Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Paula
      Lady

Ladies I have a question about makeup. I’ve done a lot of reading and watching makeup tutorials and what a cross dresser should use for  makeup. I’ve narrowed it down to this:

-Primer

-Beard cover

-Concealer 

-cream or liquid   foundation 

-eye primer

-blush

-eye shadow 

-eye liner pencil

-mascara

-Lipstick 

-foundation powder for quick touch ups 

any advice on this being too much, too little?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Paula,
      I think every girl is different, and some need more than others, it is really dependent on you?
      My wife has been doing my makeup, but I did it myself for the first time this morning,(under her watchful eyes), and she tells me, I have such good skin, I dont need a lot.
      I use an eyebrow pencil to cover the grey, Eyeliner, Mascara for my lashes, a bit of blush for my cheeks, lip liner, and lippy.
      If I shave first, I am good until the next day, but as my hair was quite light, I have no shadow to speak of, if you ran your hand over you would feel the stubble, but not see anything.
      Now, all of this is just on Darlene’s say so, so I may be completely off the mark, lol
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Paula
        Lady

Good morning Regine and thank you. I do have an ex girlfriend that can help. You re lucky to have a wife that’ll help you. And you’re right every girl is different. Thanks again.

Hi

I use all of what you wrote plus Contour and Highlighter. But that depends on what kind of makeup I’m doing. For everyday use the list is a lot shorter.

Hugs
      Lily

Lily-Rose, what is on your shorter everyday list?

Lily-Rose…. how do you find time to get to work? Mine is easy… wash face, dry, moisturise, wait… eyelash serum, wait, sunscreen/foundation lightly applied, a dab of bronze eye shadow, mascara and lastly, 24 hour lippy… et voilà!

Love Polly puss och story kram ❤️💋❤️💋❤️💋

three words….practice, practice, practice

That’s for sure! Once I started doing my own makeup, I had to practice a ton. I would take a day off, and just spend hours in front of the mirror doing it over and over.

Bridgette

Paula, your list is efficient and mostly in a good sequence, too (I apply foundation before concealer, then a setting powder over the concealer). The number of different methods equals the postpubescent female population of Earth plus us CDers.

My cosmetologist specified basically your list, plus:

• after concealer and setting powder (and before making up eyes), dust entire face with matte powder;
      • instead of simple blush, apply a 3-color palette of bronzer, blush, and highlighter;
      • NYX eyebrow mascara for those. I’ve trimmed my eyebrows short for years lest they look like caterpillars;
      • Matte spray as the final step.

I have a dozen brushes of varying sizes, each labeled for its particular powder.

Keep going from your good start! Cosmetics are a big part of the fun of CD!

Paula
        Lady

Thank you so much for your input. It’s a bit overwhelming but I’m sure with you and all the help I got on here and with practice I’ll get it down.

As has been touched on previously, every face is different and so there may not be a “one size fits all” solution to this. Personally, I tend to go far lighter on the prep, using a beige beard cover/foundation with setting powder, then contouring with highlighter, bronzer, and shadow (an art form in and of itself). But then I add things like lipliner, liquid eyeliner, and false lashes when I’m in the mood. Then again, I’m a casual closet dresser so I don’t know how this sort of thing will stand up to the rigors of real life.

I think the important thing is to approach it with patience and confidence and as has been said before practice practice practice!

Paula
        Lady

Thank you so much for the advice

Perfect Paula…

Wow…what a regime!

I wake up, get up, drink a coffee… then wash face, dry, apply cleanser, a day mask is next… eyelash serum (most important), moisturiser with a +50 sunscreen and coloured (serves as my foundation)… ok, wait a wee while and drink more coffee then apply highlights and full foundation depending on the day before me… don’t need to look like a superstar! More Coffee then the wee touches of eyeshadow, eyebrows (I use an old mascara brush for that), good mascara like Youngblood and finally the 24/7 Maybeline lip gloss! Look in the mirror… critique… good to go!
      Most important though… finish coffee before you get going!

Régime de madame Polly

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Polly Stewart. Reason: Spelling
        Paula
        Lady

What if you don’t drink coffee lol?

Madame Paula,

Then you must turn to the other of the three ‘C’s! That being Cognac!
          For many years as a ski instructor in France my breakfast consisted of the three ‘C’s… coffee, of course, Cognac (a triple) and something now long gone… cigarettes. It was France in the eighties and nineties!

So… substitute coffee for the beverage of your choice… oh, right… Champagne 🍾🥂

Hicc, P..poll..y

Anonymous

Its all down to my mood and time frame as im alttle slow with it and the full works can easily take over an hour but my main focus is to try and look as natural as possible. I find eyes lips and blush to be the key parts that make the most difference fast,eye liner always with wings and the 3 tone eyelids make a massive difference for me but can happly sit a play round all day so can be hard to no when to stop. Also i find it helps to always moisturize first and let dry also always always always try and keep your brushes clean and coffee or wine is a must layla x

Paula
        Lady

Thank you for the advice 😙

That seems like a good list and order. Personally, I do primer, cover, Concealer, foundation, eye primer, eye brows then lids, liner, and mascara. Once I’m happy with that the rest is easier. Bronzer, highlighter, blush, blend and lips 💋. How heavy i go with eye lids is dependent on function and time of day. Even a no makeup look takes time and lots of makeup. And tons of practice!

Have fun, girl!

Bridgette

I’ve posted this before but hope this helps…..

People have ask me how do I apply my make-up and what products do I use when I apply it. So here is the easy 10 step process of MY makeup application routine, I know everyone has their own way, and I may be applying my makeup 100% wrong, but once again this is what works for ME. I will do my best to explain all MY steps, and the products/brushes I use in the best detail that I can.

Face Prep: I wash my face really well, and shave with a fresh sharp razor. We want a fresh clean oil free platform to work with. So lets begin the show!

Step 1: Start with a basic pore filling primer. I just use my finger to apply the pore filler around/on my nose, forehead and cheeks. Pretty much anywhere my pores are huge is where I apply the pore filler!  (Product: Maybelline: Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer)

Step 2: False Lashes. I glue my false eyelashes on at this time, this allows me to fumble around with them and not mess up my makeup. Use a small amount of lash adhesive on the false lashes, wait about 30-60 seconds then apply them to you eyelids. Sometimes I’ll use the back of a small brush to push the false lashes into place on my eyelid. (Product: MAC: 33 Ingenue lashes, Kiss: Ever EZ Lash Adhesive)

Step 3: Foundation. Apply the foundation with a basic egg shaped Sponge Blender. The foundation should be applied lightly all over the face and applied thicker around the beard area of my face. Concealer is also applied lightly under eyes and heavy around the beard area. Make sure that the products blend well, you don’t want to have streaks on your face.  (Product: MAC: Full Coverage Foundation NC35, MAC: Studio Fix 24-Hour Smooth Wear Concealer NC25, Basic Egg Sponge Blender)

Step 4: Powder and bronze. I Lightly dust loose powder all over my face and neck with a large powder brush. Then I add bronzer to the outer edges of my face using a contour brush. Don’t go crazy this is just to contour a little bit. (Product: MAC Studio Finish Face Powder, Physician’s Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer, Brushes: Tweezerman iQ Powder Brush, Urban Studio kabuki contour brush)

Step 5: Blush. Smile and very lightly apply on the “apples” of your cheeks. Don’t put too much or you’ll look like a clown. I sometimes will just finish with one to two light brushes on the nose too. (Product: MAC Mineralize Blush, Brush: Tweezerman iQ Blush Brush)

Step 6: Eye brows. I draw a nice arch for each brow with a small sharp angle brush using dark powder, then go back with a light brown to blend the two colors. (Product: WetNWild Ultimate Brow Kit, Brush: MAC 263)

Step 7: Eye shadows! I love them, I use three different brushes when I apply eye shadow, one brush for each shade. I start with a dark shade of eye shadow on the main part of the eyelid. Then apply a darker shade than the first one used in the crease of the eyelid. After this I use a light shade on the brow bone area. Next, I layer and blend the shades to get the colors to my liking. Last, I use a small brush with a  touch of pure white in the inner corner of my eyes this just makes the eyes “pop” Don’t believe me? Try it! (Product: MAC Pro Eye Shadow (Pro Palette Refill Pans, Brushes: MAC 239/219/224)

Step 8: Eye liner. I start by pulling the outer corner of my eye with my finger then draw a small width line on each I use a liquid liner. I only do the top lid, do the bottom if you like, I do not. (Product: Clinique: Pretty Easy Liquid Eyeliner Pen)

Step 9: Mascara. I use light strokes and not too much mascara on the wand, I don’t want clumps on my lashes. Just coat the lashes, top and bottom, remember it’s not a race, take your time. I sometimes will do the blink trick to apply: hold the wand close to the underside of the lashes and then just slowly blink your eye.  I use two different products, both work well. (Product: MAC: In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara/ Clinique: High Impact Mascara)

Step 10: Lipstick is last and ALWAYS is for me. Start at the bottom lip apply to the middle blot then reapply blot again. Fill in the missing areas. Make sure you don’t go all the way to the corner of the mouth or you look like the Joker. I match colors depending on the outfits. I use a few different products (Product: MAC Liquid lips, and standard MAC lip stick)

Double check everything, you may want to add a little powder here and there, but looking in the mirror….You’re amazing!

Aftermath: So we NEVER sleep in our makeup ladies….EVER!
      Removal, I start with removing the fake lashes first. Next, make-up removal wipes to remove the bulk of it. After that, I use round cotton pads with miceller water. Once everything is pretty much gone I finish with “take the day off” to totally remove the makeup. Now that you have all that makeup off, use a nice face cream to protect that pretty face of yours.  (Product: Neutrogena: Ultra-Soft Makeup Remover Wipes for Waterproof Makeup/Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water/ Clinique: Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips)

I’m not star on the red carpet yet, but I’m often satisfied with the results. Your profile pic looks fab.

Bridgette

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?