Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi girls, do you follow fashion trends in clothes or do you dress how you want to. I follow fashion to a certain extent but I’m not governed by it. I don’t wear colours just because they’re “in” but I do wear current styles if they suit me. I’d love to know what you think. Hugs, Ann.

I really wish I could pull off a lot of the current trends. I have ALWAYS been into fashion (I even designed clothes when I was in my early teens until my mother found my sketch book and told me to stop because that wasn’t right). I’m still a bit overweight and I’m 47 years old so I have been buying what I feel like works for me. But the weight and inches are coming off and who knows. [side note: what pisses me off the most about what my mom said was seeing styles 10 years later that I had thought up]

Wow! It’s never to late to be the next ………. and your favourite fashion designer!

The thought has crossed my mind many times since then. I do have another creative outlet that’s completely unrelated and incredibly manly that has me in the public eye where I live. It’s even had me on live TV a couple  times and a news interview just this year alone. It consumes a lot of my spare time and I just don’t think I could contribute anything really stellar in fashion unless I went to fashion school to develop that part of me more. But I do love it and it’s helped me build my limited wardrobe as I prepare to go public as Mika.

I guess if I’m buying new items recently does that count as what’s in fashion at the moment?

[postquote quote=414273]
      WOW!!  Being artistic myself, I’m sure that pisses you off.

My Dad did the same to me about designing big huge houses/mansions…Ah there’s no money in that. 🙄

LOL, I know! It just kills me. And it’s so funny because whenever I do something well now (that’s manly, of course) they’re just all about how I should do that more and how much money I could make. Sheesh! Parents!

Ann

Like others I’m a combo of both.  I use fashion as a reference like what goes good with a black pencil skirt.  Then I look for them like a simple white dress shirt or or red blouse! Keeping it budget friendly too.

Yet I will try something that I think looks classy or sexy.  Certain colors Im not a fan of so I stick with my own palette.

Robyn 💃

Anonymous

boring I know, but I just buy and wear what I like …pure and simple. I couldn’t just wear something because the latest celeb has one…even if I could afford it…..

The catwalk to me, is somewhere to exercise your moggy…

Smiles, grace xx

Anonymous

Not really, I do wear items that are of a certain fashion (chokers, hats) But I really have my own sort of style over a ‘fashion’ I think style outlasts fashion which is permanently changing.

Hi Anne

I find I am always kind of assessing what women are wearing when Im out and about. And I think yes it does influence my style to some extent.

Trends at the moment I’m loving, and seeing in my daily lives are big over the shoulder tote bags in all colours and materials from designer makes in beautiful leather, to cheap and cheerful. And if you are out shopping they are really useful.  I was in the city centre today and if I wasn’t so ‘switched on’ to what women wear I wouldn’t have noticed almost every second women had a big tote bag slung over a shoulder. Plenty room for Christmas gift shopping (in addition to make up, hairbrush, compact mirror, tissues, water bottle, purse, phone, perfume, mints…🤣), and reduces the need for plastic bags when buying Christmas gifts.

Another trend I’ve noticed is big in the shops at the moment are tailored overcoats. A bit like a suit jacket but longer and thicker. Had to resist the temptation to buy a long camel coloured wool coat with only one button to cinch the waist. If I was a professional city girl who has to look smart for work I would totally have bought it, buttttt😭I’m not.

❤️B

Anonymous

I follow fashion trends to a point.

I try and buy dresses and suits that are timeless.

But I do try and update my wardrobe with accessories.

I take a look at a dress I have and check out accessories, shoes/boots, handbags to update the look.

I struggle with what goes good with skirts and slacks so I am forever checking out fashion tips for shirts, blouses, sweaters, blazers, footwear.

Jessica

Fashion always puzzled me!

I like what I like – and, back in the 80s when I was an impressionable teen, I liked most things – but couldn’t get why people were so hostile about my favourite bands.

I’d see people get silly haircuts that didn’t suit them, go halfway with the New Romantic look – but in a conservative village it seemed no-one was really committed to anything artistic – it was all about the cash.

Not for me!

I liked those hated up and coming bands, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Motorhead – as well as that little known, vulgar, noisy bunch of American upstarts who called themselves Metallica.

I remember the hatred – 4 guys got out of a car and laid into me, shouting “Black Sabbath are sh**, mate.” I didn’t know who they were – I had long hair and a leather jacket, and they had short, trendy hair cuts, jeans and t shirts.

Following fashion seems like a kind of disease at that level. Why develop a hatred for someone on the basis of what they like is different to what you like? There’s enough hatred without adding to the general pool.

If you’re not sucked in, if you just like the styles for inspiration, that’s awesome. Fashion can and should be fun.

I like my own styles – more and more now I get to experiment more than I used to – but I 100% copy women whose styles I like, and consider would work on me.

Since I’ve been dressing regularly, I am getting more into the male expression – the power of a well cut coat and fashionable shoes. Even designer glasses.

These all sell an image – a total lie, an act – but, to progress, you need to dress up.

Playing with styles is fun, and life should include lots of fun, but growing a family requires work, and image sells you, as a marketable product.

TBH, this could just be the Jack Daniels typing…

Love Laura 😍

Hi Laura a girl after my own heart your choice of bands spot on and especially the Jack Daniels just perfect hugs girlfriend.

💋💋💞 Stephanie Bass

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I pay some attention to fashion, but mostly I wear what I like.

Hi Ann nice to meet you and as havent been able to go out side my house im a fashion girl of my own dreams im trendy to my own mind as fashion is nice and some styles are great.  Im just a girl at heart and love what i have some new some old just being me  .

Stephanie Bass

OMG! I’m about to check your photos, girl! I LOVE so much about India. The culture, the history, the cuisine, the women, and the sarees.

Anonymous

Hi Shreya, I’ve looked at your public photos. Wow Shreya, you’re stunning! Ann. X

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?