Viewing 31 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

In light of getting my first bra, and getting ready to buy my first form, I’m curious what size and shape forms everyone prefers.

I’m a fan of asymmetrical forms, closer to triangle than teardrop, though in my opinion closer to the natural curve of a breast (at least on my particular figure).  A couple words in general on breast form selection:

Measure twice, cut once.  This is particularly important if you’re buying online.  What I do is take a cloth measuring tape (and if you don’t have one get one, girl you’re gonna need it!) and mock it out on my chest based on the listed dimensions.  If dimensions aren’t given, I’d just hard pass in general.

Second word of advice is resist the temptation to cheap out.  And this coming from someone who has to seriously budget for all her girl-stuff.  The old adage is true here for the most part: you get what you pay for.  Not that you should immediately go for the high-end forms, particularly if you’re unsure about sizing or your commitment, but avoid the bargain-barrel stuff.

Hope this helps! 😉

I wear a bra everyday and love the feel of straps and band all day. I have settled on triangle thin inserts (white, black and nude) which I get from Amazon. They give some shape but not noticeable. I use one or two in each cup depending on the bra or bralette. Kisses.

I have a a set of triangle forms. I like the way they help me look more feminine. I have tried different types and found that the triangle is perfect for me. I use a c cup it gives me enough shape without looking to over developed.

I have two sets made from premium silicone from enFemme. Both are triangle shape but I have C’s for when I want to glue them on and go braless or attract less attention and I have D’s for that fuller look when I’m just hanging out in the house or sleeping in.

My first ones were a inexpensive teardrop D’s from a harder silicone. For me I thought they looked liked bolt on.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I have asymetrical forms – they’re similar to triangle forms but have a bit of extension that goes toward the underarm.  Mine are the perfect size for my 40 E/DD and 42 D bras.  That’s pretty large but look proportional on my body.

One caution.  You should buy bras to fit your breasts/breast forms.  Not the other way around.  It’s difficult at best to find forms that perfectly fit a particular bra you’ve already purchased.  Your best bet is to talk to a rep at a reputable breast form store to find forms that are appropriate for your body.  Then get fitted for a bra at a local lingerie store.

/EA

Now this is my opinion needed your homework and buy a set of breast forms that fit your body.

I wear a size 38D and a triangular on me makes me look fuller and I think it fits my body without drawing a whole lot of attention.

And I’ve had the teardrop which gives me more projection. Mine or middle of the road that make me look good and still have a balance.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

My type of form was an evolution from when I was younger. I was not a big child and was quite slim too which was an advantage when sneaking into my sisters dresses. By the age of about 13 I started to wear my elder sister and mothers dresses which needed the addition of a padded bra to look right , mums bras seemed right so used rolled up stockings to achieve the look. One day I was wearing a dress that had a scooped front and I could see down the front and saw the rolled stocking. I pushed it down in the bra and pulled the bit of breast I had over it and there was a bit of cleavage but the ‘form’ rolled a bit. I soon found that my sisters bra was more snug and by putting the stockings under the tissue it was held in place and I had a cleavage. So when I began dressing with my own things I remembered this trick and made a foam form of my own which served well. Eventually I was online and looking at ‘chicken fillets’, boosters. They didn’t work well so I used padded push up bras which improved things. Then I saw these soft silicone forms and bought a pair and they were so much better, I ditched the padded bras in favour of a regular underwired, non padded type, the cleavage I got was perfect and as the forms warmed they sat tight in the bra all day and even  nice in a sleep bra. My first bra was a 36B. I did start to use a breast pump and over a period of time it increased my breast tissue and I now wear a 36D for regular day wear and can wear lower tops. It looks natural, as in effect it is, and how many women do the same? I have had favourable comments from girls and even had a chest stare from a young male cashier, the ultimate endorsement.

I use the Large size 300g Softleaves X99 forms, which I think were designed as a mastectomy form. They have no nipple but then I am not likely to be doing a wet T shirt competition any time soon. They are very affordable at about $35 a pair or £30 for me. That is very affordable and I have used them for many years now. In all the years I have had two split due to pinching the shell. They can be bought individually so replacement is easy. Obviously my size is a blessing as these were designed for an average woman and I sit well at a size 12/14 U.K. dress size and I am not aware of a larger size for larger girls.

I have 2 pairs of gold seal breastforms from the breastform store.

Both are sized based on my bra band, one pair is B and the other is a C cup.

I like them both, some days I feel like having a smaller set of boobs while other days a slightly larger pair of boobs.

Wendy,

if you don’t mind me asking, what is your body shape? And what shape forms do you have?

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie
      I have only been here a couple of weeks and I am awaiting the arrival of my “C” shape forms for my 38C bra. I went cheap to see how they fit and then maybe better after I try them. I am in pretty good shape but my body has given me man boobs which fit nicely into my bras so here’s hoping.
      Sara

Hi Stephanie as a larger girl i have natural b cup and i chose a c cup silicone teardrop forms even wife says they look really natural as you look down and see the clevage i think ohh la la

he he good luck girl

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,  I wish you well on your first forms purchase.  I think that bras and forms are like cars and it takes you a while and a few tryouts until you find what just seems perfect for you.  I wear an off the shelf Maidenform lightly padded bra each day because that’s what fits my body.  I’m Intersex and have some “breastage”.  There are times when I want a little more oomph, like when I wear an evening gown or low cut top.  Then, I’ll just add a simple silicone enhancer that I get from the Breastform Store.  If you think that you want to make your bra into a pocket bra and then slip your various forms in you can just look at my article called Swimsuit Perfection for directions on how to do the simple modifications.  I hope that this helps you.   Marg

Anonymous

While I don’t have any forms yet, when I do, I want something that looks right for my body type. Since I am tall (6’4″) I think a C size would be the best look for me.

I am 38inches for band measurement so I always thought 38C would be perfect for me. I got professionally fitted for bra and forms and it turns out a 42A bra with a size 7 silicone form is what fits best and looks the most natural on me. Go figure. Of course, bra sizing like clothes varies a lot from brand to brand so it’s helpful if you can try before you buy. I loved the fitting and the whole girly experience.

Hi Michelle, it’s interesting, I had a professional fitting and ended up with a 42C with a size 7 “Gold Seal Classic” form from The BreastForm Store. As you say, it all depends on the variations between the brands.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Anonymous

I have A and B forms, small is beautiful in my book.  💋

Layla Mesa
      Duchess

I love my 42C  bras of sorts. They feel so comfortable. Like being held.

Hi girls,

I’ve mentioned this before in similar posts on this topic. When I knew I was going to be transitioning, I arranged to have a professional bra fitting at a specialty lingerie shop that also takes care of mastectomy clients. After being thoroughly measured, and then trying on various types of bras with different types of forms, it was determined that for my frame the best combination was a 42C with a C-cup form. At first she said a B-cup but when trying it on with different tops she said the C-cup looked better because I’m a bit wider in the rib cage. She also recommended going with an asymmetric form because they’re much more realistic in appearance and they make your shoulders look narrower.
      I ended up going with Gold Seal Classic 1 1/2 in size 7 and my favorite bras that fit me and my forms perfectly are WonderBra model 4436, an underwire breathable T-shirt bra.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Stephanie,

I got my teardrop forms from the Glamour Boutique. Originally I was looking to get C cup forms but David at Glamour said that if I wanted to blend in while out in public then a B cup size would be a better fit for my 6′, 157lb thin body. And he was 100% right, they look great.

Two tips.
      1. If you want your nipples to show in some outfits get a T-Shirt bra. They have minimal padding and a completely smooth cup front.
      2. By all means get an underwired bra. They hold the forms in place well and a correctly-sized underwire is comfortable for all-day wear.

Fiona

another tip, if you want to “show off those nips”…they also make and sell silicon nipples will stick to your forms, but to be more secure, I use double-sided tape and my nipples are at “full attention”, 24/7….”YES, it’s cold in here…YES, I’m happy to see you, too”….!!! PS: I tried to post a picture of them, under my sleeveless tank…sadly, it was NOT approved…not a good way to start out here with my first picture posting being rejected…lesson learned…!!!

Robin Wilson
      Duchess

I bought a breast plate and didn’t have any choice of cup sizes. I bought the breast plate that most closely fits my neck and chest. As it turned out I ended up with DD. At first I was shocked, but like anything I got used to it. So my bras have to fit my body size with the form on. I have yet to remove my chest hair because of my wife and where I am in my journey so for me the breast plate works for now. Although I am having trouble buying some outfits, so I might be making a change. Like anything this is a journey. You try, you evaluate, you move on. Just like any other girl we just want to look good, and finding the right form for the rest of the body you already have it will click. In the beginning you get excited just to have any breast at all. Don’t be afraid to try something different. Good luck 💜

Robin

Well Stephanie, My Preference is a 40DD, on account of my build. So am comfortable with big breasts, am a breast person.but be happy with what you got.
      Jennifer

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

As mentioned in other post’s for “going public”, plus “full on Caty mode” when away from home on overnight trips, I’m a C Cup  GoldSeal triangular girl. Mostly cos a/. they look right, when attached via the double  sided tape arrangement, b/. I can sleep braless and they wont come off. c/. A good full cup lacy underwire bra, gives me terrific. comfortable fit. Fayreform, Wacoal and Simone Perele are my favorite brands.

Caty.

Like some others I do not as yet have any forms but have made enquiries with the Breastform store here in Australia, asking for what they would recommend. Given that I chose a rather large bust and I’m somewhat broad across the shoulders the very kind staffer informed me that I should go for assymetric forms, and good quality ones at that.

Teardrop or triangular I will let the people at the BF store make that decision.

I feel so fortunate to find a pair of breast forms that are “perfect” and compliment my physique and total feminine self…I’m considered PLUS size…a size 22/24 or 3x, so what I have, I feel is in proportion to the look I desire…that being said, I’m also TOO cheap to buy bras in different sizes/fits…so they’re ALL 48C…not too big/not too small…!!!

Love 2 sets I have,A cup makes me feel younger as most young women are smaller.  The D cup are adhesive, and I love the way they feel as if a part of me.

Only had my breastforms a week but absolutely adore them Sleep in them most nights. There the Hera breastforms from the breastform store. Size 8. Did consider the size 10 but the 8’s are great gives me a D cup. You will love breastforms and the thrill of trying on all your exist clothes. Hope you find your perfect breasts and enjoy.

Syndee
      Lady

I have both triangle and tear drop forms. I started with the tear drop type  in a C cup and found that I didn’t like the way the looked on me so I got some triangle shapes also in a C cup. I am broad in the shoulder and I fell that the triangle help look more natural. I now have triangle forms from A cup up to D cup. I wear the A and B cups most of the time, I like the way that they don’t draw as much attention due to the size. I wear the C and D cups if I am dressing up more like in a dress or a fancy blouse. I like the way that they fill out the tops better and fill in the built in bras that most of my dresses have. All of my forms are self adhesive but I still wear a bra with them to help keep them in place, the adhesive on them starts to give out as it get hot where I am and the sweat makes them start to move without a bra. I am 5 foot 8 inches and weigh around 210-215 Lbs. Like most have said on here forms are trial and error, all of mine I got from amazon but would like to get a more expensive pair once I decide on my main size to wear.

Julie
      Lady

Go with the size to match your natural body shape honey. Also sadly you can not sleep in them without a regular bra but that can cause health risks!

J J
      Lady

Ultimately it is personal preference. Just like with ggs we all dream of the perfect breast size. Some large ggs which they were smaller, and some small ggs wish they were bigger. At least we get to choose. There are two major considerations, first is what you want or prefer, second is what looks best for your size and frame. The two may be synergistic or oppositional.

I prefer a small boob, but if I go too small it doesn’t fit my frame well. If I wear too large a form it draws too much attention, so finding the right size is a challenge. I have owned three different sets of forms, and am still searching for just the right boobs for me.

Harriette
        Lady

Sorry, I need a translator.

Does GG (good game) in this context refer to a CIS woman?

J J
          Lady

yes, gg is short hand for girl girl or cis-female.

Harriette
            Lady

OK, thanks. I hadn’t seen “girl girl” before

My understanding is that GG stand for Genetic Girl. Best, Marlene.

Harriette
            Lady

Ah, that one cleared it up. The cyber dictionaries agree.

Samantha R
      Duchess

I went with a “D” cup because I am a larger girl. As I continue to slim down (down 40 already!) I will consider going to a “C” cup.

I have several breast form sizes from C to DDD. Mostly tear drop.

The cup size I wear depends on my mood  that day I can go .

I know the larger bust size can draw attention but I feel confident with the complete look.

Alanna

Having a descent set of my own on top I recently bought my first set of forms, I went with the triangle D and I just fell in love with them, I wear a 42D bra. When I put my bra on in the morning I just don’t feel right if my forms are not in. LOL    I have a pair of teardrop C and self adhesive D forms but I feel the triangle forms fill my bra and look the best, when I wear a V neck, I get some nice cleavage.  I got some advice from Caty and I’m going to get some tap for my forms I want to wear them with no bra, to get a bit more bounce and to have more show through if ya know what I mean………  LOL

Hi girls, I also wear a 42C/D bra and I’ve been wearing a pair of the new Divine Collection Hera breast forms now for over two months. My Gold Seal Classics have been relegated to emergency use if required. The Gold Seals are C-cup and the Hera forms are D-cups. Where I work, as a trans woman, the difference was noticed and the comments were all positive, saying that the larger forms fit my frame better and look very real. As a matter of fact, one lady asked me if I’d finally had breast augmentation.  I will tell you that the difference in weight is significant between the two forms. You definitely feel and are much more aware of the Hera forms when you’re wearing them. The company says they weigh the same as real breasts, their D-cup forms weigh almost 7 pounds per pair, I had to get used to carrying that added weight up front, LOL.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Trisha
      Duchess

Triangle gives a fuller effect. Teardrop is more of a 20 something form. Very perky and firm. As a mature lady I prefer saggy forms. Amazon has some great forms that are just that. Saggy.

As far as size, stuff your bra with whatever until it looks right. Them measure your band then over the fullest part of your breasts. Subtract the 2. Each cup size is 1″ larger than your band. 4″=DD 3″=D etc

Trisha

I picked C and Other. C is my usual cup size, but sometimes I look better in a B.

The “other” is for shape – my forms are asymmetrical which was not a choice.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?