Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Seren
      Baroness

firstly I’d like to thank you all for making this site what it is, and for encouraging us all to explore the whole spectrum of life as a CD and to truly be ourselves.

I’ve been on a bit of a rollercoaster the past couple of weeks, but today was definitely a high, that I’ll have to repeat! I’d been experimenting with some eyeliner and mascara and decided to take it a bit further. ‘I know, I’ll go and buy a few more supplies from Sephora and get a bit more practice in’. The ladies there couldn’t have been any more welcoming. When the first assistant didn’t speak perfect English (my French is pretty basic) she brought another colleague over. Okay, what can we do for you? I’d like to buy some foundation, eyeshadow and blusher please. She then sat me down, tested some colours, explained the need for a ‘base’, then made me up! (Bear in mind that I was on my bike, in drab, running some errands, not really imagining that I’d have the courage to walk in there, or that they’d do the works!) No one there batted an eye, all the ladies were super polite, and another assistant complemented me on my new look.
      As some of you here have said, and a recent Gender Rebels episode I watched also highlighted, most shop assistants are just getting on with doing their job, and most strangers are too caught up in their own world to worry about what you’re doing, wearing, etc.
      So, yeah! Do it! It’s great! Find your nearest Sephora!
      Next time I want to take my wife

S x

Anonymous

You are very brave to do that in public, you must be so proud to have done it…xxx

I have to give you a lot of credit, Seraphina.  I’ve been going out for 10 years now, and I have reached the point where I no problem asking the sales people for help if I need it.  I have even been out dressed in my neighborhood, including shopping.

But I would still have reservations about getting a makeover in public.  I trust the people to be professional.  Instead I’m worried that someone I know would see me and recognize me.  A small chance for sure, but I feel I am already taking a lot of small chances, and understand that even a low probability event is going to occur given enough times.  (I already had one close encounter while en femme a few years ago.)  Once the makeover starts, there is that loss of control; you can’t walk away in the middle and you can’t hide.

So kudos to you not only for going through with it, but for wanting to do it again.

Public makeovers are fun aren’t they?  My first few made me nervous as a cat in the dog pound.  The more I did them, the easier it was for me to relax and learn.  I also found that the other women working there, and the lady customers could have cared less that I was enfemme in ‘women’s country’.

I say go for it, enjoy getting one done, and by all means include your spouse in the fun.

PaulaF

I would love to get a makeover at my local Sephora one day.

Seren
      Baroness

[postquote quote=328859][/postquote]

do it and tell us all about it!
      S x

Once the quarantine is lifted I’ll have to. I’ve been to the mall fully en femme and shop but have never had the courage to enter Sephora

I have often fantacized of being pampered in a beauty salon or sat under a dryer while getting a hair-do but have never had the courage to do so.

Now I can’t even get a hair cut thanks to the Corona bug.  If there is a silver lining to be seen it’s because by the time it is all over we will all be expert at doing our own make up.

Sally xx

Anonymous

Alison,

Unless someone you know is also coming for a makeover, the odds are in your favor. I had my first at Ulta; the makeover area is in the rear. Most people are too busy with their own “stuff” to pay any attention to others, and when they do look, they see what they expect to see. It’s a wonderful experience, and you should give it a try, at least once.
      Hugs,
      Bettylou

Bettylou, I know the odds are in my favor.  But I know I take a lot of chances with the odds in my favor – going to local shops, or walking my neighborhood where people I know can drive by.  But even low probability events hit sometimes.  I was at a play at the park, and because of a mix-up, I was waiting for a friend who was already inside.  During that time I saw someone who I knew and she was staring at me for a long time before I looked away and broke her stare.  So I know that the more chances I take the more likely I will be discovered.

And it’s not like I haven’t had a makeover before, I have.  It’s just been in a more private setting.  I just know too many people who may be in the same community that I’m a bit concerned if they spot me when there is not enough makeup on to hide my identity.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?