Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

A random thought:  what would you ladies consider to be the best in the world?  English, French, Italian, Chinese, Scottish [ yeah, everyone loves ground up offal…] Indian or Thai?  (By the way – the real answer isn’t one of those – but I won’t tell anyone what it really is until there’s been at least 50 votes…)  Irritating Inga…

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by BillieJay.
      Anonymous

Toss up between Italian and Chinese!!

Tough to choose!

Wife is a Chef, so usually I don’t have to choose!!

DDR.T.J.

Anonymous

So, so lucky – my normal choice is between what I really don’t like and what I really don’t want… and I do all my own cooking…  Bad Chef Inga.

Gwyneth
      Lady

Fried chicken — so American

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I voted Italian – that would be the U S version of Italian. I do have one Question on your poll is English the same as American?
      . Sandy

Anonymous

NOOOOO!!!  While many of the younger generation seem to be addicted to greasy dogburgers as per U.S.A. we still have some decent, healthy dishes over here, we still use fresh ingredients, we still eat vegetables and our obesity plague only afflicts half of us………  Yeah – I’m being deliberately provocative there, but English food is NOT the same as it is in the middle bit of that land on the wrong side of the Atlantic……  Overly English Inga.  (Oh, come on – they named the country after me!)

Anonymous

Hi Inga…

English Sunday Roast

Roast Beef, Roast Potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, Roast Parsnips, Brussel Sprouts….thick gravy and lots of horseradish sauce….extra hot….with a glass or two of red.

followed by a snooze on the sofa, and I wake up and all the washing up is done…..NOT!!!!.

Grace xx

Amy Myers
        Baroness

Oh Grace, that is one of my all time favs! For years and years that was Sunday dinner cooked be my Mother, and it still something I love the most. Though I don’t have it nearly as often as I used to. Of course I learned from her how to cook, and do roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding!

Amy

Anonymous

Amy.

Living alone, I have to cook….I cannot live out of a microwave.and those…..” ready meals”….yuk.

I make a very passable Yorkshire pudding…..not ready cooked ( what’s that all about!!! )….from a shop….

Horseradish huggs…..haha xx

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  That sounds tasty.

Any leftovers????  😁

( I’ll pay the postage, just send it over! )

Interesting Inga…

I cook 340 days a year, give or take and my personal style is European fusion/Mediterranean. Healthy, filling and satisfying.
      I also cater for dinner parties etc. thereby having to cook food that those that pay… say!
      Now, my choice for your poll was Italian rather than French as the food is rather plain and peasant food but with wonderful produce and savours. Throw a bottle of cool white or rosé into the bargain…

I would like to put in a special mention for Scandinavian cuisine… pickled herring! OMG, my favourite all-time fish dish.

I thought the inclusion of Scottish cuisine(?) and English was disingenuousness itself! They don’t have cuisine!

Gordon bloody Polly🍝🥫🫕🥗🥙🍤🦪🧀🥖🫒🧄🧅🌶🥓

Hi Inga,

Leftovers tonight for dinner  from my Chinese order a couple of days ago.

Alice

Anonymous

I now this is going to sound strange (me – strange?  Quelle Horreux!) but you’re right – why does leftover takeaway seemingly taste so much better the following morning?  You really can’t beat cold Mushroom Madras… not that I tend to leave anything for the following day that often… which is why I’m still on a strict(ish) diet…  Overweight Inga.

I do like most foods but my favorite hands down is good old southern home cooking. The reason it tastes so good is because it’s so bad for you like most things that you really love and crave. Stephanie

Anonymous

I didn’t vote because I like all sorts of food and couldn’t decide which was the best, I love Chinese and Italian food and English food too,

I love jam roly poly but not (spotted William) lol I don’t think i could have used the other word x

I’ve never tried Japanese food yet I’m not big on raw fish, i like my fish cooked with chips xxxxx

Hugs Rozalyne x

Tittering teenage schoolboys aside, the “dick” in spotted dick is an old local dialect term from the part of England that now is now Yorkshire for pudding and, etymologically, comes from the same word as dough.

In other parts of the UK, at a similar time it was also known as spotted dog!

-A.

Anonymous

For me Italian eveytime so many great sauces pasta and cheese my poor waist line lol x

Okay, this is a hard one.

My favorite international cuisine of all is Italian, hands down.  Everything from simple pizza and spaghetti (home made of course) all the way to a gorgeous Polo Marsala and/or Polo Scarpariello on angel hair pasta with plenty of red pepper mixed in.  The personal challenge I enjoy, is eating Italian food wearing a white blouse and taking care to get NO spots through the entire dinner.

My favorite meal of all though is a good old slow cooked Yankee Pot Roast that has cooked all afternoon and can be cut with your fork, and dipped in a medium intensity horseradish sauce.  Cooked with the baby potatoes, carrots and baby onions in the same roasting pan.

Who is going to tell General Tso that we are eating his chicken on a fairly large scale?  Love most Chinese chicken dishes pretty well too.

Okay, maybe it wasn’t as hard as I thought it might have been.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Errrmmm… General Tso… who he?  Mao Tse Tung, Chang Hai Shek and Lucy Liu, yes – but no clue on General Tso…  Please explain…  Anglo Inga.

General Tso’s chicken is an entree at nearly every Chinese buffet I have eaten at.  I don’t know if it actually originated in China or not, bit it is delicious.

Average sized chicken bites, breaded, mildly spicy but noticeably so, served in a sweet brown sauce, sometimes with onion or bell pepper or even both.  Very good tasting.

PaulaF

Don’t get me wrong, some of my best Friday and Saturday nights have been because of a lovely Italian or French meal with a Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio or a nice deep Merlot.

However, my all out favourite has to be American.  Every time I go to the US (back in them days when you could) I was so excited by finding new restaurants, going back to favourites and enjoying everything and naturally I try to replicate that at home but “authentic American cuisine” is rarely ‘authentic’.  It’s a shame I have to do some work while I’m there as well, ssshhhh don’t tell the office *giggles*

Bring on 2022 when I have tours of both New England (work based) and North East (family) planned.

Love Rachel

My favorite is slow cooked smoked BBQ. Baby back ribs, brisket, spicy cheese sausage, Turkey, pulled pork. If I can put it in the smoker I will smoke it.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I would have voted for sauerbraten mit brat katoffeln und rotkohl with kasekuchen for dessert, but alas the Germans aren’t in the food poll…. how typical, lol. 😅

I had 2x bratwurst mit Pommes frittes for dinner last night.

Does that help? It certainly helped me 🙂

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Mmmm.  Comfort food 😁.   No need to worry about calories, nutrition, or anything like that!   Puts meat on your bones…. okay, I’m a bad example, lol.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Inga, I’m going to go with Mediterranean cuisine.  Healthy and delicious and relatively easy to make (though there are some exceptions).  But really I like all types of food and we don’t really stick to any one country.  My kitchen is an international one.  Other ones missing from the list that I enjoy include Ukrainian and German.  I’ll even mix food nationalities.  The other day I made Indian butter chicken and added perogies with sautéed mushrooms & onions.  It was very tasty.  Darn and it is still over five hours until suppertime. Stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs, Krista.

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

Despite being gluten intolerant, I will blow the diet and suffer the consequences for almost all pasta dishes and fresh-baked bread. I am hoping and praying that we can return to Italy for a gourmet experience once it is safe to travel.

Mary,

You should try chic pea pasta. Some brands are better than others so you will have to try a few at least to find one you like.

Hugs,

Autumn

Anonymous

Chick Pea Pasta?  Never heard of that before, but it sounds intriguing.  Had a quick look on Google, and it seems it may be easy enough to find; I’ll give it a go.  Thanks for letting me know of this – no matter how much it damages my weight loss regime!  Still Overweight Inga……

This is a very hard question, we have so much good food here in Australia, I,m a chef by trade and have eaten all around the world.

Japan makes great seafood, then you go to Spain such a different style of cooking but amazing in flavour,

then you drive up to Italy simple but great, then around the corner you have the French complex but amazing, that is why I think here in Australia we have the best, as we have learnt to combine the world, In Melbourne I believe that it world have to be the food central of the world as we are a melting pot of different cultures

What a great topic

Thanks Paula XXX

Anonymous

Hey there, cutie:  I realise that Aussie cuisine ain’t just “Throw another shrimp on the barbie” but I must admit that I don’t really know much about it otherwise.  (Please remember that as I’m a vegetarian I really can’t be doing with anything concerning Witchetty Grubs, which are surely more Aussie than anything else!!!)  Could you give us all a bit more of an idea of what Aussie cuisine entails – and please don’t forget to include something in the way of Aborigine cuisine (if you can find something that us non-carnivores would find acceptable…)  And by the way – I’m afraid I’m always going to prefer Kiwi to Aussie… at the very least, we have a better Test Match record against them!……  Non-Antipodean Inga……

we also have great Veg and vegan food here as well, just look at the Australian Master chef

Steph, haven’t heard the name ‘Montana Tenderloin’ mentioned in a ‘coons age.  Breaded, deep fried and dipped in a nice horseradish enriched steak or BBQ sauce will certainly leave you fit to be tied. 😽🙀😎

PaulaF

Anonymous

Well, ladies:  this is the first note I’ve seen since we hit the 50 vote barrier, at which I said I’d reveal the correct answer.  But first – I’m going to say something very few folk would have predicted – Stephanie is right – mostly…  Yes; every style of cuisine has some fantastic dishes, often ones that you would never have predicted.  The most part of Steph’s note I can deal with in one go, but first I have to point out the obvious – any style of food is made at least twice as good by having it in the vegetarian version.  This may not make it “authentic” (especially for Scottish food…) but it’s tastier, more environmentally friendly and far, far more ethical.  Now, to Steph’s note:  yup, if you’re going to take the “wrong” decision to kill for a meal, you should utilise all of the animal – and if that means sheep’s eyeballs for breakfast you should have thought of that before you had lamb cutlets the night before.  But Steph… but didn’t you seem to put Gazpacho in with the meat dishes?  Maybe I’ve only seen the veggie version…

Now; the correct answer to the question (and while I’m not surprised at Scottish food getting no votes, how on earth did no-one vote for Indian!  Curry is SUBLIME!)  The correct answer is… (drum roll……) as Stevie Steiner nearly said – EASTERN EUROPEAN FOOD!  Borshcht with sour cream and sourdough bread to start with, followed by Pirogi Russki, probably accompanied by some Sirenye Pa Shopski (basically baked cheese and tomato) and for pudding Blini, maybe Syrniki (though that’s probably a bit too much cheese) or Pashka Pastila (basically pressed fruit topped with icing sugar).  Just one problem with that lot – you end up four dress sizes above where you started off – and believe me; I know…  Final note:  an apology for not including Mexican from the start – generally superb stuff that deserves the respect I didn’t offer it.  Now – I have to lay off the snap and get back to trying to get into that new miniskirt of mine……  Overweight Inga.

Ohh… Plumb,

Tears of laughter… to hear my old grannie’s voice again listing off what’s for tea!
      I was brought up on bashed neeps, Haggis, black puddings, Porridge-sliced and pan fried in butter and jam, stovies, cock-a-leekie, skirlie, fly cemetery, Athol brose (especially in winter), scones, black bun etc.
      Yep…fab memories and as for Kiwi food… you’re so right! We don’t have a cuisine but our fushnchups are a damn sight better than the English fare!!! My first meal when I returned on occasion was always fish n chips! Out on the beach with the gulls circling waiting for the chips…

Partial Polly 🐟🥔🍠🍤🦪🧂🍺

Anonymous

Now, now!  Whiskey… or whisky if you want to mis-spell it – is quite probably the greatest invention that has ever come about!  There can be disputes about where it started (and how to spell it) though I’d point out that Bushmills is pretty much accepted as the oldest distillery.)  All I can say is – whichever Celtic nation came up with it (and I’d perhaps favour the Manx?… sorry – just love bike racing) no-one can dispute that the water of life is the supreme height that could ever be reached……  Thank you, Celts:  the rest of the world owes you one!  Non-Celtic Inga.

Anonymous

Always lovely to be able to agree with you!  Most folk probably wouldn’t concur, but I agree that cabbage soup is superb!  (I’d put it in Cyrillic, but it takes far too long and virtually no-one would understand anyway.)  Ditto cucumber soup (Tarator is my favourite) – only bit I’d disagree with there is about Bigos – no reason why it shouldn’t be hugely tasty.  Finally; no reason why such things as Tofu and (my personal favourite) Quorn should ever be seen as “alternative meat”:  they are fantastic in their own rights – plus, I really wouldn’t know if they were anything like meat in the first place!

Thanks for the Milton; always nice to see something like that, but does that make you Eve?  If you need to bring religion into it (ATHEISIM RULES!) then I prefer the Divine Comedy… which would make you Virgil?  Last bit:  as a kid I always had a bit of (faux) Rabbie Burns given to me:  “Great Chieftain of the Pudding Race – It Makes You Puke From Out Your Face…”  Not very good I know – but I was only 8 at the time……  Love you:  Inga.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?