Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Rita Mcintyre
      Duchess

How is the experience going through airport security and in the airport and on the airplane

If your talking as dressed as Rita i cant tell you but i just flew from Montana thru Dallas then to PA each place was different but not not bad really to long between flights but everything was ok ..

Stephanie Bass

Rita Mcintyre
        Duchess

Well we’ll see how it goes tomorrow. I little nervous but I’m all set. Thanks everyone for your input. Rita

I get stopped every single time at TSA Security Scan, otherwise on the plane or in the airports I have no problem.  It’s not unusual for me to be misgendered which happens about 50% of the time and I’m not bothered by that anymore.  My ID says male with my legacy name and my picture shows me with long hair.  I carry the blue TSA Notification Card and my doctors letter but the scan of my body just doesn’t match up with what they are thinking it should be.  A few years ago I was separated and placed in a room for 2 hours to wait while they tried to find someone who understood me.  Once I just flashed the agent and almost got arrested when I got tired of being pulled out of the line  (not a good idea).  Now I expect to be pulled out after each scan and I just announce “I’m an Intersex person and yes you can touch me”  which they usually do and then send me on my way.  Some agents are more respectful than others but it’s about 50/50 for getting a smart mouth versus a sensitive one and it doesn’t seem to matter whether the agent is M or F.  I sometimes wonder what kind of training they receive in these areas but mostly just want to get through and not miss my flight.   My wife knows this drill and always goes through the line just before me.  She then gets my bags while I’m being inspected.  This takes anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes.  I don’t wear a bra in airports just to eliminate one item that may trigger in the scan (otherwise I always wear underwires) and dress in jeans and a shirt .   Incidentally you might not know that silicone forms are considered a gel over the weight limit in carry-on.  I’ve once had them confiscated from an expensive professional costume that I was bringing to a client in Vegas.   I had used my carry-on luggage since I wasn’t sure I trusted it not getting lost in baggage but they ripped them out right in front of me and and even considered taking the garment too.  When I got to Vegas I got new ones and installed them in the costume.  So, I never have had a dull experience when flying.   Just stay calm and answer questions truthfully and you should be ok..

Safe Journey,   Marg

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

My forms sometimes generate interest when going thru TSA security.  TSA agents are well trained and respectful.  I simply tell them I’m trans.  A quick inspection and I’m on my way.

You can request a private screening.  More info here.
      https://www.tsa.gov/transgender-passengers

In the airport and on the plane has always been uneventful.

Thank you for that great link, girlfriend!
        Hugs
        Jules
        💖

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

I forgot to mention….the 1st time I went thru a TSA checkpoint with my forms, I was screened by a MTF trans agent.  She was totally professional and even complimented me for living authentically.  A nice surprise I never would’ve expected.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Fly as Cyn all the time-never had any issues- just be sure to use your legal name and ID no matter how you are presenting. no one (TSA, airline staff, or other fliers) seems to notice or care. Just enjoy!
      Cyn

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Have not yet traveled in “full Rayna” yet… I have some Instagram “friends” that  have had HORRIBLE experiences in some locations where trans women that are a year into HRT are forced to remove a wig and even their MAKEUP because some douche TSA guy felt that they didn’t resemble the picture on the passport/ID.

I’m both afraid of that happening and ticked that it did.

I’m not sure how soon I’ll try that.

I have gone in all women’s clothing, and even worn a light amount of eye shadow, mascara, lip gloss.. but never the full show with hair…yet….

Some day,

xoxo

Rayna

ChloeC
      Duchess

I have never gone dressed, but I had a hip replacement several years ago, and I always inform them just before I enter the scan area. I always remove my shoes, belt, absolutely every piece of metal (and any loose item – metal or not) I can possibly find, even though supposedly with the pre-TSA certification you don’t have to do all that, I still do…all that. And 9 out of 10 times I’m flagged and I have to step aside and I’m hand scanned, patted down etc. It’s just one of those things that I’ve accepted.  I’ll be going on an international vacation in a few months with probably 3 chances of having to go through all that.  Oh, it’s not the hip replacement joint itself, it’s the screws.

I can just imagine being dressed and even with all the correct documentation, still being pulled out, and thoroughly searched out, patted down, etc. etc. every time – with the screws being the supposed reason.  No thanks!

Hugs, ChloeC

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by ChloeC.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?