Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I wear glasses and i only have one pair – rimless. So whether I am dressed or not, I just wear those. However, I’ve been thinking about getting a second pair for when I am dressed. So I am curious if any you ladies use the same glasses when you dress or do you have a pair just for when you enfemme? or do you possible have uni-sex glasses?

And if you do have a pair for when you are dressed, did you buy them online? I’ve looked at a lot of online sites that sell glasses and they seem resemble priced. Just curious if any one has any experience with any of those sites.

Jennifer

I wear my glasses all the time, and the ones I have are from the men’s section, but I think they work well enough. Having said that, as long as my prescription didn’t change this year I’m going to get at least one pair of femme glasses, and maybe sunglasses also. I wear bifocals so getting them on line is an issue due to measuring correctly for the lower lense, so I’m just going to get them where I normally do. I figure they will just be happy to sell more glasses.

Bridgette

Anonymous
      Lady

Jennifer without my glasses I can watch flies at 100 yards crocheting but I can’t see my nose. I have 1 pair of guy glasses and 2 pair of girl glasses. My first pair was through a Walmart optics shop and my second through my optometrist. They looked at me a little funny when I picked my frames but said they looked nice and did what I wanted. Good luck finding what your looking for.
      🍷C

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I wear glasses and a few months ago had my eyes examined. There was little change in my presciption and the associates at the discount store were I go assumed I would not get new glasses. I told them I wanted their deal, 2nd pair half price. So I got my usual guys wire rims and nice pair of blue plastic rims that I thought looked very feminine. The cost was less than $200, including my transition lenses.
      . . Sandy

Paula
      Lady

My best friend says I should get a pair of more “feminine” glasses. I wear my “male” prescription.

Anonymous

I only wear reading glasses, but I need them when shopping. I have worn my guy glasses, but I picked up a pair of +1.50 women’s reading glasses at Walmart for under $20, and they work for me.

Anonymous

Don’t wear glasses but last time had eye exam asked my DR if could get a pair of contact designers a different color. So instead of natural brown eyes now can be green eye girl.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I’m wearing glasses all the time and for Kelly I bought some online (aliexpress) for 1/10 of what the local store asked.

I even broke my male glasses and had to wear kellys glasses for a while.

/kt

I do wear glasses and basically need them to read, (if my arms were 4 inches longer i would be ok, LOL). I went to Dollar General and bought the lowest magnification reading glasses in a color that i loved. Nothing great but they look feminine and I can still see up close.
      Hope this helps
      Hugs
      Michelle

Anonymous

I’m in the same boat, I guess my glasses are unisex enough but I prefer the look without them. Some of the girls have great sunglasses to, looking at you Grace! I need some.

— Abbie 🥰😘

Anonymous

Thanks Abbie…..xx

I’m due for new glasses this year. My insurance pays for a set of frames, and the lenses. Luckily, my prescription didn’t change, and I’m going to pick my second pair from the ladies section. All set to go.

Anonymous

Hi Jennifer….

I do wear glasses for reading but….

all my female eyewear is non prescription… I adore all my glasses, they add to my look and just boost my confidence……. and they are really my trademark. Grace does not go anywhere without them……

I don’t really care if they are “over the top” or what people think…..after all, I choose them, it’s what I think that counts and I love them…..

Spec- tacularly yours, grace xx

I wear glasses when I have to. I got my glasses and they had a buy one get one sale so no brainers for me.

Anonymous

I’ve been very short sighted all my life. How do you do eye make up when you can’t see without glasses!? Would it matter anyway? When I developed cataracts a few years ago, despite my phobia of things near my eyes, it was a case of get artificial lens implants or give up driving. So I bit the bullet. Wow, I could see trees’ leaves rustling, not just hear them!

Not quite perfect at close range, depending on light and environment, so I have a half dozen cheapo frames with reading lens dotted around the house, and in the car for when I go shopping, and yes, I do find the “women” frames more colourful and attractive to me.

Cheapo is what cheapo is, but bear in mind opticians have had massive price mark ups for years. You don’t have to pay a fortune anymore for a single decent pair, just spend the fortune on a selection!

Marti xxx

I have been ‘blessed’ with glasses since 4th grade.  It really crushed me when my mom insisted on picking my frames for me.  I had been dressing a little by then, and the ones she picked were definitely NOT near what a girl would wear at all, more like Clark Kent.

She finally let me choose when I  was 12, and I  picked round frames, like Janis Joplin wore, but could still pass for boy glasses too.  Since then, all of my later frames were round or as near that as I could find.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Paula F.

I have worn glasses since I was a child, and now bifocals.  Although it is expensive, I have several.  I use different ones for things like exercising or using the computer.  Some look quite androgynous and I now wear those when dressed.  If you can afford it, I think multiple pairs are the way to go.

Diana Stockton
      Baroness

I normally wear bifocals on frames my wife picks out for me.  However they are too masculine.  I found that glasses can substantially change my look.  I started out with reading glasses but found I could not see very well in all cases.  Two years ago after getting a new set of drab glasses I got a copy of the prescription and ordered a set online.  It is night and day for my look and it is nice for Diana to see again.

I wear glasses all the time, my every day glasses are varifocal with reaction lenses however as Samantha I bought a ladies pair of varifocal glasses from an online company called selectspecs for a fraction of the price, and when my prescription changes it doesn’t cost a lot to change.

Samantha x

I have to wear glasses full time – I have horrible vision and usually wear full progressives now.

I bought two specific pairs of femme glasses with my prescription lenses from an online store (EyeBuyDirect).  One pair has clear lenses and a pretty floral print frame (they are the ones I’m wearing in my posted pics), and I think I paid just over $120 or so for those with progressive, hi-index lenses.  I also have a pair of prescription sunglasses from the same place that are advertised as ‘unisex’ but which I think are definitely more on the femme side and with the same progressive prescription lenses, tinted and polarized, I think those were around $230.

I confess that even if I didn’t actually need them to see, I think I would personally be wearing glasses when dressed because the frames do me a great service in hiding the dark circles/bags under my eyes – which are getting worse with each passing year!  Thank goodness for glasses, and, nuclear strength concealer!

Marcellette

I have to wear glasses as I am blind as a bat.

For the longest time, I would wear my male glasses all the time, dressed or not.  When I look in the mirror, even fully dressed, something seemed off and it was the glasses.  Like you, both my male glasses are rimless, so even despite the clothes, wigs, makeup, the glasses made me look more drab.

I finally bought a pair of girl glasses online.  The first pair was a bust, as the frames did not have any nose bridge support so while the frames looked very good, it did not fit well.  The 2nd pair I bought I made sure the frames had nose support, and I wear them when I transform into Wendy.  It is a nice blue girl frame, so now when I look in the mirror fully transformed, I do see a girl looking back.  It was buying the girl glasses that pushed me over, and I wished I bought a pair of girl glasses earlier.

I bought them online, I saved my prescriptions and used that to buy the glasses.  It was really inexpensive and free shipping.  I had to adjust the ear piece and nose bridge, but finally got them set right so now with those glasses it looks way better.  I made sure I only bought girl frames, not unisex.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

I have a rimless pair, which I use in both male & female modes.

As to where to purchase eye glasses, I recommend Zenni Optical for on line purchases and Walmart Optical for in person purchases.  I have used both for many years and highly recommend both.  It just depends whether you want in person personalized service or you want to save money and buy on line.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?