Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

This past Saturday night, Halloween Eve, marked the 5 year anniversary of finding out I had Stage III Colon Cancer.  Two major hospital stays with surgery plus 5 minor side surgeries, a bout of pneumonia, surgical abcess, two full rounds of chemo and 1 round (28 treatments) of radiation, and I was pronounced clear.  The scariest time of my life, for sure.

Now, with that passing, in 104 days I will sit down with my GP, Endo, and my Oncologist to start a full day of tests to insure that I am clear, and may then proceed with starting full HRT.  One milestone leading to the next.

I found CDH after my final surgeries and rehab and feel most lucky to have ALL of you wonderful ladies that I can call friends and a sort of extended family.  The days until that meeting look open and clear for this part of my journey and I will stay positive to the end.  I do have a small kernel of worry that they will find something though.  With your help and advise as I go, I know that I will be okay.

Thank ALL of you beforehand.

PaulaF

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Paula F.
      Anonymous

So pleased for you Paula,

‘Lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it’s been’

I’m wishing and hoping your trip takes you to pleasant places.

Marti xxx

Thank you Marti.  Keeping positive.

“If you don’t give up, and you don’t give in, you may just be okay.”

PaulaF

Hope everything goes well for you Paula.
      Hugs
      Elizabeth

Thank you Elizabeth.

PaulaF

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Paula.  First and foremost I am glad you are now clear of that cancer! ❤

You have spent 5 years living through hell, now it is time to look towards the happiness that you so rightly deserve.  Let’s banish the “worst case scenario” attitudes and believe that all will go well for you – I pray it will!  104 days…. your time is coming soon, and I’m so happy for you.  As I said, you deserve this hon, so go get it! 🤗

Stevie

Anonymous

Hi Paula,

First congratulations on being cancer free that tremendous news. Please stay positive you will be absolutely fine, the next journey on HRT you totally  deserve to enjoy the happiness and contentment it will bring to your life as Paula, you certainly earned that right sweetie. We are all behind you 100%,

Lol Amanda xx

Thank you very much Amanda.

I am being as positive as I can be.

PaulaF

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Paula,

Happy that you are cancer free.

Keep that Positive attitude, it really helps!

I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your journey, and on to your new life as Paula!

Hugs,

Lara

Wishing you all the best Paula. May everything’s go well.

Love and hugs, Stephanie 💖

One day at a time Stephanie is all it takes to get there, where ever ‘there’  is.  Thank you.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Hi, my dear friend,

I’m thinking of you. In doing so I’m positive that you are upheld in love and friendship. You have sustained such a positive presence here and we are so much the better for that. I know the future can be a problem as well as a promise. So I ask you to look for the promise rather than the problem. I promise to stay your friend ( that maybe the problem??!!😂😂.
      Be assured that you have still so much to offer us all and don’t worry, that is not difficult, you have been there before.
      So stay close, tease and be humorous, show us all how to be true to our promises. You have inspired many and there are more to follow who will benefit from your presence here. Do not be afraid, we are all with you. We know you by name and we all belong together. Such is care, friendship and love.

Anya ( in gratitude for knowing you)

Anya, thank you for those wishes.  Problems will always be in our path, some bigger than others.  My best will be to deal with them as they show up, no side stepping or putting them off this time. “Squash’em like grasshoppers on a chrome grill.”

PaulaF

Well, it sounds like “a long and winding road,” but you made it! Congratulations! We’re all so happy for you! Onward and upward, right?

Hugs and Kisses,
      Fredrika

Fredrika, like John and Paul told us, the Beatles not the Apostles, “All You Need Is Love”.   And some sexy undies.  A hot LBD, some strappy heels and a string of pearls.

Thank you hon.

PaulaF

PS.  And don’t forget the big frozen lemon margarita.

That’s the best of news! I’m very happy for you. We all are, and we’ll be here for you all the way.

Bridgette

Thank you Bridgette.  Very much.

PaulaF

Anonymous
      Lady

I wish the very best of luck to you Paula and hope the test results are all negative and you can begin your journey in good health. Please let us know how it goes.

I’m a colon cancer survivor myself but in my case it was caught very early (lucky me) and with major surgery it was removed before it could spread. It wasn’t the hell you went through but scary enough. Colonoscopy’s are no fun but can save lives so all of you girls over 40 should have one. It might save your life too.

Yes Michelle, those ‘scopes are very important for us older broads.  And, they give you the good drugs too, all legal-like.  Lol.

Glad to hear you beat it too, hon.

PaulaF

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Paula.

Yep those drugs are really something. I’ve had quite a few scopes as follow up and once they didn’t give me enough…. ugh! The next time I had one I told them and asked for more of the drug…. wow! The only thing I remember is an orderly wheeling me out to the car and it felt like I was literally flying down the halls. I must have had a big old grin on my face because everyone who saw me smiled real big….. lol

I’m really hoping for the best for you.

Anonymous

Hello you special person xxx.

After all your trials and tribulations, you deserve a wonderful life. Im really hoping your small worry will quickly disappear and you will be able to continue on your journey. I’m so glad you found CDH, you are a beautiful addition to this place…

Huggs, grace 💓

Thank you Grace!  And, if the surgeon would have taken care of 3 of those small worries while he was down there, I could have taken a shortcut.  At least, soon, I won’t need to worry about the dangers of “The Tuck. “.

PaulaF

Anonymous

” 3 of those small worries”.. 🤣🤣 x

Brielle
      Lady

That’s wonderful!! We’ll all be praying and pulling for you to get the all-clear – not just for HRT, but it means you beat it, GF!

Hugs,

Brielle

The final word is the first goal for that day.  That is the 5 year point of the first major surgery and removal of the tumor.

My niece told me it was sort of my second birthday, but that will come once the main HRT is finished.  Soon!

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Paula F.
      Anonymous

HI Paula wishing the best for you Hope all goes great then can leave all those worries behind

Hugs

Donna

I will be following not too far behind you Donna, two new Texas girls loosed on society.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Be great Paula one in southern part and then yourself in the Northern Part. Now need 2 to cover the east and west parts lol Texas will never be the same with 2 great gals roaming the state.

Hugs

Donna

We can only hope Donna, but those Dallas girls can get a bit ‘Big City’ if we don’t watch them.

PaulaF

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Paula ,

I hope everything checks out to be O.K. so you can proceed your exciting HRT journey.

Love Sylvia

Thank you very much Sylvia.

PaulaF

Barb Wire
      Lady

Here’s to good news, Paula!

Yes, cancer can be beaten. My SO had two bouts and is now clear as anyone in the gen pop!

I’m sure you’ll come roaring back in our gen pop ready to tackle any topic with friendly verbal shanks!

🤗 Barb

Barb, thank you.  I try not to use verbal shanks too often with unarmed persons, unless they give me no other choice.  General population is safe, so far.  LOL.

PaulaF

Angela Booth
      Hostess

You have such a positive attitude Paula and you have my full admiration. I join with the others in hoping this is the start of something beautiful for you. 

Big hugs

My niece Stephanie has been helping me with my positivity, a LOT, and she won’t tolerate anything less.

PaulaF

Hi Paula,

Here’s to good news and the next step on your journey.

Alice

Anonymous

Hello Paula

Keep that positive attitude and you will beat anything, my very best wishes for you I really hope you can move on with your HRT.

Love Sarah

xx

Thank you Sarah.  It’s going to take something major to interfere with completing this.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Congratulations on your milestone, Paula.  I wish you all the best.

Thank you Stephanie.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Yay! Paula, I’m happy you’re doing well and elated you’re taking the next step. Blessings on you future and prayers for many more years of good health. 💋

Much love,
      Raquel

Thank you very much Raquel.

PaulaF

Thank you Bobbie. Over and hugs back to you!

PaulaF

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?