• This topic has 47 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Two subjects to consider; the lesser is the “European Superleague”:  is there anyone who thinks this is not just a money grubbing betrayal of the beautiful game?  And for the much, much greater subject…  LEICESTER CITY ARE IN THE FA CUP FINAL!  Fifth time lucky?  Glory, glory, Leicester City – the Blues go marching on!……

Anonymous

The beautiful game was lost years ago, like many sports money spoils it eventually. Once a sport becomes a commercial commodity to generate huge profits, the integrity, and honesty of that sport becomes compromised. Cycling is a prime example. Football is going the same way. Boxing is a has been a joke for years now. Millions of pounds in easy revenue, we the fans are paying the ultimate price for commercial profit.

Anonymous

Hi Inga…

The European super League…all six English teams should be banned immediately from ” everything “…leave them to play with thereselves…oooerr….

The everyday football fan is kicked into touch once again….how can ordinary football fans be expected to jet around Europe to watch their team…..every other week!!!!..

Rich get richer and the rest get poohed on…..once again….

Rant over!!!!!

” Come on you blues “…….Inga darling, aren’t the blues….. Chelsea??…..

and since Chelsea are one of the” big six ” ( including arsenal…that IS funny 😂🤣😂🤣😂)…..most of the country will be cheering on Leicester in the cup final…..” Come on you Foxes” !!!!!!!

Grace xx.

P.s.     all you football fans will now have the chance to switch to proper sports like Rugby or Cricket…..yay

Anonymous

I love your rants Grace, always a pleasure to read.
        Sunday cricket, cream teas, and the sun, what more can you ask for.

We cricket fans can’t get too snotty – the Indians have rather messed that up with ‘disco cricket’, or rather cricket for those with ADHD.  I find 20/20 unwatchable, it’s just a thrash!

Anonymous

The Blues are – and always will be – Leicester City!  We were founded in 1884:  Johnny-Come-Lately Chelsea were so, so late starting in 1905.  We get prior rights!  And football is indeed a proper sport – equally with cricket!  Rugby?  Just for people who don’t appreciate real sport… unless you’re talking about Rugby League!!!  Strewth; I must be getting really, really boring by now, mustn’t I?  Awful Inga.  (And thanks to all who have wished us luck in the final:  we really don’t want to expand our record Won 0 Lost 4 concerning Cup Finals……)

I think the new Super League goes against the Heart of the game, being a Red ( Liverpool ) supporter all my life and growing up there. I am disgusted.

Mikala xx.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Mikala.
      Anonymous

Hi Inga, The game of football has changed ever since the English Premier League was formed I blame Sky with its ridiculous TV rights.

Good Luck to Leicester City under Brendan Rogers you have a chance in winning. As for the European Super League this is the rich getting richer. Atleast the German clubs are at the moment shunning the idea. But for how long I am not sure.

Katerina x

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I was working in Mongolia in the middle of the Gobi with an international drill crew in the early 90’s and met with one of the camel trains which still ply the silk route across the country from China to Russia.

The old camel driver was Mongolian and only spoke a few english words – he proudly shared his total vocabulary with me ‘Bobby Charlton number one!’ and ‘Manchester United’  I was truly impressed and had no idea where he learnt this, but it was a great conversation starter!

I am not a football fan but truly impressed that someone who lives in the desert all his life had even heard of football let alone an english player and team !

hugs

Dawn x

Anonymous

In 2012 I was lucky enough to be on the Peking train, leaving Moscow, but in my case getting off at Irkutsk.  I was in my compartment with a couple of Austrian ladies who were going on to Ulan Bator – and I got some postcards from them when I returned to the good old UK; Mongolia seems to be quite unbelievably fantastic, just as long as you’re willing to put up with not having 5* accommodation and are OK with just really, really nice……  Please, please can Covid pi…. errrmmm, lets just say “go” off and allow me to travel again?  Mongolia, Armenia, Serbia and Macedonia beckon…  Travelsick Inga…

Dawn Wyvern
          Managing Ambassador

Living in the Gobi for a year tested my medical skills with bubonic plague and cholera to contend with in a remote location.

My partner missed visiting the country when I was working there due to the quarantine I had to impose, however we are driving from the UK to the Gobi and back in a couple of years time for another extended trip.

We are keen travellers and have had many adventures on bicycles and in our landrover camper, so we are also looking forward to the end of the current epidemic, but will only travel when its proven to be safe to do so.

Very much looking forward to seeing over the next hill and round the next corner …

hugs Dawn x

Anonymous

So, so envious…  please let everyone know how it goes n due course…  “Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate, And though I oft have passed them by, The day will come at last when I, Shall take the hidden paths that run, West of the moon, East of the sun……”  Three points for anyone recognising the quote;  you only provoke my wanderlust!  Itchyfeet Inga.

Dawn Wyvern
            Managing Ambassador

I believe that this was written by a Mr B Baggins as part of a song … but may be wrong – I have a love of Tolkien and enjoy reading his work, and was inspired enough to name my bicycle with which I cycled round the world on ‘Baggins’ !

Tolkien is a great inspiration for any traveler, but I am not a big fan of the long winded songs ..

Dawn x

Anonymous

Hi Inga I agree they are just load of money grabbers just pure greed, However Leicester City you need to see if a therapist can help you with that.

Love Sarah xx

Anonymous

Was wondering why you thought that – then noted you were from MK…  Given that that is a footy desert, I assume that makes you a Salford United fan (I refuse to refer to them as being from Manchester…)  Us Foxes are all totally well balanced… wibble.  And I know I’m not crazy – the voices in my head tell me I’m not……  Inga – a.k.a. Napoleon…

Leslie
      Lady

I don’t really know much about the super League, but it sounded a ripoff when I heard about it. But I thought that England was part of Europe any more? But if that idiot who owns the Arsenal has any part in it it is not to be trusted. He has always wanted to move the team out of London and has been trying to ruin the team so that he can do so. He did it here with the American football team he owns so he could move it to LA. Plus he defaulted on agreements he had with the local and state governments and the stadium they played in leaving millions of dollars unpaid.  And still after several years those issue have not been resolved. Ask us if we are bitter or not!

Hi on the news all 6 pl teams have withdrawn from the super league

Anonymous

Yay….. great news!!!!!!!!!!!

the millionaire/billionaire owners of all six should hang their heads in shame!!!…

NEVER underestimate the power of the TRUE football fan…..xx

Leslie
          Lady

Just remember one of those big 6 teams millionaires is married to a member of the Walmart family. Which tells you something about him in its self. And may the LA Rams (an American style football club for you UK ladies who may not know) never win a game again.
          And up the Arsenal!!! Which given the last few seasons says fan.

Leslie

Anonymous

Given the last few seasons, it says “optimistic”……  Mind; you still usually finish ahead of Totteringham – and have a reasonable chance of doing so this year:  Arteta is a good manager and – given time – will get things right!  You need a good strong, aggressive defensive midfielder (BUT HANDS OFF WILFRED N’DIDI!!!) and a good wide man – after that, you still play some of the most attractive footy in the division.  Better days will be coming for you!  On the other hand, I’ve got to say… WE’RE GOING WEMBLEY, WE’RE GOING WEMBLEY, YOU’RE NOT… etc etc etc  Come on – I don’t get to say that very often; let me have my five minutes in the sun!!!  Temporarily Upbeat Inga.

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Hey Inga y

Hope this reply finds you well.

I have always supported my local football club, Crystal Palace, I do miss those Saturday afternoons on the terraces (yes I am that old). It was certainly a special day when I got a job working for the football club too!

I was so saddened to hear the Super League announcement over the past few days, what it has shown is that managers and a certain chairman, have stepped up to highlight the idiocy of this breakaway league.

Will be watching the FA Cup final with interest as always. Would love Leicester City to win as they are such a consistent team.

Hugs

Samantha x x x

Anonymous

Aaahh… Crystal Palace – the only team in the league without a vowel in the first five letters of their name…. and quite possibly the ultimate in “For The Fans” clubs!  No-one ever became a Palace fan for the glamour or the big, plush stadium; they do it because they love the club.  More power to you!  As Hazell and Tasha have also mentioned, the ESL seems to be dead on it’s feet- and good riddance!  Royal Blue Inga…

Angela Booth
        Hostess

Well Samantha I have a soft spot for Crystal Palace. I went to games back in the day. The goal keeper would come out doing a gymnastic routine. Burridge, I think his name was. The pitch roller was a VW Beetle with a lawn roller on the back and you can shop at Sainsburys too. I think I remember ‘Big Mal’ Allison as a boss. An entertaining team that were a bit of a Yo Yo team going up and down the league. They had a great academy where Ian wright and Mark Bright came from.

A real team that will always keep you guessing and in need of sedatives. I still hide behind the settee if I see them play on T.V.

Anonymous

Budgie Burridge….. ahhh… there’s a problem.  If I remember rightly, he’s not held in much respect round here – wasn’t he the man who really shouldn’t have smacked Stevie Lynex?  Ah, well – at least LCFC won 5 – 1… and wasn’t Budgie sent off?  Or just booked?  In those days, you had to actually kill someone to get sent off…  And I hate to have to say so, but Mark Bright didn’t come from the Palace academy – he was signed from… LEICESTER CITY!  He was supposed to be the replacement for Gary Winston Lineker – problem was that he just never fitted in around here; one of those players who you know has a lot of talent, but is never dong to be making it at your club.  Great pundit though……  Leicester Till I; Die!!!  Inga.

Looks like the idea is DOA; which is a good thing. There is so much greed in sports and the Super League was just a terrible idea for multiple reasons.

Here in El Paso we are 18 days away from our local club’s (El Paso Locomotive FC) home opener. This is the third season and I’m so glad we decided to become season ticket holders from the start. Vamos Locos!

Anonymous

My son’s and I catch a couple of Toronto games a year, great football and a great night out with my boys. GO TFC!!!!!

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Although I hate to even mention anything related to the money grubbing schweinhunds at FIFA, I’m just waiting for the World Cup.  Missing the Euro Cup last year was bad enough!😪

Anonymous

FIFA, another branch of organized crime. Just about all the pro sports are, I can’t even watch hockey anymore.

I’m not a football fan nor a follower so please forgive me for overstepping my bounds, but…

My personal view is that this was nothing more than a money grabbing exercise and an attempt to make the already ridiculously rich even richer.

The fact that the clubs pulled out of it in the end means absolutely nothing.  They only did that after seeing the public backlash and felt compelled to act quickly to try to save face and their reputation.

The fact they all so eagerly signed up in the first place tells us what they really wanted and to be part of the money grabbing machine.

I’ll go back to what I know now and leave you knowledgeable ladies to discuss properly *giggles*

Love Rachel

Yep… supporting Tottenham is like having sex without an orgasm… time after time, after time, after time, after time…

Yah for fan power… power to the people! Super league shut down!

Polly

Anonymous

Yes – everyone should feel sorry for Totteringham; on the other hand, they do have one decent player… but only because he is ex-LCFC!  Harry Kane looked awful while he played for us – but obviously we perked him up a bit because he only became worthwhile after his time at Filbo…

Now got to apologise for being so obnoxious (especially as we aren’t guaranteed to beat Chelsea and therefore I would deserve to be pilloried if it happened) but – COME ON!!!  I’ve been a City fan through thin and thinner; surely I should get to gloat about our few victories (like the demolition of the Baggies last night……)  Eternally Royal Blue Inga…

Anonymous

Inga..

Whatever the sport….there are supporters and there are followers/fans.

Supporters pay to watch their team…so ” supporting ” them, paying towards their upkeep….followers sit at home and throw things at the telly…

Same as supporters and flitters…..supporters who have followed their team, however popular, through thick and thin. Good times and bad…..

Or flitters, who continually switch from successful team to successful team…..not true supporters….

Just my opinion……come on you Foxes🦊🦊🦊🦊!!!!!

Grace xx

Anonymous

And no-one could ever go against Grace, especially as she is so obviously right!!!  UP THE CITY!!!  Filbert Street Inga (or, to be more accurate since 2002, Filbert Way Inga…)

Anonymous

I never knew that polo was such a tough sport…

Anonymous

Wow I didn’t know ping pong was that aggressive Lisa

Anonymous

No – that wasn’t football; you’re thinking of a Scotch version of Buzkashi!  (And please note AJP Taylor – the adjective is Scotch – not Scottish.  Mind:  that doesn’t stop me from loving the place…… just not it’s weather.)  Must admit; while I’m not impressed by Scotch football, if they were going to come up with this daft idea, why didn’t they expand it a bit – including a club from Scotchland would have given them a bit of credibility……

Anonymous

Steph…

Some Sunday mornings in English parks, it’s still played exactly the same by pub teams…so I hear!!!

Anonymous

Fitbaa great name for a vegan breakfast bar, Stephanie.

Anonymous

Eeeehhh…  I really, really don’t believe in Cheerleaders, and LCFC Ladies wear the same kit as the LCFC mens team.  When watching the mighty, mighty blues, I tend to wear a – usually vintage – City shirt… plus a mini skirt and tights… oh, come on – what could ever look better?  Love you……  Inga.

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

LisaT –

Great to see another canoe polo player  !

being a sprinter I could get to the ball first all time but was awful at throwing so worked as a blocker for the teams I played in !

The BAT’s have come a long way since my day !

Anonymous

Only the ones I had trod on

Anonymous

Maybe it’s vegan organic lamb nothing like the real thing.

Anonymous

ewe girls…

Anonymous

Isn’t that squash!!!!

Anonymous

Can orange that Grace he he

Anonymous

hehe???….oh no!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?