Viewing 29 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Bethann Paige
      Duchess

I did a thing today. I went out in public as Bethann today for the first time. My wife is away for a few days and my daughter went to work. I work from home and this morning I had computer issues and could not log on to our company network. Was told it could take at least four hours to fix. So I took a vacation day. I guess it was my lucky day. I decided I was going shopping. I stayed conservative so as to not draw too much attention. I wore a pair of nice grey/black checked dress pants and black stockings with a black satin top with sparkles on the collar. Nice simple silver necklace and matching bracelet and earrings. And underneath I had my new hip and butt pads and my new breast forms. Both of which I have never worn before. No makeup, I’m still not so good at that. But OMG I felt amazing!! It was so exhilarating. I went to Lane Bryant and asked them to measure me for my correct bra size with my new breast forms. The sales girl was awesome, she helped me pick out some bras that I tried on. It was a spectacular day. I bought 3 new bras and a lace top cami. I am sorry for the length of this post , but I am just giddy with excitement of how this day unfolded and I had to share it.

Anonymous

great post…love it, it does feel so darned good especially on the first outing…the mind fit to explode with happiness, fear, adrenalin and every other natural body chemical going…so heck girl don t apologise for the length of the post, GO YOU…bet you were all but bouncing off the walls when you got home.xx

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Thanks Ashleigh , I really was bouncing off the walls when I got home!! The multitude of emotions I was experiencing was surreal. I just loved it!!

Anonymous

haha…been there done it and boy does it feel soooo very good eh…just wanted to grab someone and tel them all about it but alas no one to grab lol xx

Bethann Paige
            Duchess

I know, I so badly wanted to tell someone all about it. That is why I love CDH , it gave me the opportunity to share this with everyone here.

Very nice, Bethann.

Big hug,

Diane

Hi Bethann – please don’t apologise for the length of your post – I’m sure I never do, and some of mine are 6-parters, lol!

If anything, I’d be interested in reading more about how you felt, what little things the assistants did to provide a great service, how your wife was involved – all the stuff that helps those of us who have never had a bra fitting pluck up the courage and get it done.

It’s wonderful to read – and must have been such a lovely experience!

I only bought my first fitted dress a week or so ago, so a bra feels like a next-level purchase to me!

Love Laura

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Thank you Laura. How I felt is hard to put into words. It was such an array of emotions. Fear, excitement, so many feelings. But most of all it just felt right!! Like this is what I should be doing. It’s like my psyche was giving me the biggest, best hug I’ve ever gotten. That may sound corny , buts that’s what it felt like. I had been to this store before and tried on some tops and the sales girls were really nice. That’s why I went back. I had ordered butt and hip pads and breast forms which all arrived a few days ago. So I figured it was a great day to do this. When I walked in , I was looking around for a few minutes when one of the women asked if I needed help. I’m not sure if it was adrenaline or what but I did not hesitate, I said “ I am here to get measured and fitted for a bra”. She did not flinch , she just said okay , I can help you with that. And she did. She was sooo nice. She measured me , I am a 44D or DD I was right on the edge. Then she explained some of the different types and she helped me pick out 4 bras. I tried them on and only really liked 1 , so we picked out 4 more that I tried on. I ended up buying 3. Looking back it sounds like it was easy and it kind of was. While I was there , other women were there shopping and no one seemed to notice me , or they didn’t care.

“It’s like my psyche was giving me the biggest, best hug I’ve ever gotten.”

I don’t think that’s corny at all – I csn totally relate to that, the nervousness mixed with the feeling of being so right – everything!

Thanks for sharing – that feeling of “rightness” is so hard to explain to someone who hasn’t felt it!

Love Laura

Anonymous

Congratulations, a step in the right direction and having the confidence to have a fitting, was it a regular store?

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Katie , Lane Bryant is a regular women’s clothing store here in the US. They specialize in plus sizes. Being 6 feet tall and 230 pounds , I fall into the “plus” size category. They have a huge selection of bras and panties. And they also sell other women’s clothes.

Hi Bethann

Go girl. I am so excited for you.

Your outfit sounds very elegant, but you forgot to mention your shoes.

I wish your post was much longer, with more detail.

Love
      Michelle

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Hi Michelle, thank you. I didn’t mention the shoes because they were boring. I only gave my first pair I ordered online , a 2” heel that I just got a few days ago. Even though they are only 2” heels I am still learning to walk in them. I’m not steady enough to wear them out yet. So I had on a pair of black Sketchers. I know boring , right? What’s funny is when I got home there was a package at my door, which was my new shoes , only 1” heels. Those I could have worn and I can actually walk in them. Oh well there’s always next time. And there will be a next time!!

Bethann ❤️

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

IT is a wonderful feeling !

Anonymous

I remember my first time out! Scary, yet so liberating!

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

It was scary, but now I want to go out again!!

Now my dear you are hooked like most of us. Hopefully many more like kind experiences are waiting for you too

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Thank you.
        Yes I am hooked!! I wanted to dress and go out again today. But alas , “normal” life things do not allow that to happen.

Anonymous

Congratulations Bethann, it sounds like a very awesome day.

JOJO
      Lady

Congratulations, going out the first time can be both exciting and scary at the same time. It is something that you can build upon in your journey.

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Thank you JOJO!!
        I love your name btw.

Bethann

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Congratulations Bethann! What a great positive experience. I’m excited, and happy for you!

Love, and hugs,

Lara

Dear Bethann,

Your post wasn’t long enough! I could have read a post that was easily three times as long, detailing all the little events of your day. But I’m also happy for you! That must have been an amazing day!

Hugs, Jill

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Thank you. It truly was an amazing day!!

Bethann ❤️

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Good grief Bethann, talk about ‘Seize the moment’ you did that and more! Where did you top up on adrenaline while out? 

You did in that short time something that took many of us girls years to do and thank you so much for sharing it with us. It will give a lot of girls here inspiration to know that the world is not such a bad place for us girls and just accept you.

Well done Bethann. I think the admin here should be handing out certificates of achievement!

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Thank you Angela. It all just sort of happened yesterday without any plan. While it was happening it almost seemed like a dream. I would not have done this if not for how wonderful the sales girl was at this store when I was there a few weeks ago. I told her that day I was shopping for myself and she was genuinely interested in helping me that day. She asked me questions and went out of her way to make me feel comfortable. She told me that she works most weekdays and I should stop in anytime and she would be glad to help me. I guess the stars just aligned yesterday and it was amazing!

Brielle
      Lady

How wonderful, Bethann! You’ve gone out and survived the experience!! I have been hearing so many cases of us girls going for bra fittings and having such nice interactions. Guess it’s my turn now (giggle).

Brie

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

You have to do it. I was lucky, I found a store that had a wonderful sales associate who was a delight. Previous interactions with her was one of the biggest reasons I had the confidence to do this.

Bethann

Tara Ryan
      Lady

Hi Bethan,

Well done, this is wonderful.  I bet you felt fantastic.

Love,

Tara x

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Words cannot describe how fantastic I felt!!

Best feeling in the world x GO GIRL XXXX

YAY! Way to go. I’m so happy for you. This is a real goal of mine. I very much want to lose weight and then talk to my wife about getting a makeover and photoshoot. I would absolutely love to have the outing you had. Getting a bra fitting and just shopping would be fantastic.
      Judging by the number of replies, I’m thinking this is a very commonly shared feeling.

Go GO GO!

Huzzah,

Catherine

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Thank you Catherine. I too need to lose weight, at least 30 pounds. But I don’t want to let that stop me from enjoying this journey. Go get that makeover and photo shoot!! Regardless of your weight , I guarantee you won’t regret it.
        Yeah wow, the amount of replies to this I was not expecting.

Bethann ❤️

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Bethann ,

Congratulations !

Sounds like you had a wonderfull day.
      Good that the sales lady helped you to pick out
      the bras and cami that you liked.

You now have a great address to shop where you can buy
      all the Feminine things that you need.

Thank you for sharing this wonderfull story with all of us
      here on CDH.
      And please , keep us posted about your development as
      Bethann.
      These posts are never too long , mostly way too short for
      us curious Girls.

I admire you a lot my dear !

Love Sylvia.

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Thank you for your kind words Sylvia. It really was a wonderful day. But the overwhelming number of responses and all of the kind words and support from all of the girls here on CDH has made it even more wonderful. I feel blessed to be a part of this community.

Bethann ❤️

Dear Bethann (& Sylvia)
        Hi!
        Bethann I am new here and have not been outside in the fashion that I have desired for six decades. So what do I have to say? Well we as fellow travelers can rejoice with one another the wonder of honest human joy. And though my my own day like yours may never happen, it sure brought a smile to me and We could all use a smile. I have always admired people who are heroes to those like me but also a hero to yourself! Bethann!
        And as you get to know me, my notes and stories here will be at times “at length”——your note to us was not anywhere Close to being Long/-I’ll show you long!lol!
        Best to you both-Jaime

Hi Bethann,

Congratulations on your outing.  You turned log in computer issues into lemonade.  And enjoyed a lovely experience.

Alice

Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you!!!!!

sounds like a completely wonderful day Bethann. I am so happy for you hugs

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

It really was a wonderful day. Thank you!!

Anonymous

Congratulations! I’m happy for you and everybody who has the chance to go out… and takes it!

Bethann,Congratulations,you go girl.Sounds like you had a great day.Welcome to the club.Have a great time,Bethann and enjoy your femininety,Michelle.

Congratulations!! Looks like you had an amazing day. Getting fitted for a bra, must have been an awesome experience. I am jealous.

Anonymous

Congratulations! That is so awesome, you should be very proud.

That’s awesome hun. Congratulations on a big step.

Anonymous

Bethany,

Thank you for sharing. I get a kick out reading other’s stories of shopping and outings.  Especially when they have such a positive experience like yours.  Here’s to many more.

Much love,

Raquel

Amy Myers
      Baroness

What a wonderful day out you had! Congratulations on a very successful outing, and thank you for sharing it with us.

Amy

Hey Bethann!  Yes, you certainly had one awesome day! I, like so many others, am tickled you had so much fun!

Reading many of the associated replies, we’ve got to urge girls to go out and have a bra fitting!  I went to a little lingerie store that advertises they specialize in helping women get the “right” bra.  I politely called first and made an appointment.  Then, when I went in, I had underdressed, but only a cute cami on up top.

It was way more than an all business-like deal!  The woman helping me took her time giving me tips (like how to pull up your breasts from your side into the cups; asking if I wanted to try some forms for a larger size, and even how to care for our delicates so they last.). She was sooooo nice!

My wife loves Lane Bryant, so we’re there pretty often.  She’ll do things while we’re there like have me pick out some panties for her (or me!).  I’ll be bold sometimes and browse to find something pretty and ask if it’d look good on her or me!  Lol.

Bask in your fabulous feminine feelings girl!  Let us know more later on!

Beverly

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Thank you Beverly. It’s great that you have a small local shop to go to. I love supporting local businesses. I am not aware of any small lingerie shops in my area. But the woman at Lane Bryant was fabulous. As in your case she was not just all business. Lots of help , lots of suggestions and was such a joy to work with. I had been there once before in drab and the same woman helped me and was awesome that day also. I will be going back (hopefully fully dressed again!).
        Your are so right , we need to urge more girls to get out there and do this!! You can’t be afraid. I do not “pass” by any stretch. Ultimately yes I want to get better in all ways so i can look as feminine as possible. But for now for me it is all about the way I feel when I am dressed and am 100% Bethann. You can’t worry about how other people judge you. I know that’s an easy thing to say, it is much harder to do. But we have to keep doing as much as we can.

Bethann❤️

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?