Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

This is a follow up to my topic in Introductions at https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/gender-reveal-party/  In that topic I shared my Gender Reveal Letter that I posted to a select group of people on Facebook. Most of them were people I know at my church. I knew they would be the most accepting of my friends. I also shared it with a few longtime friends who I trust.

That was the first of August. I started on a light regimen of hormones 8/8/2020.

That week I went to church in a skirt and full en femme. I didn’t shock them with a wig, because my hair is longer now, down past my ears, so I went in my natural hair. (I’d love it to get longer.)

The mix of emotions as I walked up the steps and in the door was disorienting and deafening, but I was so relieved to be sharing my authentic self with a group of people. I felt a thrill at the acceptance, even encouragement from so many of them.

One of our spiritual leaders, during his Sunday talk, shared that he had a trans son, afab. He talked of some of the challenges his son, Asher, has and how he recognizes Asher as the same person who is now free and at ease to be himself. And one of our board members is genderfluid, afab, and very active at getting our church into the 21st century. Some of them are still resisting, if you can believe it, lol.

With distancing and many of our members reluctant to gather at all, the attendance is less than 30 people in a room that holds 500, so I cannot hide, lol! I just walked in, mask on, waving at people, and went to my usual area of the room and sat down.

Since then I’ve attended almost every time en femme, usually in a skirt. The energy virtually vibrates in my whole body with the freedom to express. This has given me so much more confidence in my everyday life. Even with Zoom, I’m much more likely to dress for meetings and workshops.

One evening soon after my gender reveal party on FB, I was playing virtual euchre with some friends, all of whom I had included in the FB post. As we were getting ready to shut down for the evening, John asked, “What are you wearing, there?” and I stood up in front of the camera to show off a simple dress that I was wearing. I didn’t hesitate, or pause. I just talked about it and showed it off. No fancy makeup, no wig, just being me.

I look back 2 months ago, and feel like I’ve gained SO much confidence and ease with myself and those around me since then. I’ve been on this journey for 5 years, so I’m a slow – very slow – bloomer. Who knows what else is coming?!

Anonymous

Lorie

I am so pleased to read this hun.

There is nothing better than a free, happy soul.

I am so proud you did this.

Keep up the great work and keep us posted about your wonderful advancements.

Hugs

Natasha💋

Hi Lorie,

How wonderful to hear you’re doing well and enjoying the real you!

Alice

Anonymous

Lorie sweetie, this was a beautiful blog to read. I admire your courage and strength and determination to reveal the true you..
      Truly happy that you have been accepted as Lorie in your community and hopefully your friends too.
      Best wishes to the future as Lorie.
      LOL Amanda X

Thanks, Amanda, “Truly happy” describes my feelings, as well. I’ve surrounded myself with a chosen family that is awesome.

Hugs, Loren

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?