Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Note: The names in this story have been changed for their privacy.

So I did something amazing on Saturday. I actually went out of the house as Michelle. I wanted to walk into Torrid dressed as Michelle!

So I put on a bra with my new full breast forms, black tank with a blouse and put on some of my shorts. And I wore my favourite ankle boots. It was too warm to wear jeans and I thought that the shorts went well with the outfit.

So I drove over to the mall, put on my sunglasses and a mask (Covid did bring something good that people still walk around in masks) and walked into the mall fully dressed! I walked around a little bit. I really like walking in these boots with these heels. I am getting used to them. Then I walked into the Torrid store.

I was greeted by Kathy. I have dealt with Kathy before. She was the one that helped me with my Bra Fitting (see other story in forum) and she gave me a huge smile and said, “Hello Michelle! Don’t you look amazing!” I told her that this was the first time walking in the mall like this. She smiled and gave me a high five! I just gave her a big smile. She introduced me to the other girl working with her, Kimmy and she was adorable too. Kathy asked me what am I looking for today. We walked around the store as she picked out outfit after outfit. She asked “Yes or No”. I mostly said Yes but I told her that I will not wear red. Red does not work for me.

I could keep on going and explain everything but to make a long story short, I tried on probably 10 different tops, 1 set of jeans (that I love and they look good on me too), 1 pair of shorts (that I didn’t like as much) and a couple of dresses.

At one point in the clothes fitting, Kimmy asked me what was my pronoun (she/her, they, them). I said When I am dressed up like this, I like she and I like to go by Michelle. She smiled and said, “Very nice to meet you Michelle.” She was so adorable and kind. I wanted to give her a hug so badly but I didn’t think it would be appropriate. Would it be? I really don’t know.

Kimmy came up to me and asked, “Michelle, what size bra are you?” I replied 40C. She stepped away and then gave me a new bra to try on. I fell in love with this bra! OMG so comfortable. After having it on for about a 1/2 hour or so, I noticed that I was sweating lots. Even though the store was air conditioned, I was still very hot. I told both of them that I was sweating like crazy, did they want me to take off the bra? They said, “Hell no! If you like it, keep it on. We will deal with it later.”

So after trying on each piece, I would walk out of the dressing room and walk in front of the mirror. I would get an honest opinion from BOTH ladies. I loved Kimmy’s reaction to some of the outfits. Some would be a huge smile and a “I like that!” and the others would be this deep frown with her finger in the air waving back and forth, No No No.

At one point another customer was trying on clothes. Since I was so comfortable, it sort of bothered me a bit but when she started to give her opinion, I felt even more relaxed. She would say things like, “Wow. That looks good. Don’t you girls agree!” and “Oh no. Not for you.” I even got a “I wish I could wear something like that.” So we all turned to her and said, “Why try it on!” Kimmy jumped at this and quickly went to get the top in the customer’s size. She tried it on and we all said that it really looked good on her. I said, “See. you can wear something like that.” Everyone giggled and I even got a HUGE smile from Kimmy and the customer.

So overall, it really was an amazing experience! Once you get comfortable, it can really be a fun experience.

Thank you Kathy and Kimmy! Thank you Torrid!

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by Michelle Byee. Reason: Updates and formatting

What a Great experience! What A Wonderful Day, Congratulations Michelle!!  Jill💖

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

That is one of the better first time out dressed stories I’ve heard Michelle. It’s a hell of a feeling isn’t it? Let me warn you though that it can get extremely addictive now that you’ve gotten the first time out of the way!

I think I know what you mean Fiona. I have been wanting to go back. Also, I want to go to other stores.

I am just worried that since I had such an amazing experience, is it going to be a let down if I have a good experience but not as good as this one at another store. I know they will treat me well at Torrid.

I still get worried that I am going to have a really bad experience. But yes, I can see how this is addictive. No wonder women like to go shopping. LOL

Fiona Black
          Baroness - Annual

You may or may not have a bad experience but don’t be overly concerned about it. Keep cool, smile, brush it off and move on to the next experience. All CD’s have had had things occur which may not be as pleasant as they would like but that’s life. Your good experiences and the absolute joy of being out & about will definitely outweigh the odd bad thing that happens on occasion.

So as a follow-up, my favourite store (you know what it is) was having a flash sale (50% off) and I wanted to pick up a bra. I wish I could afford more at 50% off but that is all that I could afford today.

I dressed up in a bra with full breast forms, pink t-shirt (deep v-shaped front), a pair of my shorts (that I pulled up high on my waist) and black wedge booties and headed over to the mall today. I decided to park in an easier place to park but that meant me having to walk more in the mall.

I walked right into the mall. I went in a couple of ladies clothing stores and eventually ended up at the store I wanted to go to. I bought my bra, tried on a couple of tops that the sales girls wanted me to try on. When I left I decided to walk around the mall a little more. I wanted to go to MAC and ask about some make-up but I forgot where it was located. I think I literally walked the whole mall. LOL

I’ll be honest with you, I noticed some weird looks but I just smiled back at them.

No one said anything. The person at MAC taught me a thing or 2 about some make-up. I also found out that they can do my whole face (which would be about an hour) for $75 CDN. Don’t know if that is expensive or cheap but I am going to look around. I really want to do that one day!

Ah to dream but only a month ago it was a dream for me to walk out of the house dressed. Now I have done it a couple of times so it just gets easier each time!

Anonymous

Michelle
        That’s Gingers ultimate outing is for makeover. One of wife’s boundaries. She has been more accepting. Went with Ginger to get wig, amazed she went. She was impressed at my courage, and said may have to borrow wig. Recently complimented my choice of outfits, even bought similar blouses the other week.
        Blessings Ginger

Anonymous
      Lady

What a great first outing Michelle! I have had some nice experiences at Torrid. They are very friendly and focus on you as the customer and know making a sale keeps the stores open.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

That was an amazing day! Thanks so much for sharing your story,

💕Lara

Anonymous

Sounds like great fun!

I have had some positive moments shopping, but not my first time out! My first step out the door was rather tentative, really just to move the sprinkler a bit, then back into the house! I think it took a couple days before I finally ventured to the mall. Before I dared do that, I gone to a local wig shop, and with the help of the staff, tried out 1/2 dozen wigs, finally settling on one that we all agreed looked good on me. It was a definite confidence booster.

That is one place I want to go is a wig shop and see what looks best for me. I have an idea but not until I try on one or two of them I will find my style. I think I know that once I have a wig, I will definitely more confident going out as Michelle.

Thanks for sharing and Hugs 🤗🤗🤗 and Kisses 💋💋💋
        Michelle

Don’t be afraid of it Michelle since most wig shops have all experienced serving a CD at one point or other. I always went to wig shops since trying them on is imperative girl to get just the right tone color and style. You will walk out walking on clouds. It does make a difference.

I totally agree. Good wigs are expensive and wig shops want to sell them. I went with my SO to a wig shop and the lady running it was so very helpful; I went en femme with forms, etc., and a cheap wig, actually three. She did not make any negative comments either verbally or by looks. She said that one of my wigs was OK but not great. I bought two wigs; no other customers while I was there and I bet I was the only sale that day.

Another advantage of buying from a wig shop is that they trim it to fit your features and show you how to take care of it and you can go back to get it cleaned and reset.

My SO says that having a good wig made all the difference to my ladylike looks. Best, Marlene.

Anonymous

Michelle,
      Love Torrid so nice. Dillard’s and Ross also good experiences. Ginger loves the local woman’s boutique that deals with prosthesis and wigs. Love my Raquel Welch wig. When you find a store that is comfortable stick with them.
      Hugs Ginger

Anonymous

Haley has been out many times, but never shopping! Hal has done all of my in person shopping, but I have found that most young retail people just want to help…they are used to all kinds of gender stuff that some of the more seasoned “helpers” seemed to be a little judgmental about. I bought a LBD last week in Francesca’s at Citrus Park Mall in Tampa, and just this moment lost the girl’s name from the top of my mind that helped me…damn😎 She was awesome, and although I wasn’t wearing my forms I tried it on, she checked it out on me and we both loved it! It would be cool to go as Haley, sounds like fun!

LBD Haley? LOL

I am glad to see that most stores are now more open in dealing with Transgender, Non-Binary and Crossdressers then they were in the 70’s and 80’s.

I worked in retail for many years for a photography store/photo lab and I had a fair share of dealings with Crossdressers. I treated them as normal customers. They had a wallet or purse and using their money, I was going to help them. I remember the comments from other staff when they left. I was upset with them to be thinking that way.

I remember a Crossdresser would only deal with me. Dealt with them for many months and then one day, they came into the store and bought over $1200 worth of products. Two good cameras, accessories and a ton of film that I knew they would come back to be processed. Seems that they were going on a long trip and trying to find a store that would deal with them. When they told me that, they said that they were giving up until they found our store.

They became a regular customer and only dealt with me or the store manager (and they didn’t like that) and that is it. When I left, I told the manager to thank them for coming in and to treat them very well! I found you a couple of months later that they stopped coming to the store because I had left.

This is why I don’t judge people by their looks. It is their personality and they way they treat people is what I judge.

That was a wonderful story, Michelle.  Never have shopped at Torrid as Rachel (need to get that done).  Had a wonderful outing when I was in Las Vegas this past April.  I went to the Fashion Show Mall on the Strip, entered Sephora for a makeover.  My artist (my apologies for forgetting your name) worked wonders on me.  She encouraged me to pick out some false eyelashes, but I told her I didn’t need them (was told that from a great CD makeover artist).  Her eyes widened when she applied mascara and my natural lashes popped.  Leaving the store, I felt like Rachel could take over the world.

Hi Michelle, glad you enjoyed your first outing – I’m sure you’ll be out and about every chance you get.

I go out every time I dress (weather permitting);  it just feels normal to me. I usually go for a nice walk as I’m time limited; although if I have longer I will go for a little shopping trip as well.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?