Viewing 34 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

For me it was shopping at the Outlet shops in the Pocono’s.

First time out I went to a bar to watch my friends band.  While sitting with his wife, she t old me that her husband also dresses.  It came as quite a surprise because we had been good friends for several years and neither of us knew.

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

First time out, over 13 years ago, I was  visiting a dressing service, as I had no clothes, makeup, or makeup skills and wanted to attend a Tri-Ess meeting as what I then thought would be a one-off experience to add to my list of new things tried. I had never met a crossdresser, did not know I even WAS one, but didn’t want to make a 600 round-trip drive just to observe, but to experience what it would feel like. After getting dressed and made up I was expecting no more, but the proprietor ushered me out the door, and directed me where to take her. Before I knew where we were going I was being asked by a valet at a fancy French restaurant for the car keys. In shock, I replied in my male voice, then struggled to exit the car in heels I had never worn and had no clue how to handle. It would have made a great Candid Camera video! The next morning she had me drive to a Macy’s realized the door entered the dress section, our apparent destination, so immediately sought refuge by ducking behind racks as she scouted out dresses and beckoned me to the changing room. I picked out two dresses which have stood the test of time and remain among my favorites. Not wanting to show male ID at checkout, I paid cash. After that was a Chik Filet full of teens. By the time I eventually got to my meeting that night I had numerous “firsts”, most of which caught me, and perhaps others, totally by surprise, looking like a deer caught in headlights..

Harriette
      Lady

The real first time that I was dressed in public was in my neighbourhood late at night, but that wasn’t a poll choice.

I hadn’t said anything to my wife about what I was doing, so when she slept, I got a bright dress and stuck it under my armpit, to avoid my building’s security camera. Can’t be too careful. It was warm, so I wore comfy sandals, found a dark enough area to hide, then changed, and started wandering around local streets with bare legs while carrying my drab clothes. My god there are too many people in a big city driving or walking around at 2 in the morning coming from all directions! That’s scary for an inaugural run! Not sure when I will do that again.

Otherwise, my first experience during the day was in a mall. Not so scary in a crowd, I guess.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Harriette.

my first time in a blue dress at a support group dinner in a public restaurant

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Four years old mum  dressed up as a lady for a fancy dress competition. I won, got a prize and loved every minute.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

First time presenting fully en femme was at a wine bar with my wife and another couple. It was very busy on a Saturday evening. We me them at Santana Row in San Jose, CA. One of the members of the other couple worked at this wine bar and was working that day until 5pm.

It was a lovely evening! Also had to get the courage up to use the ladies restroom for the first time that night. Lots of stuff in a day…

Have fun out there

xoxo

Rayna

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

None of the categories fit my first experience, so I did not check anything.

My first experience completely dressed as a female was at five years of age, when I served as a flower girl at a wedding.  How this came to happen is a very lengthy story, but it did mark my first experience being completely dressed as a female.  Prior to five years of age, I had already been showing an interest in many female things, such as wearing my mother’s high heels, playing with her cosmetics, having older relatives paint my nails, etc.

Several of the above.  Last week, had my first makeover in Las Vegas .  I drove to the hotel, checked in and strolled to a restaurant and bar. Then went window shopping. After Amy had worked her magic on me, was totally at ease.  It helps to have other sisters with you, and be out in a town like Vegas where you don’t stand out, but are just a part of the “ circus”.

Hi Lanna I’ve only ever been out En Femme in my car, I always went out late at night because no one can tell that I’m a crossdresser in the dark, I’ve been out about 3 or 4 times dressed up, one time i parked up in a town not far from where i live and went and did some window shopping, there was no one about and it was wonderful just to walk around feeling so feminine X

Hugs Rozalyn X

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

My first time out was to a large state park. I walked around a few areas where there were people picnicking and sat by a lake for a while. Got to feel the breeze blow up my denim skirt for the first time!

The one year anniversary of that day is coming up on May 5th and I’m going to put on the same clothes and go back to the park to celebrate. I now live virtually my entire life dressed as a woman so it’s been an amazing year.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

If wandering along a beach at night in Perth  or Adelaide, Australia counts, I guess that would be it. But that was close to 40 years ago and also quite possibly a silly thing to do. =Woman? alone at night alone on a beach? “BTW” My job involved a lot of interstate and overseas travel, so thats how come I was in the above cities on a regular basis.

From my viewpoint I regard my “starting point” as attending a CD group meeting in Perth, again, a very long time ago. The location was out past the airport and I used to stay at the opposite end of the city out by the beaches. (See above). So I got up lots of courage and drove there and back dressed…

But again that was at night.

Since those “good old days”, I progressed to going to dressing services in the UK and Canada and going out femme from there to either night clubs, or in one instance driving from Plymouth down to Cornwall (Many “tales of my exploits” can be found in my articles and photos on this wonderful site)

Locally, (Covid notwithstanding) , I get out 2-3 times PA and go bra or normal clothes shopping or out for dinner. Have a big “anniversary dinner” coming up next week. Fingers crossed it all comes off OK.

J J
      Lady

Not exactly one of the choices, so I choose the mall. I went window shopping in our downtown main street at night. It was quite busy and I was nervous at first, but after passing the first few people without a second glance I settled in and had a lovely walk. I have been out many times since, and never had the least issue.

None of the above. My first time was right in my own neighborhood.

Angela Wagner
      Managing Ambassador

My first time out was at a museum, but that wasn’t one of the choices offered. So I chose grocery store, because that’s where I went the second time. Close enough, I suppose.

This was before I came out to my wife and I got fully dressed and drove a short distance away from my house , parked car and hit out and walked up and down a quiet street.

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

I voted for restaurant but my first time being truly out was checking into a hotel, it was an odd experience for me when I handed over my male drivers license and credit card to the clerk. She didn’t bat an eye probably because this was only half a mile or so from the hotel where keystone was being held so I assume I wasn’t the only person she had dealt with. The restaurant was a group trip with about 10 other dressers, a few short hours after this and it went fine no one seemed to pay much attention to me so it was a positive experience for sure.

Emily
      Lady

The first time was a short walk around the block where I lived. I really was not prepared well as it was a spur of the moment thing. I was MUCH younger and not at all experienced in the ways of crossdressing. I didn’t even have any clothes of my own, I “borrowed” some of my wife’s things. I remember it being a very short skirt, pantyhose, a bra stuffed with socks, and a leopard print top. I did get whistled at by a couple guys standing on a street corner! It was the most nerve wracking thing I have ever done. Now, I go out at least once a week in broad daylight.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

You needed another choice, I am primed and ready but haven’t done it yet. I have been for short walks, but at night and alone, with little chance of running in to anyone. Definitely not the same as being somewhere with interactions with others.

Leonara
        Ambassador

Small steps Carolyn.. as you know from my experience .when the planets, moon, and stars align and the first time out presenting our true self feels so natural… I hope your time will come… warmest regards, Leonara

First time in public was going to a drag show with another cd and totally enjoyed it while others were en femme if not in drag. Not sure if this counts as being in public though lol.  After that it was just walking the streets and malls in a casual Debbie mode style of dress with a companion.

Gail Rich
      Lady

Very gradual beginning. Short drive/ walk at night. Pump gas at night, then day. Drive through fast food. Convenience store. ATM. Subway to order a sandwich. CVS to buy make up. That is as far as I have gotten.

Anonymous
      Lady

Not strictly a park but a promenade along a quiet seafront.
      Rachel

Leonara
      Ambassador

My first time out en femme was exhilarating and fulfilling. I wrote my experience here in one of the forums… although I voted a bar but it was a cd/tg friendly party held once a month. I admit my anxiety was soften by a friendly sister, Terri, here on CDH. I am so grateful for her friendship that I was able to make my “first time” so memorable !!  And yearn for more… Thank you, Terri …….                                  warmest regards,    Leonara

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

Your planets and stars did align I remember. I can understand your desire now to do it again.

I didn’t vote on this one because none of the choices were right for me.  My first time out in public in femme was at a CD/TG group meeting.  Since then, I’ve also been to a restaurant (with the group) and gotten a makeover at Sephora.

My absolute first time was a kind of spur of the moment quick drive  up to the Starbucks in my neighborhood. It was early in the AM, still dark. I was very casually dresses  yet feminine with skinny black jeans and pink sweater, full makeup and wig of course. There were very few people there, but I did not arouse any interest at all.   I bought a cup of coffee and interacted with no one except for the cashier. Feeling fairly comfortable at this point, I forgot myself and said “Thank You ” in my regular masculine voice. The look on her face was priceless! I got back in the car and laughed heartily. Perhaps my most memorable cup of coffee.

Shopping with my daughter at Walmart.

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

hi…………..for me it was a large cemetery …………………someplace way out……………enjoyed the grass………trees………..the warmth of the sun on my face and open back………………..pony tail…………..feeling free …….sexy and girly!!!!  Drove around……………..then……………….put my sweatshirt and athletic pants over my skater dress…………..to leave………………………karley

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I went to a Barnes & Noble bookstore and then to a mall. It was scary and exciting at the same time.

Hugs, Liara

It was a bar in our neighborhood. We went there to drink some coffee. It was a little scary, but it was still pretty easy to do, because this town was a new place for us and nobody knew us. I realized that nobody cares about my clothes here. Now I’m not scare to go out anymore

My first place was not listed: I dressed to drive to the city over two hours away to pick up a client. Being dressed in the car in broad daylight was so satisfying and wonderful that I finally committed to dressing in public. The only drawback was trying to find somewhere to relieve myself in an emergency. This was a major issue until our state opened the rest area restrooms to me. I eagerly awaited my next trip and for the first time I did not have to find an abandoned building, or slog into the woods. I sat and cried for almost fifteen minutes. It was as if the government had officially stamped my identity as “good” or “acceptable”. After that I began going shopping for clothing, shoes (oh the shoes!), and food. Then I began to go to restaurants, the library, even several local stores I frequent in drab!

I so wish I was as brave as you! Good for you.

You are sooo brave! I went to a small county park here in upstate NY. I explored all the ingress and egress routes and planned my walk very carefully. I also go to cemeteries ( a bit morbid, I know) because people leave you alone there. I’m terrified of getting outed! Sometimes just a drive works for me as well. I know, I’m such a coward!!

Jenny

J J
        Lady

No, you are not a coward, you are just not secure in yourself and your dressing, yet. It takes time and most of us had the same fears and trepidations about going out i. public. Most of us still do to some degree. It gets easier with time and practice, and just being out and realizing nobody cares.

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, Michelle. It means alot. I’m not so much afraid of the “looks”, more afraid some sexually repressed uptight redneck is going to take issue and try to kick my ass. Where I live, upstate NY, there are alot of crazy hicks. Don’t get me wrong, I can take care of myself, but the last thing I want is to be rolling around in a Walmart parking lot with my wig rippped off getting run over by a rusted diesel pickup with my skirt around my head and my forms getting stepped on and torn! It’s a crazy world and there’s so much nonsense. Just can’t understand why people just can live and let live.
          And besides, even the toothless redneck girls up here would join in on the asswhooping, as I’m prettier than 90% of most of them! Sometimes, the redneck chicks are scarier than the guys!!
          Your kind words are noted.

Jenny

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Jenny Lynn.
      Petra Sue
      Lady

My first time out was as part of a makeover package.  I got all dolled up in a LBD, we went to dinner, then to a bar.  I loved how I looked, but also remember feeling very vulnerable and exposed.

I can only imagine the fear and apprehension! You are a brave soul. I’m happy it went well for you!😀

My first time out en femme I just ripped off the bandage and went for it. I wrote about it at length here somewhere, one of my first CDH posts. Our local bar and restaurant, where we frequent often enough to call it our “community center,” was having an anniversary party and cocktail attire was indicated. I came en femme with my wife, to the surprise and delight of our friends and neighbors. It was super fun and I’ve since been back en femme several times. The 300 foot walk to the bar was more nerve wracking than walking though the door. I just said “here we go” and did it.

For me it was a little over 3 weeks ago. While technically, I was not outside, I was in the store and tried on some new clothes I had ordered. I had formed a friendship with the sales ladies, the store manager and they were aware of me as “Jessica”. I brought with me one of my wigs, heels, lipstick and nylons to complete the look. They were very excited and happy to see me when I came out of the dressing room in my (several) new outfits. They said that I looked beautiful and loved the “fashion show”. Several customers saw me and simply smiled. One lady even winked when she smiled! I was so tempted to leave the store still dressed enfemme, but realized that I hadn’t gotten to that point yet. It didn’t help that it is an outlet mall with store entrances that led outside and that it was a cold and windy day. Reluctantly, I returned to my drab clothes to leave the store but was so elated and had gained the confidence to know that one day I will return and walk through the door from the outside, to see my friends.

Rhonda Lee
        Baroness - Annual

Good for you! Some of my most memorable experiences have been in stores. The sales ladies are all very helpful and complimentary. Your experience is very typical to mine. Of course they will earn a commission for their sales so have every incentive to treat you well, and many are trained to know how to deal with such things, to avoid any potential issues for the store, but I’m sure they are well meaning and truly want to be supportive and accepting. A good store  will stress this to their employees and they do get it. I believe most stores are “safe” audiences, most especially those who have trained their employees to welcome crossdressers, like Torrid, Lane Bryant, Soma, Victoria Secret, Sephora, and Macy’s, among others, truly enjoy helping those of us who merely want to be treated well and accepted for who we are without any sense of condemnation. On line sites have learned that there are more male customers than female who buy feminine items such as pantyhose, so retailers would be blind, insensitive, and just crazy not to befriend crossdressers.

Thank you Rhonda. This was a Torrid store and I feel I have made real friends here.

Hippie
      Lady

New Years Eve 1999

Black cocktail dress and drunk off my butt

Where I was at a dance club full of college kids and the the girls where all over me.

I was rocking the dress and was parting like an animal

Been dressing openly ever since

Hippie

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?