Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author
      skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

For a smile

Sometimes I wonder why we do the things we do. It can require a lot of effort to try to keep up with the issues facing other people especially those of us in this community as we experience more than the average person might.  There are times when you might feel overwhelmed with the sheer volume of difficult things affecting others’ lives  and the emotional pain they cause both the person going through them as well as the person trying to help them in dealing with it.    I was in that situation the other day and was feeling despair as to whether my efforts to help would be fruitless and whether they would be appreciated or not either way.

I guess God decided I needed a concrete reminder of why what we do can make a difference because He put the image in my mind that made me realize what it was all about.  That mental picture is of a young teen girl, hugging her Dad-who had just had to explain his gender issues to one who would have a difficult time understanding them and that child with all the wisdom of her thirteen years here on Earth said “I love you Daddy” and gave him a big hug!

Now I don’t know yet if that is exactly how it took place as I have not yet had a chance to discuss the details with the lady I was trying to help.  But the thought of that tween girl along with her fifteen year old and (EVENTUALLY will also be her eight year old when she’s a bit older) sisters giving love and acceptance to that lady(and she truly IS a lady who loves her children  more than herself) will stay with me for the rest of my life and is a reminder of why we need to do anything we can to love and support each other as each if us travels that road to wherever it may lead us to.

Anyway I just wanted to share that with all of you.

Cynthia

Anonymous

You know skippy,you have a beautiful mind and a beautiful way with words.LOL Heather

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?