Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

In the past month, I purchased top/tunic or mini dress depending on how you would wear that is black velvet from a second hand store. I have been looking for something in that color and material now for over a year and have had not much luck. Either the price was too high or would not fit, so to find this piece that I am currently wearing with a pair of leggings and flats is wonderful.  Is there a dress, skirt, top that you are searching for in a particular color or fabric that you dream of wearing?  I know that finding and buying this piece has definitely put a smile on my face.

Its such a joy when it happens Michelle. I’ll get a mental picture of myself in a particular style and color outfit (a midi dress currently) and then go searching through the stores. It sometimes takes a while, but is usually quite worth the effort when you score.

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Olivia, I totally agree and I hope for more finds soon. Funny enough, I keep dreaming of me in different outfits and styles, everything from a 1930s dress to the glam of the 60s or the high shoulder padded dresses of the early 80s.

Don’t you just love finding that special something that melts your heart! Like the other day I found a super cute little lace top on sale! Small victories!

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Samantha, cool and grats on the find!  And indeed small victories! 🙂

Anonymous

I love blue dresses but I feel really excited if I see something tbat I want to wear even if I didn’t set out to buy it. How many times have I set out to buy, say, a skirt and ended buying a new bra! I love shopping for clothes!

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Still need a blue dress for myself. And yeah, I love shopping for clothes too!

Rochelle Mills
      Baroness

Michelle – thanks for the topic!  To build a wardrobe pretty much from scratch starting late last year, my wife and I have been making the rounds of area thrift stores and have found quite a few nice dresses, tops and skirts.  Coincidentally, one of the dresses was a floor-length velvet gown with a sparkly silver pattern in the bottom foot or so.  Stretchy enough fabric to fit comfortably over my smaller breast forms.  It may motivate me to tackle arm hair, lol.

Whether we are thrifting or checking out a Burlington’s or regular department store, we tend to find some surprising, fun additions to hers and my wardrobe.  It would be fun to come across some retro styles like a 40s pep plum dress, which is still on my list. 😎

Rochelle

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Rochelle, I love going into the local thrift stores.  One of them in town is CD/TG friendly so they don’t think anything of me looking through the dresses and stuff.  Most of the stuff is a little too small for me but a girl can dream.  So its rare for me to purchase anything but it does give me great ideas.  Oh and I love peplum dresses.  They are really cute.  I bought one from Suddenly Fem before it changed hands.  It is really comfy and flattering.

Michelle

Rochelle Mills
          Baroness

Yes, Michelle, thrift stores can be a blast. I usually make a beeline to size 16/18 and see if there’s anything fun to be had…occasionally a stretchy 14 might work. But like with shoes, there always seems to be some really cute styles just a size or two too small. 😉

Rochelle

I hear ya! I’m a womens 13W

With payless gone, the options are dwindling. Although I don’t care for the idea, it appears online shopping is going to win out.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Tiffany, i wear 11.5 and had mixed results on footware.  Pleasers do make a decent shoe that is comfortable and cute.  Might give them a look.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Sad about payless. I love the flats I got from them one week before they closed. My ankle boots are cute but a little tight around the toes.  And still cannot find a single pair of size 13s in any store nearby., ugh.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?