time recently when I’ve had more fun.  I felt calm (not the normal nervousness about doing something “bad”) and willing to really engage the young lady who was helping me.  I’m wearing the things now under my “normal” clothes and the question will be whether I change before my wife gets home.  I’m hoping that I won’t.  I love the feel even if I can’t yet show her the look.

Rose
      Lady

[quote quote=33159] I’ve never found shopping fun (or the male side has never found shopping fun), but today I had a ton of fun.  [/quote]

I’m the same way, Anita. Male-me hates shopping. If I’m buying pants or a shirt or (in ye olden days) underwear), I’m typically in and out in under 15 minutes. Go to the rack, find my size, grab something, leave. Shoe shopping for male-me is a nightmare.

Rose, though, is loving shopping. I only started buying clothes (other than panties) in late August, and Rose already owns more pairs of shoes than male-me. And there are at least a dozen more sitting on my wish lists at Amazon and Payless. Rose can very easily kill hours window shopping for dresses or skirts or tops or whatever else on Amazon. Male-me can’t be bothered.

But…  as you can gather from that paragraph, I guess, Rose does almost all of her shopping online. Mostly because of convenience – I’ve bought panties and nighties in person – but also because I’m not quite brave enough yet to go and browse in person – even though I do just that around Christmas for my wife. We did go to Target a few weeks ago when the kids were otherwise occupied, and I tried on a few pair of women’s jeans. That’s the only time I’ve been in a dressing room, so far, en femme.

I think for me it’s about style. Men’s clothes – including shoes – are mostly boring to me. They’re a necessity – I need to wear slacks and a “business casual” top to work. If I need a new pair of pants, it’s just expedient for me to go in, find a pair of black or khaki or gray slacks in my size, and get out. Or a golf shirt, or a sweater, or whatever. Women’s stuff, though? I find it fascinating. The various fabrics, colors, cuts, styles. The feel. The fit. Imagining what I would wear that top or that skirt with – and if I don’t already have something, what else can I buy to complete an outfit?

Looking back over the years, I’ve always been good at picking out clothes for my wife and daughter, even though neither one shares my “style” so far.

Anonymous

Thank you, Rose.  I wanted to get my feet wet somewhere where others would have been doing the same thing I was doing; just as a way to lower the barrier to entry and to get a feel for size.  Women’s clothing is a lot more complicated than men’s clothing and a lot less attractive.  I never could understand the woman’s love of shopping until today.  Thanks for the tips on where you have shopped.  I’m ready to go out and do more exploring.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I began buying my own pantyhose at 13, short women’s shorts at 17 and then at 18 when I began cross dressing seriously and often I bought everything a girl wears and needs. Much of my shopping was in thrift stores and discount departments stores. It also pre dated the internet so most of my clothes shopping was in person. But I also bought clothes from the Sears, JC Penney and Montgomery Ward catalogues and had an account with Silkies.

Anonymous

I wish I had started a lot younger.  Still, in the early teen years I would have found it very intimidating to shop for clothes that were not gender specific.  I admire your courage.  I’m really looking forward to shopping more now.  I also like shopping at local stores since a lot of them have been struggling with the growth of shopping on the internet.  Still, though, sometimes it is the only place to find that special dress. Happy shopping.

Frenlee
          Duchess

Hi me too love shopping online and in stores, but lam not dress in lady’s clothing, but don’t mind looking at lady’s clothin, Looking at under wear, bra,s will thats a embarrassing , Iam getting better. Take care all Frenlee x

Rose
      Lady

[quote quote=33171]Thanks for the tips on where you have shopped. I’m ready to go out and do more exploring. [/quote]

Amazon is especially great for me because we have Prime, so I get free 2-day shipping and free returns on a lot of stuff.

I did a lot of reading online about “converting” men’s sizes to “women’s” sizes before I took the plunge and made purchases of anything other than panties. Bras were easiest, of course – they were just a matter of asking my amazingly supportive wife to measure me. Between reading online conversion guides and some experimenting, I figured out that I best fit in 16/XL for tops and dresses, because of the width of my shoulders, 12 for slacks and skirts, and a 10 (wide) for shoes.

Trying on women’s jeans at Target a few weeks ago was a thrill. I definitely need to find some time – and courage – to do more shopping in person.

Anonymous

Rose,

I’m really glad that you have a supportive wife; I hope you two enjoy shopping together.   Let me know how the next shopping trip goes.

Hugs

Anonymous

2016_personal stories: Anita Watkins original post: 

I’m new to this and still figuring out a lot about what is going on with me and whether it was real.  Today though was a big step forward for me; I went shopping for myself at a local Adult Store.  I’ve been there a couple of times before as a man only, but this was the first time that I went as a female (although wearing normal male clothes).  The experience could not be further from my normal shopping experience.  Typically male, I would go in, look for what I was looking for, purchase it, and leave.  Today, I tried some different things on (partly to get size).  I felt sadness in not finding something in another size that I really liked but not in my size.  I did find two things (one in a photo that I up loaded) which really spoke to me.  I’ve never found shopping fun (or the male side has never found shopping fun), but today I had a ton of fun.  I really can’t think of a time recently when I’ve had more fun.  I felt calm (not the normal nervousness about doing something “bad”) and willing to really engage the young lady who was helping me.  I’m wearing the things now under my “normal” clothes and the question will be whether I change before my wife gets home.  I’m hoping that I won’t.  I love the feel even if I can’t yet show her the look.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘First Shopping Trip’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?