Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls

I recently watched a video by Juliette Noir as she demonstrated some Jecca Blac products.  They seemed to work amazingly well.

Wanted to hear other girls input on whether to go with liquid or powder?

Of course a beard cover/concealer is required.  Good face wash prior (I use Cetaphil)

What else do you use?  Primers? locking powders?   Please share if you can.  Im sure Im not the only one wondering.  😀

xo Robyn

Anonymous

I use Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage 220 Natural Beige Liquid. I have it on right now.

Kay

For foundation, all I’ve ever used is liquid.

After I’ve done applying foundation, I then apply eye shadow/liner so it allows the foundation to dry.  I finish off the foundation with a set powder, then set spray to lock in the foundation.

Thank you Wendy!!

What do you use for set powder and set spray…if you dont mind sharing.

I was impressed with how the jecca products worked, but for here in America, I prefer the idea of a product/s being readily available from Walgreens, CVS, or an Ulta, Sephora, etc.  Even as a drab guy I dont have a problem with purchases.  I mean what are they gonna do RIGHT??

xo – Robyn

I use a cream foundation. Initially was not happy with it, but started using a Beauty Blender and the result is a much more finished product….. still looking for an ideal founfation for me and next will try a liquid. I do use a setting powder as well and a face primer before I get started…

There are so many possibilities that it’s hard for a novice to choose which way to go. If I ever get up the nerve I will call a Sephora or Ulta store and set up a consultation….. I think some of the girls here have done that with some success.

Thank you Laura Jane. 🙂

I’ve been a MAC customer since the end of 2016 and have been MAC Obsessed level for the past 3 years. I have VERY oily skin on my face and scalp. Living in the desert with some 122F days doesn’t help either, so oil control is a big deal for me. The rest of me is bone dry. I don’t need a beard cover.

For the last few years I have been using their Full Coverage Foundation. They bill it as: “emollient-based, full-coverage M∙A∙C foundation“. As such it isn’t powder or liquid. As you begin to use the compact you will see a slight sheen to it and also after application. Creamy is perhaps the term that applies.

Recently I have been trying their Studio Fix Fluid foundation. I’ve used it 4 times so far and I have been surprised. For me, one application does not do it for me to cover up everything. It dries fairly quickly and some places require a 2nd application. That’s where the “buildable” part come in. I put on dabs with the applicator and then stipple with a triangular sponge. What I have found so far is that oil control seems to be better. I started trying this after the really hot weather, so that has to be checked, but so far, so good.

So, currently my sequence is:

• Oil Control Lotion (just checked the MAC site and this may be discontinued)
      • PREP + PRIME Skin Refined Zone Treatment
      • PREP + PRIME Pore Refiner Stick
      • Studio Fix Fluid
      • PREP + PRIME Fix+ Spray (sometimes)
      • PREP + PRIME Transparent Finishing Powder/Pressed

If I’m really going for the 9’s, I will use Studio Finish Concealer in a few places…

i use liquid.  Then when i’m finished with the rest of my makeup, i dust on powder to seal it all

Same here Wenday

Renee
      Lady

Is there any that you get away with wearing even in guy mode??

I started off with liquid, so I still have a lot to use up!

However, having been for 2 makeovers now, I’m beginning to see the sense of powders.

I started off with foundation, but quickly realised that it created dark rivulets in my wrinkles – enter primer.

Then I started to realise that unless I completely removed the make up, shaved and re-applied, I would be stuck with stubble in the evenings. Not the best look.

All hail Jecca Blac’s concealer!

So, concealer, primer, foundation… but wait!

Now I’m getting into contouring, that liquid foundation hides and blurs all my contouring, no matter how sharply contrasted I leave it, and I have to touch it up a second time.

My makeup artist gets around that by gently dabbing the powders with a fine sponge, and setting it with spray.

But I guess there is no getting away from it – if you want to hide that broad male face, you have to sculpt the oval with dark contouring. Same goes for the bulbous male nose – which also needs lights on the bridge, and a cute little button on the end…

There’s so much to learn with contouring – and blusher and bronzes come into that equation. Every day is a school day!

For now, I’ll stick with my 10 minute car routine – beard concealer, primer, foundation, eyes, lippy and blusher, followed by a light spray to set.

Then spend like 2 hours getting ready to go out of an evening.

Sometimes it’s hard to be a woman…

Love Laura

Laura

Very interesting.  Very similar to the girl I watch on youtube, Juliette Noir.  She reently demonstrated the Jecca Blac products.  She also contours and highlights in a similar way.

Good information!  Thank you!

XO – Robyn

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

MY method,

Do the eyeshadow first, if you screw it up, you won’t wreck your foundation removing and redoing the eyes.

Beard cover next. Liquid foundation over that.

Contour the areas you need.

Setting powder lightly applied over the top.

But there is no one way to skin a cat…

XOXO

[postquote quote=412692]
      Dala

Thank you for that!!  I read that somewhere too!  Makes a lot of sense for me being my eyes take me the longest.  I think I’m going to try that in the near future and see how that works.

Robyn 😊

Anonymous

I have another brand that I recently bought and I really like. It’s a liquid. Milani Conceal Perfect 2 -IN- 1 Foundation + Concealer  color 08 Light Tan. Lovin’ it!

Kay

Hi Robyn and all you Ladies!

I have one routine that seems to work.

– wash and shave, then apply moisturizer.  Wait 15 minutes.

– apply Bare Minerals Primer lightly all over face – allow to dry – about 10 minutes.

– apply “Bye Bye Undereye” to bags under eyes – LIGHTLY.

– apply concealer a few places.  Apply orange beard cover around mouth.   Go over with beauty blender.

– apply NYX Stay Matte liquid foundation – LIGHTLY.  Doesn’t take much.  Set with neutral setting powder!

– do the eyes and brows.

– apply blush, then apply darker contouring touches as desired.  Blend with big brush.

– apply darker eye shadow color along jaw line and under chin line – BLEND.

– apply lipstick, gloss, etc.

Step back, look it over, and probably apply a bit more blush.  If I’m going out I usually also spray with setting spray.

I do have a problem with oily skin creating a shiny face after a couple of hours.  I’ll try some of the hints noted above.  Thanks Girls!

Mikey

As an update

Being I haven’t shared what I use.  Have pics posted…so far I think Im doing pretty well. Could always get better with the eyes.

Much like Mikey stated

– Fresh shave – does anyone use a straight razor or something for right under your nose?

– Cetaphil face wash, then cetaphil face moisturizer.  Wait like 15 minutes

– Clinique face primer – mainly for on and right around my nose where I get oily.

– Stay dont stray eyelid primer

– Clinique beyond perfecting foundation with concealer. Im a neutral.  So far no need for beard cover but haven’t really tested long enough.

– Cheek stars bronzing powder to contour widows peak, under cheek bones and jaw line.

– Clinique foundation in a step lighter shade for highlight on forehead, around eyes, nose, under nose and chin.

– Eye shadow, eye liner, brows and mascara

– Blush

– Lips  – Not sure if I want a lip pencil or not yet.

Robyn 💋💄

IsabelB
      Lady

I used to use a liquid foundation (No.7) but recently bought some of the Jecca Blac products, after the video sessions on here.  They are neither liquid nor powder, but are more of a creme.  They’re really good products – even better than I had expected to be honest.  They’re easy to apply, last well but are also easy to remove – or maybe I’m just getting better at it!

Isabel x

Girls , you’ve got my head spinning. Pheeewie , I don’t know where to begin. Having yet to take the plunge into the world of makeup , I had no idea there was so much involved. It is almost enough to make me throw up my hands and say “No way. I can’t do that.”.

It makes me question whether I’m dedicated and interested enough in trying to become passable to go through all of that work and expense. Right now I’m very confused and discouraged.

Sorry if I’ve rained on this parade but I’m speechless.

Rikki

I think everyone can agree that initially, it IS VERY confusing but don’t get discouraged.  I was intimidated by it too at first.  And now I’ve been out en force as Robyn!

Thats why watching some videos and asking for help is the best thing.  I know my first go I looked like a racoon!!  LOL!!  If young girls 12 & 13 are determined to figure it out, we can too.

Thats why there’s all of us.  Posting questions, asking for help, there are plenty of girls more than willing to help.

Robyn ❤️

I was a little freaked at first also, looking at several makeup tutorials on you tube, and such. I watched my wife do hers a few times then she asked if I wanted her to do mine. She did, and I love it. Next time I had her just tell me what to do, each step of the way. Then alone. Practice, practice, practice! And patience. YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!

I love Juliette Noir! I probably watched the same video (s) you did Robyn.

I have several Jecca Blac items on my wish list, but for now I’m sticking with cheaper options until my skills develop enough to justify the investment.

Did you send them (Jecca) in a picture so they could offer a skin colour match?

[postquote quote=413431]
      I know, she is gorgeous!  Love her!!

Actually I use Clinique for my foundation and its worked great.  The girl matched me in store by taking a picture.

So far I havent needed a beard cover, being my foundation has a concealer, and I haven’t really tested it in the daytime.  The Jecca Blac products seem to work amazing though.

Might need a beard cover still.  Maybe I’ll truly test it one day.

Robyn

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?