- October 10, 2020 at 4:09 am #392617Roberta BroussardParticipantRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 23Has thanked: 160 timesBeen thanked: 88 times
Ok, so I’m a little bit late coming to the party. I would so much like to be able to learn how to use makeup. With lock down, its seems impossible to take advantage of makeovers and such that are normally offered. Ive tried watching videos but its not helping. Any suggestions ?
- October 14, 2020 at 12:15 am #394399
- October 13, 2020 at 8:00 pm #394326Natasha KroberParticipantRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 17Has thanked: 95 timesBeen thanked: 61 times
- October 10, 2020 at 6:27 am #392651Caroline RossParticipantRegistered On: October 3, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 30 timesBeen thanked: 127 times
I tried to edit my reply but it did not work so just a few more points…
Check out the youtube channel The Makeup Chair the artist is really good.
If you want to feminize your face with makeup I would suggest google search the 7 different facial features between a man and a woman. This will help with contouring and highlighting your features.
Google search makeup tutorial for transgenders. The articles will provide makeup brands, applications and processes.
Last google search “19 insanely useful makeup tips for transwomen” it is a buzzfeed article written about Monica Prata. She has a business in New York.
- October 10, 2020 at 6:03 am #392636Caroline RossParticipantRegistered On: October 3, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 30 timesBeen thanked: 127 times
Makeup can be overwhelming and it requires practice.
A lot of the Youtube “makeup artists” are in there 20’s or 30’s and too be honest they know nothing about what highlight and contour mean.
I would look at Lisa Eldridge and search for mature she is a real makeup artist and you can learn about products, brushes and application from her.
Also suggest Hot and Flashy Youtube channel.
You may want to check out MAC cosmetics to see if they are offering their tutorial service. Well worth the money and time spent.
I believe in drugstore brands. In todays world makeup is for everyone. Go into a drugstore explain your situation and have them help you with the basics.
I would also suggest Morphe and Sephora.
Go into a store and ask for help. I know it can be easier said than done but we have all been there.
Makeup should be fun and a way to express ourselves. Trust me it will be over time.
- October 10, 2020 at 5:02 am #392630BigBangtheoryParticipantRegistered On: January 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 69Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 270 times
I was VERY late to the party and had never dressed until about two years ago after retirement. Since I have a extremely supportive spouse I can dress and try makeup freely. Since she was never one to wear makeup I had to learn on my own through online videos and lots of practice. After reading your profile, I think with gurls our age that less is better. When out I always check out cis women my age to get a feel for current trends in clothes and makeup. I think that you have to remember that the women we want to emulate have had a lifetime of practice and have gone through different stages of dress and makeup. I can say that through considerable time and expense I have found a look that works for me and really need to update my profile picture but I actually went out in public all weekend with that look. I have purchased numerous foundations, powders, eyeliners and eye shadows not to mention about a dozen wigs to find “my look”. I started out with products from the dollar stores to experiment cheaply. I actually watched a makeup video that used these and the reviews were favorable for the products. Even if I were to get a professional makeover I would still have to learn to do it again by myself. All I can tell you is that just like the cis girl we have to practice, practice and more practice. I will add that once you find your “look” spend the extra money on a good wig as it really makes a difference. Good luck with your new journey…. Stephanie
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.